Yukon Rush Press Conference!

Oatex

On 3/22/2021 at 8:27 AM, Juice said:

WiaitDx.png

:yuk:Yukon Rush Press Conference :yuk:

(for week ending in 3/28)

1. The season is starting today! What are your expectations for your player going into the season?

2. The Rush is in a dire spot with not a lot of defense to work with, as our only member who hasn't been promoted to the VHL, lost to inactivity, or went to free agency is a recently selected rookie in @JB123. How do you think we'll fair this season?

3. What is more important to you, team success or winning an individual award?

4. Is there anything management can do to help make your time with the Rush or in the VHL overall better?

5. What's the last movie you watched, and what would you rate it out of 10?

6. You have $20 to order in food for delivery, what is your go-to?

1. I expect to step in and be a force on the blue line to help this club win some games. 
2. I think we will fair very well this year. With a new addition to the point with JB, we can be a shutdown pair while our boys up front can put the puck in the net. 
3. As I always say. A family picnic is a lot better than eating alone. Team success is what drives me. 
4. They’re doing a fantastic job already. I’ve been in here for less than 24 hours and they’ve taken so much time to help me out already🙏 Amazing group here. 
5. Catch Me If You Can.. best movie I’ve ever seen and I’m a movie buff. 100000/10

6. As many Junior Chickens & McDoubles I can get.  

On 3/22/2021 at 1:27 PM, Juice said:

WiaitDx.png

(for week ending in 3/28)

1. The season is starting today! What are your expectations for your player going into the season?

My expectations are really high for my player as ive been working hard on clicking buttons

2. The Rush is in a dire spot with not a lot of defense to work with, as our only member who hasn't been promoted to the VHL, lost to inactivity, or went to free agency is a recently selected rookie in @JB123. How do you think we'll fair this season?

we'll fair okay this season

3. What is more important to you, team success or winning an individual award?

Team success

4. Is there anything management can do to help make your time with the Rush or in the VHL overall better?

No, i'm fine with everything the way it is

5. What's the last movie you watched, and what would you rate it out of 10?

I think i watched The Ghost Writer last, 7/10

6. You have $20 to order in food for delivery, what is your go-to?

italian food

WiaitDx.png

:yuk:Yukon Rush Press Conference :yuk:

(for week ending in 4/3)

1) The Rush recently traded away league leader in scoring Gaspar Zakrevsky. They traded him for a forward, a defenseman and a 3rd round draft pick. How did you feel about this trade being made?

2) Yukon currently sits at 6-10-0 about a quarter of the way through the season.  Do you think we have a chance to squeak into the playoffs this season, why or why not?

3) What goals do you have for your player this season. Do you have a certain number of goals/assists/points you're hoping to reach. Also TPE are you hoping to hit by the end of the season?

4) [For VHL Drafted Players] What team are you drafted to in the VHL and have you been keeping up with how they've been doing so far? Are you excited to play for them potentially next season? [For Non-Drafted Players] Are you excited about being taken in the VHL Draft this upcoming offseason? What team or teams are you hoping to be taken by?

5) How have you enjoyed your time so far on the Yukon Rush? Is there anything the management can do to make your experience more enjoyable here?

6) The NHL season is over the halfway point. Do you have a favourite team or player? If so how are they doing this season? If not, do you follow any other teams or sports that are non-hockey related?

36 minutes ago, fromtheinside said:

WiaitDx.png

(for week ending in 4/3)

1) The Rush recently traded away league leader in scoring Gaspar Zakrevsky. They traded him for a forward, a defenseman and a 3rd round draft pick. How did you feel about this trade being made?

2) Yukon currently sits at 6-10-0 about a quarter of the way through the season.  Do you think we have a chance to squeak into the playoffs this season, why or why not?

3) What goals do you have for your player this season. Do you have a certain number of goals/assists/points you're hoping to reach. Also TPE are you hoping to hit by the end of the season?

4) [For VHL Drafted Players] What team are you drafted to in the VHL and have you been keeping up with how they've been doing so far? Are you excited to play for them potentially next season? [For Non-Drafted Players] Are you excited about being taken in the VHL Draft this upcoming offseason? What team or teams are you hoping to be taken by?

