Yukon Rush Press Conference!

Oatex

On 11/30/2020 at 4:24 AM, fromtheinside said:

Week 3 Press Conference

Answer All 6 for 2 TPE; 3 for 1 TPE

1)  Over the course of the last week Yukon has encountered some struggles. This time last week we were 5-2-3 and now we've fallen to 11-12-4. What would you say is the biggest factor in our recent slump and what do we need to do to turn things around?

2) If you could only choose one accolade, would you rather win the scoring title or win a Founder's Cup while only having moderate personal success?

3) Philly has pretty much been established as the league's top threat since the onset of the season, however after Sunday's sims the Mexico City Kings actually have passed the Reapers in the overall standings. Which team do you consider to be more lethal and who would you LEAST want to play come playoff time?

4) We've had a decent amount of new recruits join our team over the past couple weeks. How did you discover the VHL in the first place and what about it appeals to you most?

5) What other video games (if any) do you like to play in your free time when you aren't max capping your VHL player every week :D?

6) In three sentances or less, please explain why Cow is a degenerate for even implying pineapple should on a pizza. For the pineapple lovers out there, why do you choose such a poor lifestyle and what are you going to do in the future to better yourself?

1) I would say that our biggest factor is that we don't score a lot of goals and to turn it around is to score more goals.  

2) I would choose the Founder's Cup because I would rather see the team have success.  

3) Philly is more lethal than the other teams because they have more depth. 
4) I found out about the VHL from a youtuber and what I like about it is how nice the community is. 
5) I play NHL Legacy Edition when I'm not on VHL. 
6) I say Cow doesn't what good pizza is. Pineapple does not even have the right to be on a pizza because it ruins the flavor of the pizza. In the future Cow might not eat pizza that have pineapples on them.     

On 11/30/2020 at 4:24 AM, fromtheinside said:

Week 3 Press Conference

Answer All 6 for 2 TPE; 3 for 1 TPE

1)  Over the course of the last week Yukon has encountered some struggles. This time last week we were 5-2-3 and now we've fallen to 11-12-4. What would you say is the biggest factor in our recent slump and what do we need to do to turn things around?

2) If you could only choose one accolade, would you rather win the scoring title or win a Founder's Cup while only having moderate personal success?

3) Philly has pretty much been established as the league's top threat since the onset of the season, however after Sunday's sims the Mexico City Kings actually have passed the Reapers in the overall standings. Which team do you consider to be more lethal and who would you LEAST want to play come playoff time?

4) We've had a decent amount of new recruits join our team over the past couple weeks. How did you discover the VHL in the first place and what about it appeals to you most?

5) What other video games (if any) do you like to play in your free time when you aren't max capping your VHL player every week :D?

6) In three sentances or less, please explain why Cow is a degenerate for even implying pineapple should on a pizza. For the pineapple lovers out there, why do you choose such a poor lifestyle and what are you going to do in the future to better yourself?

1) Still early in the season. Getting proper line combos is a fine art and takes time. I feel once we get chemistry going the lines will be clicking up and down the lineup.
2) I mean, championships will always be more important. That and if you're a winner, you get paid more...
3) Well if I'm to win a championship I feel eventually id have to go through one of if not both of them. I wanna play the best every night to see where the Rush and myself stack up!
4)I play in an EHM league with a a few players from here. They talk about this league a lot, so I figured id give it a shot.
5)Uhhh too many to just narrow down tbh. I'll throw NHL 21 and LoL as 2 of my biggest atm. I was playing a lot of COD at one point, specifically warzone.
6) Anyone who believes pineapple belongs on pizza should be on the streets like the animals they are.

Hey guys new PC is here. 2 Capped for all 6 answers, 1 capped for at least 3 answers.

Week 4 Press Conference

1) The Rush had very disappointing week in the past 7. Management has indicated that it may be time to start looking ahead toward next season, rather than clinging on to a 7th or 8th seed and limping into the playoffs. How do you feel about the teams potential direction going into the last stages of the season?

2) If you had to compare General Manager MexicanCow123 to a Pokemon, what would it be and why?  

