Yukon Rush Press Conference!

Oatex

7 minutes ago, fromtheinside said:

Week 7 Press Conference 

1) Coming off the heels of a 4-0 sweep at the hands of the Reapers, do you have any thoughts on the series? How do you you reflect on this season as a whole?

The series went about what I expected, where we put up a fight in a few games but ultimately they just have too much fire power for us to really be competitive. Overall this season I'm extremely proud we even made the playoffs, but exiting early with a sweep hurts.

2) (For Rookies) The drafts are coming up, how have you felt your pre-draft interviews have gone so far? Do you have specific teams you hope to end up on? (For drafted players) Do you think you are ready to make the leap to the VHL next season or do you want to run it back one more year in Yukon?

I've only had a few thus far, but I think they've gone so far so good. I've had one team really interested in me for the VHL draft so I'm intrigued to see how that goes.

3) New Year's Eve is 3 days away. Do you normally have plans for NYE? What do you normally like to do?  Since this year is messed up, Im sure there won't be many large gatherings for NYE.  Do you plan to celebrate a bit differently this year or do you think the whole thing is overrated to begin with?

Drink. Drink a lot. Usually with friends at a house party or even at a bar, but I think this year it'll just be at home with myself, my dog, and my girlfriend to enjoy the alcoholic festivities.

4) 2020 will probably go down as one of the worst years in recent memory. Can you think of one good memory from this past year and share it?

Meeting Scotty 😍

5) Looking ahead to 2021, do you think next year will be better? Why or why not? 

I honestly don't think any year could go worse than this one, at least we have a vaccine in sight to look forward to compared to endless quarantines. Unless like, nuclear war happens, but who knows.

6) Do you have any New Year's resolutions or just any goals or plans for 2021 that you would like to do?

Get a new computer, find a hobby or passion I'm truly satisfied and happy with, and overall just be more content with life would be the first ones to come to mind, but I usually don't have New Year's resolutions.

On 12/28/2020 at 3:37 PM, fromtheinside said:

Week 7 Press Conference 

1) Coming off the heels of a 4-0 sweep at the hands of the Reapers, do you have any thoughts on the series? How do you you reflect on this season as a whole?

2) (For Rookies) The drafts are coming up, how have you felt your pre-draft interviews have gone so far? Do you have specific teams you hope to end up on? (For drafted players) Do you think you are ready to make the leap to the VHL next season or do you want to run it back one more year in Yukon?

3) New Year's Eve is 3 days away. Do you normally have plans for NYE? What do you normally like to do?  Since this year is messed up, Im sure there won't be many large gatherings for NYE.  Do you plan to celebrate a bit differently this year or do you think the whole thing is overrated to begin with?

4) 2020 will probably go down as one of the worst years in recent memory. Can you think of one good memory from this past year and share it?

5) Looking ahead to 2021, do you think next year will be better? Why or why not? 

6) Do you have any New Year's resolutions or just any goals or plans for 2021 that you would like to do?

1) Hmmm obviously  everyone wants to win and make it through, but there always had to be a loser. Unfortunately we weren't built to take on the Reapers and I wish them nothing but the best moving forward.

2) I guess im not a hot commodity as I haven't had any draft interviews, but thats ok. Id like to play with @Juiceagain as I think he fits my playstyle and we could grow as a dpair together.

3) Usually like to hang out with friends and just go over the year together. This year will be much different and I'll probably just be spending it with the people in my house.

4) Hmmmmm, I think meeting my girlfriend was the best memory I had this year. She's pretty great and I'm really excited for our future together!

5) Shit I hope so haha. A step towards more normal would be fantastic. I miss being able to play Rec sports, go to the gym and see my friends whenever I wanted.

6) Just to continue doing what I'm doing. I'm starting a charity in 2021 and I'm gonna try and build that up the best I can!

28 minutes ago, RicoTheTrapGod said:

4) Hmmmmm, I think meeting my girlfriend was the best memory I had this year. She's pretty great and I'm really excited for our future together!

Not going to pick meeting me over meeting your girlfriend? 😠

• I didn't think we played that poorly. It was a super difficult matchup and we played them tight with their class showing up in small spurts. It was a disapointing season from a end-results perspective but I think we all learned a lot and grew.