5) How have you enjoyed your time so far on the Yukon Rush? Is there anything the management can do to make your experience more enjoyable here?

6) The NHL season is over the halfway point. Do you have a favourite team or player? If so how are they doing this season? If not, do you follow any other teams or sports that are non-hockey related?

1) Obviously he was a huge part of our team, a great leader, and it's tough to see him go. That said, I understand the move from a management perspective and it's a business. 

2) I definitely think we're almost there. Especially following the war declarations. We just need to keep working at it, and once playoffs roll around, anything can happen.

3) Just to keep developing. I want to get my TPE up significantly in the coming weeks. I also want to pile up the assists too. 

4) The draft seems far off, but in reality not so much. I honestly am not thinking about that right now, I'm more focused on developing my player and helping the Rush win. It'll be an exciting process for sure, but it doesn't really matter to me who I get drafted by. Hopefully a team with a solid community and roster. 

5) It's been great, management has been very helpful. I think winning solves everything, so once we get going, you never know what can happen.

6) The Bruins. They started off strong but have been inconsistent as of late. The refs blew the last game pretty bad, taking away two goals in the final minute en route to a 1-0 loss. I just wish we would make moves to bolster the roster.

16 hours ago, fromtheinside said:

WiaitDx.png

(for week ending in 4/3)

1 -- It was a solid trade for both sides and one that will give us some much needed depth on the blue line this season and next season as well as another forward for us.  We have a tough road ahead of us to make the playoffs, so this was a good deal for us to move a great player for some assets that will help us in the long run.

2 -- I think we definately have a chance for sure -- we have been playing better as of late and now with some blueline help, that should keep our shots and goals against down a little bit and give us a chance to climb back up the standings

3 -- i am hoping to have a 20 goal, 30 assists, 50 point season 

4 -- i am in different about it, havent really looked at any team or anything like that since i will be spending at least another season or two in the VHLM

5 -- oh yeah absolutely its been great, management has been awesome and everyone in the LR gets along good, wouldnt change a thing at all

6 -- Even with all of our injuries and stuff, Pittsburgh has done well so far, but at some point, losing your top players for any significant period of time will eventually catch up to you 

On 3/29/2021 at 4:42 PM, fromtheinside said:

WiaitDx.png

(for week ending in 4/3)

I feel Good about it as it allows us to build for the future and hopefully find success1

I think we have a chance, as long as we can get back to .500 its anyones game.

If i can get my first goal that would be pretty cool, but all I care about at this point is helping the team win.

I am looking forward to the draft, I am currently indifferent to which team I get picked by. Although I would like to stay in Canada.

I have enjoyed my experience thus far, management has done an amazing job of showing me the ropes!

I am a Buffalo fan, so this season has not got well in any way, at least we will get a top 3 pick.

On 3/29/2021 at 4:42 PM, fromtheinside said:

WiaitDx.png

(for week ending in 4/3)

1. It’s a tough move moving away a pure scorer like that, but to get the pieces we did is huge for the future of this club.

2. I believe we have a chance to do so. Our management is tops in the league and I believe in them and this team. 
3. I would like to have 6/20/26. I would like to get my defence rating to an 80. 
4. I am excited for the draft. I hope I can return to the Rush.

5. I still been nothing short of remarkable so far. 
6. my favourite team is the Hawks and my favourite player has always been Kaner. He’s an MVP candidate as per the usual lol.

On 3/29/2021 at 3:42 PM, fromtheinside said:

WiaitDx.png

(for week ending in 4/3)

I feel we need more depth players so not a bad move from the front office to get a deal done.

I feel like we can with the core of players that we have and the staff to push us there

My goals are to learn the game and to have at least 75 TPE.

YES! I really don’t have a team that I want to take me I will be a reliable asset to any team willing to take a chance.

Yes it has been welcoming and they do an awesome job and I have no critique.

6) The NHL season is over the halfway point. Do you have a favourite team or player? If so how are they doing this season? If not, do you follow any other teams or sports that are non-hockey related? My favorite team is the blues. They have not been doing as well as expected by I think they can turn it around.

