Road to the S72 Founder's Cup, Pt. IV: S72 Offseason

McWolf

Part I: S71 Offseason

Part II: S71 Season

Part III: S71 Playoffs

And we are back! 8 games into the season, Saskatoon is the only team that has yet to lose in regulation. Our core is still going strong, and our draft class this offseason was crazy.

S71 Draftees TPE Progression

3.01 - C Cassius Gardner (89 TPE at the Draft, 135 TPE now) @jhatty8

3.06 - D Bobby Wyman (58 TPE at the Draft, 167 TPE now) @Lefty_S

3.11 - RW Adam Frence (61 TPE at the Draft, 167 TPE now) @Kachur IA

4.05 - D Erik Hjalmarsson (52 TPE at the Draft, 80 TPE now) @Erik

4.11 - LW Kazimir Komarov (109 TPE at the Draft, 218 TPE now) @Gooningitup

5.03 - LW Gino Alkamino (80 TPE at the Draft, 139 TPE now) @ChaceT

Our first S71 draftee has passed the 200-TPE mark this offseason, with Komarov now sporting an impressive 218-TPE build. I expect all of Wyman, Gardner, Alkamino to at least come close to the 200 mark by the playoffs, while Hjalmarsson is still providing good depth on the blueline. Frence has sadly gone inactive, so he has been banished to the bottom of the lineup. Overall, despite not going on the stand to select before the 23rd pick that year, our S71 draft class provides us with a full forward line and a full defensive pair that is top 6-caliber, giving us only so many spots to fill in this offseason's draft.

S72 Draft Class

1.04 - C Lucas Brandt (236 TPE at the Draft) @twists

1.05 - D Tyler Walker (194 TPE at the Draft) @Advantage

1.10 - RW Keith Krestanovich (146 TPE at the Draft) @Boragina

2.03 - RW Dan Baillie Jr (134 TPE at the Draft) @wcats

2.09 - G Grekkark Gyrfalcon (136 TPE at the Draft) @Sharkstrong

4.05 - G Cal Conway (99 TPE at the Draft) @Shaka

4.09 - LW Elijah Flynn (73 TPE at the Draft) @Underclass_Hero

5.04 - LW Jared Willis (78 TPE at the Draft) @Jared Willis

This massive class, along with FA acquisition D King Kruul @LefLop, fills every single hole we had in the lineup. Counting Frence (which I intend to replace whenever there's a center waiver that accepts to come play on my 3rd line), we now have 9 forwards, 4 defensemen and 2 goaltenders. Not only does this class makes us one of the best teams in the league this season, it possibly gives us, once again, a good core for next season. We even managed to snag a backup goalie that was fine staying with us in a more limited role this season, if it meant giving us a shot at being competitive two seasons in a row (thanks Shaka)! I sincerely think we have what it takes to win this season without being spending too much at the trade deadline, which would give us a great team for 2 seasons in a row, a rare feat in the VHLM these days.

Good season everyone!