• I wish I could stay in Yukon for another year as the Titans don't seem to need any help. Seeing as I can't stay in the M, I am excited to use my banked TPE and develop into a role player in the VHL. 

• We usually host a relatively large NYE party every year so this year will feel a different for sure. My girlfriend and I are actually looking to buy a house in the next few months so I am looking forward to having more space for that party whenever we can have parties again. This year will be quiet and tame.

• Joining the VHL and getting a cat are my 2 favorite memories of this year. It has been a really rough year for most people and it has helped realize just how fortunate I am and makes me want to do more to help out others. By the way, my cat's name is Scottie which I find hilarious now.

• It has to be a better year! It cannot be worse, thats just a mathematical fact.

• My resolution for this upcoming year is to wake up when my alarm first goes off. I am a classic snooze hog and I really would like to stop.

I think at times the series was tight, but overall Philly is just a better team. They were built to win this season and so they have been dominating. I think the season as a whole went kinda what we expected. 

Question doesn't apply to me as I'm a VHLer. But if I had a choice to stay down with Yukon I definitely would 😉

3) New Year's Eve is 3 days away. Do you normally have plans for NYE? What do you normally like to do? Since this year is messed up, Im sure there won't be many large gatherings for NYE. Do you plan to celebrate a bit differently this year or do you think the whole thing is overrated to begin with?

For Christmas my entire family usually gets together. 11 of us in total. We ended up doing just the immediate familys this year. Nothing else was really different.

Well about a year ago today I would be settling in as Yukon's GM. December 31st 2019 was when I was hired. Super thankful I got the chance to run this team.

I don't know man. At this point eveyone just keeps randomly guessing there is no reason to this.

6) Do you have any New Year's resolutions or just any goals or plans for 2021 that you would like to do?

Nope I don't like new years resolutions, they are kinda dumb in my opinion. Why is it at New years? Your not like a completely new person. Nothing has changed. Why can't I set a goal in the middle of September.

Yukon Rush Press Conference Jan 4-Jan 10

1) Now that you are officially in offseason mode, how are you enjoying it? What is your player doing with their time in the offseason?

2) The IIHF U20 World Juniors have been going on since Boxing Day and tomorrow is the Gold Medal Game featuring Canada vs USA which will surely be an exciting matchup. Have you been watching any of the games in the World Jr/ do you ever watch the tournament?

3) The NHL season gets underway in about a week. Explain how you feel about your favourite team going into this season and how you think they will do. If you aren't a huge hockey fan talk about a team you like in another sport instead.

4) I like watching the big game with a bag of potato chips. What is your favourite flavour of chips or if you don't like chips what do you like to snack on while watching a big game?

5) The VHLM finals start shortly. It will be Philadelphia vs Mexico City. What's your prediction?

6) The playoffs and offseason probably have about two and a half weeks left still. What is your target TPE you are hoping to be at for puck drop in S76 and how do you plan to get there?

10 hours ago, fromtheinside said:

1) Now that you are officially in offseason mode, how are you enjoying it? What is your player doing with their time in the offseason?

As a waiver pickup player that is now released ( 😠 ) as of right now it's gotten extremely quiet. Thankfully we had all of the Christmas activities going on that took up a good part of the time, but as of right now it's the dreadful wait for the draft that is causing some anxiety :P My player would probably still be drinking whiskey and trying to not look at any brooms.

2) The IIHF U20 World Juniors have been going on since Boxing Day and tomorrow is the Gold Medal Game featuring Canada vs USA which will surely be an exciting matchup. Have you been watching any of the games in the World Jr/ do you ever watch the tournament?

I've been keeping up a bit since Cozens is from my hometown, but I haven't been able to actually catch a full game due to timezone differences...however this upcoming one is a must watch so I'll probably try to tune in 👀

3) The NHL season gets underway in about a week. Explain how you feel about your favourite team going into this season and how you think they will do. If you aren't a huge hockey fan talk about a team you like in another sport instead.

I'm a Detroit Fan. I'll say one word for how they'll do: Pain.

4) I like watching the big game with a bag of potato chips. What is your favourite flavour of chips or if you don't like chips what do you like to snack on while watching a big game?

All Dressed chips will always be my go to. Chips aren't too big here unfortunately compared to back home, but paprika chips are common and really good here.