WiaitDx.png

(for week ending in 4/11)

1. We're currently sitting at 5th in the Western Conference, slowly trailing San Diego (with their awful manager @thadthrasher at the helm) for 4th and a playoff spot. It seems out main problem is keeping the puck out of the net compared to putting them in the net. Would you prefer to keep the offensive approach, or try to switch to a more defense orientated tactics?

2. We've recently declared war on the San Diego Marlins for their sinister acts of...existing. We are currently at 0 to 1 in our season series against them out of 7. How are you contributing to the war effort and what words do you have for the Mar-lames?

3. More Assistant GM jobs are slowly starting to open up, do you see yourself wanting to be an AGM (or even a GM) in the VHL?

4. How was your Easter Weekend (if you celebrated it)?

5. What is your favourite dessert?

6. Do you have a go-to song for your player when he snipes a goal? If so, feel free to share!

3 minutes ago, Juice said:

WiaitDx.png

1. We're currently sitting at 5th in the Western Conference, slowly trailing San Diego (with their awful manager @thadthrasher at the helm) for 4th and a playoff spot. It seems out main problem is keeping the puck out of the net compared to putting them in the net. Would you prefer to keep the offensive approach, or try to switch to a more defense orientated tactics?

I think we gotta keep a good balance, our scoring is good for now, but eventually well have to start focusing on defense more. haha

2. We've recently declared war on the San Diego Marlins for their sinister acts of...existing. We are currently at 0 to 1 in our season series against them out of 7. How are you contributing to the war effort and what words do you have for the Mar-lames?

I love prisonMike, he's my boss so i will crush him gently @thadthrasher

3. More Assistant GM jobs are slowly starting to open up, do you see yourself wanting to be an AGM (or even a GM) in the VHL?

I dont think im fit for the job

It was lovely, had a wonderful bunnyweekend

french beans

6. Do you have a go-to song for your player when he snipes a goal? If so, feel free to share!

jojo soundtrack

14 minutes ago, Juice said:

WiaitDx.png

1. We're currently sitting at 5th in the Western Conference, slowly trailing San Diego (with their awful manager @thadthrasher at the helm) for 4th and a playoff spot. It seems out main problem is keeping the puck out of the net compared to putting them in the net. Would you prefer to keep the offensive approach, or try to switch to a more defense orientated tactics? I think you should keep doing what you're doing, falling in the standings.

2. We've recently declared war on the San Diego Marlins for their sinister acts of...existing. We are currently at 0 to 1 in our season series against them out of 7. How are you contributing to the war effort and what words do you have for the Mar-lames? Wow... Mar-lames? What's lame is that attempt at an insult.

3. More Assistant GM jobs are slowly starting to open up, do you see yourself wanting to be an AGM (or even a GM) in the VHL? Of course I do. I'd love to become a GM in the VHL, but I also love being a GM in the VHLM! I have great co-GM's here (except for that @Juice guy).

4. How was your Easter Weekend (if you celebrated it)? It was very busy! I had a few church services to do, hung with the wife, and even had Easter dinner with some friends. It was a good and busy weekend.

5. What is your favourite dessert? Pineapple upside down cake!

6. Do you have a go-to song for your player when he snipes a goal? If so, feel free to share! My player never snipes a goal, I'm a goalie. So, when he gets an assist, or when he gets that miraculous goal one day, he's going to have "We are the Champions" play.

12 minutes ago, Juice said:

WiaitDx.png

I think a more defensive strategy could be beneficial at least in the short term, as scoring is not an issue for the team.

I haven't played a game against San Diego, so we'll have to see how that goes.

I could see myself stepping into the role once I'm a few more seasons in.

Good, got to see my family over zoom and introduce them to my puppy.

ice cream

Brass Bonanza.. because why not?

23 minutes ago, Juice said:

WiaitDx.png

Probably more defensive as our offense isn’t really a problem at the moment we just need more d-men to support the back end.

We need to beat them and get out of our way because the playoffs are ours.

Not really yet because I’m still new as and getting the hang of things and I need to be a great player before I become an AGM.

Good I got to see people I haven’t seen it a bit because of the virus going around.

Probably ice cream or cherry pie.

Not really no.