3) Vick Fairchild is the captain of the Yukon Rush, much like Captain America is a leader in the Avengers. Who is your favourite member of the Marvel Cinematic Universe and why?

4) With COVID still causing many issues worldwide, the fates of many sports leagues are still undecided going into 2021. What sports do you follow the most and what are your favourite teams? What NHL team would you compare the Yukon Rush to?

5) Would you rather fight 100 duck sized horses or 1 horse sized duck? Explain your answer.

6) Cyberpunk 2077 is releasing in under 72 hours!! Are you going to check out this game? If not are there any big video game or movie releases coming out soon that you are excited for? 

1) The Rush had very disappointing week in the past 7. Management has indicated that it may be time to start looking ahead toward next season, rather than clinging on to a 7th or 8th seed and limping into the playoffs. How do you feel about the teams potential direction going into the last stages of the season?

I think the management know what their doing and i think they will do what's best for the future of the team.

2) If you had to compare General Manager MexicanCow123 to a Pokemon, what would it be and why?  

Pikachu because he's as fast as lightning.

3) Vick Fairchild is the captain of the Yukon Rush, much like Captain America is a leader in the Avengers. Who is your favourite member of the Marvel Cinematic Universe and why?

Don't watch any marvel stuff have no idea who my options are even 😀

4) With COVID still causing many issues worldwide, the fates of many sports leagues are still undecided going into 2021. What sports do you follow the most and what are your favourite teams? What NHL team would you compare the Yukon Rush to?

I am a big Vancouver Canucks fan so i follow them everywhere 😉. I also watch a bit of Soccer, not into any specific teams. If Yukon would be an NHL team they would be the Ottawa Senators, because according to do Google they mine a good chunk of gold.

5) Would you rather fight 100 duck sized horses or 1 horse sized duck? Explain your answer.

1 horse sized Duck because i can focus on 1 thing don't need to worry about them surrounding me.

6) Cyberpunk 2077 is releasing in under 72 hours!! Are you going to check out this game? If not are there any big video game or movie releases coming out soon that you are excited for? 

Just see what Scotty has to say about it, looks alright but would only play it with Multiplayer and wouldn't want to spend the full $80.

23 minutes ago, fromtheinside said:

Hey guys new PC is here. 2 Capped for all 6 answers, 1 capped for at least 3 answers.

Week 4 Press Conference

I fully believe in whatever step management takes is the correct move, even as a player if that means not going to the post-season and instead seeing fellow teammates (or even myself) get moved for a rebuild. It's a bit scary not going to lie, but I have faith in MexicanCow and fromtheinside.

I'd say he gives off a Miltank vibe, both because of it being part cow but also because when you first see miltank you think, "Oh look, it's just a funny looking cow" and then soon after you're sorely mistaken as miltank is the most ruthless and intimidating Pokemon in all of Pokemon Gold/Silver/Hearthgold/Soulsilver.

I'd say my favourite character would be Starlord, mostly because I wasn't into the MCU all that much until the Guardians of the Galaxy came out in theaters and once I seen that, I got into the MCU a lot more.

Hockey is easily the sport I follow most, and honestly probably the only sport I truly follow as I know a bit about a few other major sports but I don't actually watch any of the games. Detroit Red Wings would be the team that I root for though when it comes to the NHL. I'd probably compare the Yukon Rush to the Carolina Hurricanes, as we have a solid defensive core with some good forward pieces, but the key thing is that we aren't living up to expectations.

Easily 100 duck sized horses. Have you seen a horse irl? Those things are a lot bigger than you think, and ducks don't mess around so you're in for a tussle. At least with the 100 duck sized horses you can just kick them away, since horses only real way of attacking is kicking and they can't climb all over you or anything. Worst case scenario you have some bruised ankles.

6) Cyberpunk 2077 is releasing in under 72 hours!! Are you going to check out this game? If not are there any big video game or movie releases coming out soon that you are excited for?

I am going to be gone for 2 months playing this game, I'm so pumped. This was the only game all year I've been waiting for and now it's finally happening!!!