5) The VHLM finals start shortly. It will be Philadelphia vs Mexico City. What's your prediction?

Welp, who would have thought these two teams would be in the finals :kekw: I'd put my money on Philly since then at least we can say we lost to the champs :(

6) The playoffs and offseason probably have about two and a half weeks left still. What is your target TPE you are hoping to be at for puck drop in S76 and how do you plan to get there?

Oof, that's a hard one to predict for me as I'm quite unsure. At my pace I'm hoping to get closer to 275+ TPE with 250 used at max depending on how it works out at the draft and where the management teams want me to play next year. I'll continue on my 12+ TPE minimum a week pace until my dying breathe 😎

Edited by Juice

17 hours ago, fromtheinside said:

1) Its been calm, no real meetings with any teams so I'm just focusing on improving as a player.

2) I've watched most and there's definitely been some great games. Would have love to see Finland in the finals but the States is just too good. I'm usually 100% Canada will always win, but this game is gonna be difficult.

3) Definitely think Colorado is gonna come out and dominate. Another year under their belts and they only get better with age. Hoping Byram makes the team and we can really be a powerhouse.

4) I don't really snack during games tbh, just a bottle of water is usually what I'm having. Though I'll say Regular chips are goated with Sour Cream right behind them. Anyone who says otherwise is wrong.

5) I'm gonna go with Philly, but with the Rush out I don't really care who wins.

6) Hmmmm no target, just trying to earn as much as I possible can!

I'm enjoying the off season for sure, I've flown back down to vancouver and next year I'll me in chicago so I'm getting prepared for that!

I don't watch the tournament really, but I'm hoping canada will win!

I'm feeling good about the canucks, I hope they can win this year but I guess we will see!

I like a few different flavours, sour cream and onion and all dressed would probably my favourite two!

I think mexico city can take the title!

I'm hoping for 350 TPE once I start in the VHL!

• 2 weeks later...

Yukon Press Conference S76- Week 1

1) [To Returning Players] Yukon just finished their draft for S76.  What do you think about the newest Rush additions? [To Draftees] Congrats on being drafted by the Rush! How are you feeling about playing here and were you happy at where you got drafted?

2) What are your goals for your player in S76?

3) Do you think Yukon can be a playoff team this season, why or why not?

4) What team in the VHLM do you think is the biggest threat this season to win the Founder’s Cup?

5) The NHL started back up this week. Do you have a favourite team and if so, how do you feel about how your team has started so far? If you aren’t a hockey fan, what other sports do you follow and what teams are your favourite?

6) VHL is my favourite sim leagues but there are a ton of other leagues too, are you in any other sim leagues? If so, what ones and how do you like them?

20 hours ago, fromtheinside said:

1) [To Returning Players] Yukon just finished their draft for S76.  What do you think about the newest Rush additions? [To Draftees] Congrats on being drafted by the Rush! How are you feeling about playing here and were you happy at where you got drafted?

4) What team in the VHLM do you think is the biggest threat this season to win the Founder’s Cup?

5) The NHL started back up this week. Do you have a favourite team and if so, how do you feel about how your team has started so far? If you aren’t a hockey fan, what other sports do you follow and what teams are your favourite?

6) VHL is my favourite sim leagues but there are a ton of other leagues too, are you in any other sim leagues? If so, what ones and how do you like them?

1.) I'm excited to be here. 

2.) To play the full season

3.) Yes we 2 gud

4.) No one. We da best

5.) Canucks 4 life. Unfortunately not to well. 

6.) I'm in the SHL. It's pretty good

On 1/17/2021 at 11:22 PM, fromtheinside said:

1. I am so pogger that i am here, so poggers man.

2. I want the trophy!!

3. Yes, they have best combo ever, Jared + Bridges... deadly.

4. Biggest threat? Yukon Rush.

5. Sabres. I mean, theyre the sabres, not much to expect.

6.I am not in any others

On 1/17/2021 at 9:22 PM, fromtheinside said:

1) I am the best addition

2) my goals are to score goals

3) yes because cow is the leader

4) yuCOWn

5) thats a long question with more than one question  so vancouver

6) this is the only sim league 

Well , getting drafted so high felt AMAZING , looking at the roster looks like weve got TONS of forwards and only a few D , hopefully we can even this out and get more minutes to all of our forwards

SCORING TITLE, MOST GOALS, FOUNDERS CUP,MOST SHOTS, MVP

why ? because we have @MexicanCow123 on the roster !