48 minutes ago, Juice said:

WiaitDx.png

1. I think we should go more defensive and see what the result is. We're almost there. I think the forwards will continue to produce no matter what. If we can work on our defensive game we might have something. 

2. If I can be better on both sides of the puck, that would definitely help our cause. The past week we've been up and down between 4 and 5, in and out of a playoff spot. San Diego better watch out, 'cause we're gonna rush by them! 😏

3. I definitely hope to be an assistant general manager. From there I want to learn a lot before working my way up the ladder. My ultimate goal is to GM a VHL franchise. 

4. My Easter weekend was great. Lots of good times. 

5. Favorite dessert...probably apple pie (with ice cream of course). Very good treat on holidays. 

6. This. The best goal song in history. 

18 hours ago, Juice said:

WiaitDx.png

1 -- there is definately no harm in trying a little more defensive approach -- we should be able to score goals either way, but definately helping to protect the goalie and maybe giving up less shots per game should help bring down the goals against

2 -- right now my focus is doing whatever i can to get us into the playoffs and if that means going out and playing extra hard against a team like that, thens thats what i will do to ensure we get the win and they get no points

3 -- no interest, too old for that stuff anymore

4 -- very nice, good food, good weather and lots of hockey on the driveway

5 -- Tiramisu

6 -- Thunderstruck by AC/DC

On 5/4/2021 at 19:25, Juice said:

WiaitDx.png

:che schiffo:Conferenza stampa di Yukon Rush :che schiffo:

(per la settimana che termina il 4/11)

1. Attualmente siamo al quinto posto della Western Conference, dietro di San Diego (con il loro terribile manager @thadthrasheral timone) per il 4 ° posto e un posto di playoff. Sembra che il problema principale sia tenere il disco fuori dalla rete rispetto a metterlo in rete. Preferiresti mantenere l'approccio offensivo o provare a passare a una tattica più orientata alla difesa?

2. Abbiamo recentemente dichiarato guerra ai San Diego Marlins per i loro sinistri atti di ... esistere. Al momento siamo 0 a 1 nella nostra serie stagionale contro di loro su 7. Come stai contribuendo allo sforzo bellico e quali parole hai per i Mar-lames?

3. Altri lavori di Assistente GM stanno lentamente iniziando ad aprirsi, vedi di voler essere un AGM (o anche un GM) nel VHL?

4. Com'è stato il tuo weekend di Pasqua (se lo hai celebrato)?

5. Qual è il tuo dolce preferito?

6. Hai una canzone preferita per il tuo giocatore quando taglia un gol? Se è così, sentiti libero di condividere!

1-the second one

2-I don't know, I'm new

3-yes

4-it was nice

5-sacher cake

6-no, I don't.

WiaitDx.png

(for week ending in 4/18)

1. The team is finally starting to fully fill up, as we now have several more defenseman, 3 full forward lines, and 2 goalies. However, we are getting closer to the end of the season. Do you think we still have it in the tank to make a final playoff push?

2. The draft is slowly approaching us. (For the undrafted players) Are you excited for the draft? Have any teams approached you with interviews as of yet? (For the drafted players) How prepped are you to eventually make it to the VHL?

3. The seasonal theme week has come out! Do you have any plans on participating for that sweet, sweet extra TPE?

4. What is your go-to ice cream flavour?

5. What is your hometown most known for?

6. The NHL Trade Deadline just passed the other day, did your favourite team make any trades before it ended? And if so, how did you feel they made out?

11 minutes ago, Juice said:

WiaitDx.png

1. The team is finally starting to fully fill up, as we now have several more defenseman, 3 full forward lines, and 2 goalies. However, we are getting closer to the end of the season. Do you think we still have it in the tank to make a final playoff push?

2. The draft is slowly approaching us. (For the undrafted players) Are you excited for the draft? Have any teams approached you with interviews as of yet? (For the drafted players) How prepped are you to eventually make it to the VHL?

3. The seasonal theme week has come out! Do you have any plans on participating for that sweet, sweet extra TPE?

6. The NHL Trade Deadline just passed the other day, did your favourite team make any trades before it ended? And if so, how did you feel they made out?

1. I would like to think we do. San Diego has started to pull away in the standings. If we can get our scoring touch back though, and get on a streak, you never know.