1 hour ago, Juice said:

I am going to be gone for 2 months playing this game, I'm so pumped. This was the only game all year I've been waiting for and now it's finally happening!!!

lol yukons down a d man and an agm yikes

1 hour ago, Juice said:

Easily 100 duck sized horses. Have you seen a horse irl? Those things are a lot bigger than you think, and ducks don't mess around so you're in for a tussle. At least with the 100 duck sized horses you can just kick them away, since horses only real way of attacking is kicking and they can't climb all over you or anything. Worst case scenario you have some bruised ankles.

a man with logic, i love it

8 hours ago, fromtheinside said:

Week 4 Press Conference

1. I think the staff knows what to do and I believe in them that they can turn thing around.

2. Hmm, something like Ludicolo just because of the Mexican name.

3. I don't watch any of the Marvel series.

4. I mainly follow soccer because I come from the Netherlands and that is the most popular sport in the Netherlands. The team that I support is AFC Ajax Amsterdam. If I had to compare Yukon Rush to a NHL Team  I'd probably compare the Yukon Rush to the Vegas Golden Knights.

5. Then I will go for 1 horse sized duck. Because than I don't need to worry about 99 other  duck sized horses.

6. I think I will check some gameplay on YouTube. But maybe I'll pick this game up when it's  in a massive sale.

Management know what they are doing and they will do what's best for the team

I agree with @Juice I think Cow should be a Cow pokemon like Miltank!

I don't really watch too many movies to be honest, I don't really have a favourite

I follow hockey and basketball, My favourite hockey team is the canucks and my favourite basketball team would be the raptors, I'd say the rush are like the ducks, they are fighting for a playoff spot.

I'd fight 1 horse sized duck because I couldn't deal with 100 duck sized horses.

I don't have either of the new consoles so I don't think I will, the main video games I was excited for have dropped already and I've been playing those!

• It would be a shame to not hold out hope a bit longer and see if we can turn it around but I understand management needs to do what is best for the franchise. I would prefer the Rush win a cup in the near future over a first round exit this year.

• Cow is Mr. Mime. He is very expressive through emojis. Rumor is he is psychic as well. 

• I always liked Daredevil because he seemed the most unique when it came to backstory and civilian disguise.

• I follow all of the big sports in North America with a fair amount of european soccer thrown in. My favorite teams are the Baltimore Orioles, Washington Capitals, and Arsenal.  I think that the Rush are most similar to the Jets, both of which had disappointing seasons but were very talented.

• Ducks are complete assholes and 1 horse-sized duck would kill me. I think I could train the mini-horses into an elite fighting force. All I would need is a ton of carrots and sugar cubes.

• There isn't a big video game or movie release I am looking forward to. 

On 12/7/2020 at 12:59 AM, fromtheinside said:

Week 4 Press Conference

1) I feel like management know what they are doing so I trust that they will make the right choices for the team

2) I would say that Cow is like Mr. Mime because he expresses himself a lot by using emojis rather saying it  

3) My favorite member of the MCU is Spider-Man because people don't know his real identity 

4) The sports that I follow the is hockey and American football. My favorite teams are the Montreal Canadiens and the Kansas City Chiefs. I would say that the Rush are like the Edmonton Oilers because both are very talented but aren't producing results as they expected

5) I would rather fight 100 duck sized horses because they would be to fight than a horse sized duck

6) There isn't really anything coming out soon that I am excited for    

Unfortunately, I think the potential of us doing any good is very low this season, and we need to focus on our own player improvements, not team improvements, so we prepare for next season!

The Pokemon would be better because it would have powers to protect me from anything.

My favorite is Spider Man. He is my favorite because he can stick to anything and also cling, which means that if someone steals your bag he can just cling onto them.

4) With COVID still causing many issues worldwide, the fates of many sports leagues are still undecided going into 2021. What sports do you follow the most and what are your favorite teams? What NHL team would you compare the Yukon Rush to?
The sports I follow the most are hockey and baseball. My favorite teams are the Flames and the Blue Jays, I would compare Yukon to Toronto, who is having a good season one season and a bad one another.

I would rather fight 100 duck sized horses because they are smaller, and I would be able to handle 2 or 3 at a time!

I do not actually know what Cyberpunk is.

