Mr. Tate Is Right VHL Owners Are Greedy

Mike

Image result for ballers hbo

Original Article Mr. Tate

I don't know the man, but Mr. @Tate is right (seen above).  The VHL salary cap is a paltry 45 million a season.  The NHL is sitting at 81.5 million for the 2019-2020 season.  The VHL has been around for 70+ seasons now, and we are paying our players half of the NHL?  I can sum up the VHL elite in one simple word, GREED.

Far too long have the fat cats at the top of the league prospered while its players have suffered.  The NFL is currently voting on its new CBA deal.  Where is our VHL union?  I think the time has finally come for us players to come together and say enough is enough.  What about the former players, our pension plan? 

Recently requirements were increased (400 TPE - 700 TPE) so that only better, more established players benefited.  What happens to a rookie with a career-ending injury, does he not deserve medical help from the league?  I say the players' band together and go on strike.  Let the scabs who can't even get drafted play a season and see what happens to league revenue.