2. Yup, excited. It will be here before I know it. One team, yesterday. 

3. Definitely want to participate. Still thinking of the topic. I'm newer so I don't have much experience with big trades, etc. but I will give it a shot!

4. Mint chocolate chip. For sure. Very good.

5. Nothing really in particular. Supportive of sports teams.

6. Very happy with their moves. Legit winger that rounds out the top six in Taylor Hall and a depth C in Lazar. Also got a solid two-way D in Reilly. 

34 minutes ago, Juice said:

WiaitDx.png

I think we do still have a chance at playoffs as we have 5 games left against San Diego, if we can win those playoffs would be possible. Also, If our scoring touch comes back playoffs are certainly not out of the question.

I am really excited about the draft, both the VHL and VHLM. I have had a couple of VHL teams reach out, and I look forward to more interviews down the road.

Already Done! (https://vhlforum.com/topic/101983-if-yukon-beat-san-diego-in-their-last-game-alternate-reality-theme/)

Ben and Jerry's Half Baked

Niagara Falls

Well they traded away taylor hall for a fraction of what he was traded for a year ago... It's a painful time (decade) to be a sabres fan

13 hours ago, Juice said:

WiaitDx.png

1 -- we have gotten ourselves in a little bit of a pickle now that we are 10 points behind SD for that final playoff spot -- its going to be a tough climb, but i think we have the tools in place to make up the ground and challenge for that spot

2 -- i have heard from a few teams already and it will be cool to get to the VHL eventually, but i am excited to play in the VHLM for a couple more seasons 

3 -- yes i definitely will, its a pretty cool idea and something fun to write about

4 -- oreo for sure

5 -- Joe Namath

6 -- we got Jeff Carter which isnt that bad of a pickup and gives us some depth down the middle with Malkin out potentially long term and Tanev basically out till at least the playoffs

On 4/13/2021 at 5:34 PM, Juice said:

WiaitDx.png

With more players and more lines to keep players nice and fresh we can make the playoffs if we put in the work and try our hardest and play our hearts out we can get these wins and make the postseason.

I have not been drafted as I’m quite new and I am quite pumped to see how it plays out as I haven’t got any interviews yet I kinda don’t expect that to change but I have high hopes that I can produce at both ends and play a better game.

I might try but I really don’t know what I would do as I’m still new and getting the hang of things but I might try.

Probably mint chocolate chip

The closest thing of reference we have is the Gateway Arch.

Absolutely not and I feel as the probably should of but I don’t know what is going through their heads.

Edited by bRaidsz

On 4/14/2021 at 12:34 AM, Juice said:

WiaitDx.png

1-Yes, we can do it. JUST DO IT

2-I'm still waiting for some interviews

3-No, I don't like writing

4-Chocolate

5-For the castle.

6-yes, they did it.

I think we could have a playoff push yes.

Yes I'm very Excited for the draft. and no one approached me yet.

I can't Im too new.

Cookie and cream

their Festival theater is know in a lot of places

Yes the bruins bought in hall and I love him. he is one of my favs in the league. He got his first goal tonight and It was amzing,

On 4/15/2021 at 8:28 PM, BostonBruinsFan1806 said:

I can't Im too new.

Shoot, I wish I would have noticed this earlier! As a S78 player, I'm pretty sure you would have been able to do a PT for Theme Week.

Unless you mean that as a new member you're unsure what you could have done the PT on. Admittedly that can be difficult.

Edited by JardyB10

On 4/13/2021 at 7:34 PM, Juice said:

WiaitDx.png

1. Anything possible I have faith in you guys
2. Well I'll speak for my recreate I'm making later today, I'm super pumped can't wait to see where I get drafted i'm hoping to go 1st in at least one of the drafts but i'd be happy going top 10.
3. Yessir free uncapped tpe is the best tpe I don't see how anyone could not want that.

4. French Vanilla but when I'm buying ice cream I always get two flavours so I'm not just having French Vanilla 100% of the time.
5. Either the Calgary Stampede or the Calgary Flames, both are fun to go to and watch.

6. Detroit made a massive steal vs the caps. I'm sad to see Mantha go but we got such a good return that I'm not that upset about it.