Week 5 Press Conference

1)  What is your favourite Christmas movie? If you aren't a movie person what is your favourite Christmas song/carol? If you hate Christmas altogether what is one of your favourite non-Christmas songs at the moment?

2) What is the goto meal for Christmas dinner? Alternatively what is your all time favourite meal on non holiday days?

3) Season 75 is slowly winding down. Did it turn out how you thought it would and what do you think Season 76 is going to be like for your player?

4) How have you felt about your player's own performance this season? Did they over or under achieve?

5) What would you say is your biggest fear? 

6) If you had a time machine to back in time to any time and/or place where and when would you go?

1)  What is your favourite Christmas movie? If you aren't a movie person what is your favourite Christmas song/carol? If you hate Christmas altogether what is one of your favourite non-Christmas songs at the moment?

• The Diehard series is my favorite of the Christmas movie series.

2) What is the goto meal for Christmas dinner? Alternatively what is your all time favourite meal on non holiday days?

• I didn't grow up going to Christmas dinners but I have been several hosted by my girlfriend's family and a few with college friends. My GF's family always makes a leg of lamb with is great and delicious. There will always be a soft spot for a trash ham somewhere deep in my drunken college heart.

3) Season 75 is slowly winding down. Did it turn out how you thought it would and what do you think Season 76 is going to be like for your player?

• I think the season was a bit disappointing but given the depth and strength of this past draft, everyone had high hopes and only so many teams can make the playoffs. I hope that Vick isn't embarassing in his first year in the VHL next season.

4) How have you felt about your player's own performance this season? Did they over or under achieve?

• I would rate Vick's performance as right on track for what I hoped this season. Solid amount of assists and points although the shot totals are bit high. Defensively I am very pleased with the hits and shot blocks paired with the manageable amount of PIMS. The plus/minus category is really disapointing. 

• Being burried alived sounds horrifying.

6) If you had a time machine to back in time to any time and/or place where and when would you go?

• I would like to back in time to the age of badass flying dinosaurs. I will find the most badass one and train it to fly with me on its back. 

I'd say my favourite Christmas song would be Jingle Bells!

The goto meal would have to be turkey!

I thought we would have been better however I'm going to be sad to leave yukon come season 76. But I am looking forward to being the backup over in chicago!

I feel like I under performed. I was hoping to have a .900 SV% this season and I was also hoping to lower my GAA to 2 but it went up to 3.4.

My biggest fear would have to be insects, I am very scared of insects

I'm not sure where I would go and which time period.

23 hours ago, fromtheinside said:

Week 5 Press Conference

1) Home alone 1 for sure gotta love that classic comedy with some extra cheese

2) Goto on xmas would be the bird 30 pounder for the fam and then non holiday would be homeade lasagna

3) I was not really in S75 as i just made my acct but I think S76 will turn out good as i am already learning lots

4) cant really awnser this i would say next season im gonna achive an okay ammount but not gonna be over confident

5) by far its heights just seeing the small world scare the living soul out of me

6) probs to 2018 when the world was good and my family was better

On 12/15/2020 at 2:35 AM, fromtheinside said:

Week 5 Press Conference

My favourite Christmas movie would have to be Elf, more so because that's the only that that comes to mind. I actually don't watch many Christmas movies, as usually around Christmas it's more blasting the classic Christmas music and drinking lots, and lots, and lots of alcohol :D

The goto meal for my family was always ham, turkey, mashed potatoes, and the usual western Christmas dinner foods, however now that I'm in Hungary the main one is a fish soup!

Honestly being brand new to VHL I was a bit nervous coming in for several things, from how to interact with others (as I'm not the most social guy) and how to properly build the defenseman I want to make (a point producing but defensively sound defender), but I feel like I gone about it quite well! I hope that I've proven my worth to a team that wants to take me in the upcoming draft, and I believe S76 will go pretty well with me going to be nearing that 250 TPE sooner than later :)

I would say in my eyes a bit of an under achieve, even though I've been on quite the tear as of late. Although in my eyes I've hit my point total that I wanted to hit (at least 40 points, hoping for 50) I am not as reliable defensively as I want to be (currently -4 with 50 PIM in 54 GP) so that is a knock on my player currently. I would say overall I'm doing above average, but I'm an over-achiever so I want to better.