Us !>!

naaah i watch college hockey

Just this one ! First simleague experience ! 

1.) Super excited about what Abe Roque has already done so early. Great pick. 

2.) Hopefully I'll be able to keep building towards being a more offensive presence. 

3.) Absolutely we can be a playoff team with some of our new additions. Hopefully I'll be a part of making that happen!

4.) For our purposes, I think Mexico is going to make waves again. We're neck and neck right now so it's important we're always keeping tabs on them.

5.) Long suffering Leafs fan, but I think the North Division might help them out a little bit. I'm always weary of Boston and Tampa Bay but they're not going to be a threat as early this year for the Leafs. Good start so far. Marner is on fire which is great to see. More players need to get on his level, especially on the defensive end, and then they'll be unstoppable. That's what every Leafs fan says every year. I have hope but no illusions! 

6.) No other sim leagues. This is my first and only one.   

26 minutes ago, jimmyallen93 said:

1.) Super excited about what Abe Roque has already done so early. Great pick. 

2.) Hopefully I'll be able to keep building towards being a more offensive presence. 

3.) Absolutely we can be a playoff team with some of our new additions. Hopefully I'll be a part of making that happen!

4.) For our purposes, I think Mexico is going to make waves again. We're neck and neck right now so it's important we're always keeping tabs on them.

5.) Long suffering Leafs fan, but I think the North Division might help them out a little bit. I'm always weary of Boston and Tampa Bay but they're not going to be a threat as early this year for the Leafs. Good start so far. Marner is on fire which is great to see. More players need to get on his level, especially on the defensive end, and then they'll be unstoppable. That's what every Leafs fan says every year. I have hope but no illusions! 

6.) No other sim leagues. This is my first and only one.   

nice job on the Presser Jimbo!

On 1/5/2021 at 12:31 AM, fromtheinside said:

This offseason i spent training with Gary Roberts and his team in southern Ontario, the man doesnt charge cheap either. When everyone there is a pro player and the top NHLers i guess you can afford to lol 5 MIL downpayment for the summer training

The WJHC used to be my favorite hockey to watch and always a tradition , this year however i lost my BF who i watched all those games with for all those years growing up and couldnt watch without crying #GoUSA

My favorite team is in the middle of the desert , getting any fan talk is hard , we dont even have many fans LOL

dont eat chips

I just wanted to see Hulk Hogan Jr and Jolly greene Giant to fight every game :mayweathercry:

low 200s, 

Yukon PCi couldnt  find it @fromtheinside Just doing my best to earn TPE sorry if i made a mistake :(

Edited by Abe Roque

Yukon Press Conference Week 2

1) The Yukon Rush have gotten out to a respectable 7-4 start to the season. Are you happy with how the team has started, why or why not?

2) How have you felt about your individual performance so far in the first set of games? Do you feel like you are performing the way you should be and are you on pace for any goals you set for yourself this season?

3) The Houston Bulls are off to a 10-0 start. They were the undisputed #1 favorites going into this season... how long do you think they will go undefeated for to start the season?

4) Motzaburger was named our team captain last week before the season started. Speaking of burgers, what topping and condiments do you like on your burger. Alternatively do you prefer BK burgers, Mcdonald's burgers, Wendy's burgers or a different burger place not mentioned?

5) Our goalie Matt Sovick Jr has gotten off to a great start for the Rush this season. Who is your favourite real life goalie and why? If you don't watch hockey who is your favourite athlete and why?

6) When you aren't spending time on VHL what do you like to do in your free time?

38 minutes ago, fromtheinside said:

1) The Yukon Rush have gotten out to a respectable 7-4 start to the season. Are you happy with how the team has started, why or why not?

2) How have you felt about your individual performance so far in the first set of games? Do you feel like you are performing the way you should be and are you on pace for any goals you set for yourself this season?

3) The Houston Bulls are off to a 10-0 start. They were the undisputed #1 favorites going into this season... how long do you think they will go undefeated for to start the season?

4) Motzaburger was named our team captain last week before the season started. Speaking of burgers, what topping and condiments do you like on your burger. Alternatively do you prefer BK burgers, Mcdonald's burgers, Wendy's burgers or a different burger place not mentioned?