Wide open water where you can't see more than 5 feet in front of you. That shit is way too spooky 💀

I would go to back to the time before I found out @MexicanCow123's age so I would still think that he was an old and wise intimidating man :kekw:

On 12/14/2020 at 8:35 PM, fromtheinside said:

Week 5 Press Conference

2) What is the go to meal for Christmas dinner? Alternatively what is your all time favourite meal on non holiday days?

1) My favourite Christmas movie is the first Home Alone movie

2) I would say that the go to Christmas dinner is probably a fondue or turkey

3) To be honest it could have been a bit better but I think that in Season 76, my player would have grown and be a bit better than this season

4) I would say that my player under achieved in my eyes because my goal was for my player to produce a least 10 points but I'm still happy that my player produced some points

5) I don't really have a big fear of something 

6) I would probably go back to 2015 when everything was perfect for me  

Week 5 Press Conference

1)  What is your favourite Christmas movie? If you aren't a movie person what is your favourite Christmas song/carol? If you hate Christmas altogether what is one of your favourite non-Christmas songs at the moment? Definitely Home Alone or christmas vacation.

2) What is the goto meal for Christmas dinner? Alternatively what is your all time favourite meal on non holiday days? Well, go to the family's house and eat turkey, than go home and cook up a digiorno pizza lmao!

3) Season 75 is slowly winding down. Did it turn out how you thought it would and what do you think Season 76 is going to be like for your player? yes, i am best player on team easily. 0 games played, 0 points, 0 minutes, the best statline there is.

4) How have you felt about your player's own performance this season? Did they over or under achieve? Hes done beautiful as the waterboy, if i do say so myself.

5) What would you say is your biggest fear? Not being the waterboy for Yukon!!

6) If you had a time machine to back in time to any time and/or place where and when would you go? Yesterday so i can retake my math quiz ;(

My favorite Christmas movie is the Christmas chronicles!

My favorite meal for Non holidays is Sushi, some California rolls, a crab, shrimp tempura and salmon.

Well, It actually turned out better than I thought it would. I have been getting many points, so it made me happy. I think season 76 is gonna be a competitive season and maybe the season I get to the Majors!

I feel good about his performance. He played way better than I thought he would, and for all noobies, in your second season if your max earning, you'll be racking up points in no time!

Climbing up the Hoodoos, even though I did it twice!

I would go forward at least a week to see if HypeX.gg has released yet!

Week 6 Team Yukon Press Conference

1) We have finally reached the end of the regular season and it has been an interesting ride for the Rush this season. We had high hopes going in and although we are a playoff team, we admittingly fell a bit short of our expectations. Nonetheless, It looks as though we will be matching up against Mexico City in the first round of the playoffs.. What would you say our chances are of upsetting the 1 seed and moving on to the second round?

2) Going into the playoffs there are multiple teams this season who look absolutely dangerous and primed for a cup run. If we end up getting knocked out, what team do you think might go all the way this season and why?

3) The offseason will soon be approaching everyone. What are your plans for the offseason? Both the WJC and the Victory ProAm tournaments take place in during the offseason before the next draft. Are you interested in participating in either of these tournaments?

4) If you could have any superpower, what would it be and why?

5) If you were hypothetically given the chance to know your entire future, but the cost was forgetting  your entire past, would you take that deal? Why or why not?

6) If you won the lottery, let's say 20 million dollars.... what would do in the first couple days and overall what would you do with your winnings?

19 hours ago, fromtheinside said:

1) We have finally reached the end of the regular season and it has been an interesting ride for the Rush this season. We had high hopes going in and although we are a playoff team, we admittingly fell a bit short of our expectations. Nonetheless, It looks as though we will be matching up against Mexico City in the first round of the playoffs.. What would you say our chances are of upsetting the 1 seed and moving on to the second round?

Well I would say we have a decent chance because RNG and they will get cocky and we wont and then they will go home and cry and accuse us of cheating.

2) Going into the playoffs there are multiple teams this season who look absolutely dangerous and primed for a cup run. If we end up getting knocked out, what team do you think might go all the way this season and why?

Mexico. If we get knocked out by them I can see them going all the way as they are the #1 Seed.

3) The offseason will soon be approaching everyone. What are your plans for the offseason? Both the WJC and the Victory ProAm tournaments take place in during the offseason before the next draft. Are you interested in participating in either of these tournaments?

Il for sure be in the ProAm and see about WJC, Great time to grow my player for next season.

Flying. I could fly out of this covid infected word and settle on mars.

5) If you were hypothetically given the chance to know your entire future, but the cost was forgetting  your entire past, would you take that deal? Why or why not?

Nope. To many good memories in the past and I could forget who I am and I would have no friends. Well that's not a change lol.

6) If you won the lottery, let's say 20 million dollars.... what would do in the first couple days and overall what would you do with your winnings?

Probs build a new gaming pc to have a backup to start streaming and possibly start YouTube. And then I would buy a car more than likely as I just got my license.

• Admittedly the season was a disappointment but all you need is a ticket to the dance in order to win. Mexico City is scary with their 7 nearly maxed players. We took 3 of 8 during the regular season matchup and only lost by 1 goal in 3 other games against the Kings. If we can have the rest of our team push for TPE during the playoffs, I think that we can topple the giants and make a solid run.

• It would easily be San Diego. I had a great time there last season and they have some of the best community members playing there.

• I would be lying if I said I wasn't tracking Vick's TPE against the rest of the USA prospects. I really hope the I get selected to play as I am right on the cusp. I will participate in the Victory ProAm unless its untimely demise at the hands of Z and Cow.

• I think I would go with immortality that I can turn off eventually. I am going to have to get deep here. It's has a huge downside of having everyone you ever know die but the majority of my anxiety comes from existential dread and immortality would solve that. 

5) If you were hypothetically given the chance to know your entire future, but the cost was forgetting your entire past, would you take that deal? Why or why not?

• No chance. Have the future predefined would lose its luster.

• The first thing I would do is take a trip to some amazing destination. When I return, I would plan on how to make the finances work for me so that I wouldn't have to work again, keep my family and future children living great, and donate whatever else remains. Hopefully, the investments would allow for continual donations. 

On 12/20/2020 at 8:12 PM, fromtheinside said:

Honestly as of late, our defense I would say has been solid with some good goaltending the last few sims, so that means our offense is the only thing that needs to be picked up. I say we have slim chances, but I'll just put it out there that Columbus had good defense and good goaltending "only going for them" against Tampa in 2019 👀

My money was on Philly all year...but Mexico City is looking still scary as ever and has not slowed down. I would put my money on them...and then us if we beat them 😎

Oh I'm doing everything and anything possible, even if it's just for show and fun. I wanna get more used to everyone and how everything is setup, and the sooner the better! It would be nice to get tips on the WJC more though as I'm not quite clear on it yet 😄

The ability to cook the perfect pizza pop...as I always seem to get them to be blistering hot or too cold :(

I feel like this might be a bit of a controversial answer, but I believe who you are now comes from your past and your experiences truly shaped your personality, thus I don't think I'd take it up.

1. Buy a plane ticket to Ontario

2. Have Scotty cook me a steak

3. STONKS

4. Probably just be boring and invest it in the bank and let it rack up over time.

Week 7 Press Conference 

1) Coming off the heels of a 4-0 sweep at the hands of the Reapers, do you have any thoughts on the series? How do you you reflect on this season as a whole?

2) (For Rookies) The drafts are coming up, how have you felt your pre-draft interviews have gone so far? Do you have specific teams you hope to end up on? (For drafted players) Do you think you are ready to make the leap to the VHL next season or do you want to run it back one more year in Yukon?

3) New Year's Eve is 3 days away. Do you normally have plans for NYE? What do you normally like to do?  Since this year is messed up, Im sure there won't be many large gatherings for NYE.  Do you plan to celebrate a bit differently this year or do you think the whole thing is overrated to begin with?

4) 2020 will probably go down as one of the worst years in recent memory. Can you think of one good memory from this past year and share it?

5) Looking ahead to 2021, do you think next year will be better? Why or why not? 

6) Do you have any New Year's resolutions or just any goals or plans for 2021 that you would like to do?