5) Our goalie Matt Sovick Jr has gotten off to a great start for the Rush this season. Who is your favourite real life goalie and why? If you don't watch hockey who is your favourite athlete and why?

6) When you aren't spending time on VHL what do you like to do in your free time?

1. hopefully as the season goes on we can get better and our record can be even better. Our record right now isnt the worst.

2. I really dont like my stats right now, i dont feel like i am contributing that much and hopefully i can get better as the season goes on. 

3. i think they are going to lose there first game sometime this week, there is no way they are going to go undefeated the whole season. 

4. Shake shack is the best, there is nothing that comes close. I had it once 2 years ago when i went to vegas. Normally i only have cheese but if lettuce comes on it then thats fine to.

5. fleury is my favorite goalie and luongo. I am excited for driedger and what he can do.

6. normally i just watch yt or if there is a basketball or hockey game on. I have been going to the gym for a month now consistently with my friend which has been good.

5 hours ago, fromtheinside said:

1) The Yukon Rush have gotten out to a respectable 7-4 start to the season. Are you happy with how the team has started, why or why not? I mean, yeah, its decent. Keep it up!

2) How have you felt about your individual performance so far in the first set of games? Do you feel like you are performing the way you should be and are you on pace for any goals you set for yourself this season? 9 points in 13 games for a rookie defender is pretty nice, so ill take it.

3) The Houston Bulls are off to a 10-0 start. They were the undisputed #1 favorites going into this season... how long do you think they will go undefeated for to start the season? Until we beat them, which just happened.

4) Motzaburger was named our team captain last week before the season started. Speaking of burgers, what topping and condiments do you like on your burger. Alternatively do you prefer BK burgers, Mcdonald's burgers, Wendy's burgers or a different burger place not mentioned? woha woah woah, i like mcdoanlds big mac with no pickles.

5) Our goalie Matt Sovick Jr has gotten off to a great start for the Rush this season. Who is your favourite real life goalie and why? If you don't watch hockey who is your favourite athlete and why? I am a big sabres fan, but i'd have to say Lehner/Fluery. THey both are goalies with great personalities on the ice.

6) When you aren't spending time on VHL what do you like to do in your free time? Hang out with friends from school i guess

9 hours ago, fromtheinside said:

1.) That's a good record, but I think we can always improve! 

2.) Feeling pretty good about it. Definitely improving offensively which was my goal this season. 

3.) Haha, until tonight! Good game. Let's go! 

4.) Pretty much anything goes on a burger, honestly. I think the key is some kind of mayo based sauce. I don't really eat fast food so I can't say I have favourite between those. Probably go for McDonalds if I had a choice, for the special sauce, of course.

5.) I think Fleury has to be my favourite. I remember him playing for Canada in the World Juniors tournament and thinking his bright yellow pads were sweet. Then he got to wear them in Pittsburgh and I thought that was pretty cool. The three Stanley Cups helped too, partially thanks to Murray of course, but hey, Fleury still. 

6.) I read, I walk, I attend Zoom functions. Living the socially distanced dream. 

1) I am pretty happy with the start of the season. It is always possible to do better and of course I want us to do so as well. 

2) I feel good about my individual performance. My defefence is looking decent and i have put up more points so fare compared to my last season. 

3) I think the Houston Bulls will go undefeated until they stand off against us. Looking forward to the game.

4) Well I am from Sweden so I must say that Max hamburgare (burgers) are the best. A swedish burger joint just like McDonalds and BK.

5) My favourite goalie right now is Carter Hart. I support the Flyers and I think that the future for him is looking really good.

6) I am a student, so in my free time I am studying and hang out with friends. I also train alot in the gym and running. 

On 1/25/2021 at 1:59 PM, fromtheinside said:

To be honest i know ive got alot more to give and i  know that some of those losses could have been a different story if i was playing my best hockey.

Not saitisfied at all !! i need to pick up my game , this is me at 50 %

Not very long ;) 

I actually didnt get notified about the capataincy announcement ? 😕 but congrats Grubes you deserve it ! @Motzaburger

Dominik Hasek , his style of play was like no other , unreal...

Work, Work , work , Make money , save money ...