Yukon Rush Press Conference!

Oatex

On 6/7/2021 at 8:09 AM, Juice said:

WiaitDx.png

:yuk:Yukon Rush Press Conference :yuk:

(for week ending in 6/13)

1. With the season officially half-way done, the top teams and middle of the pack teams are pretty clear now, with Halifax, Yukon, and Minnesota being the front runners and San Diego (yuck), Saskatoon, Philadelphia, and Houston being close behind. Besides the Rush, who is a team that you think could be a big threat in the playoffs?

2. @Zetterberg has broken out to the extreme, being over 2 PPG and over a goal per game as well, hitting the 40 goal mark already. What do you think this guy ate to absolutely explode and hit his true potential?

3. If you could compare your player to an active NHL player, who would that be?

4. The Sabres won the NHL Lottery Draft. What sick cruel god would do this, and what are your thoughts on the Lottery?

5. What is the biggest purchase you've ever made on something just for yourself?

6. Controversial Opinion of the Week: I'm a huge fan of the music from the 40's (mostly due to cruising in the wasteland in Fallout 3 and New Vegas for hours on end), and I'll even blast it in the car when driving. Do you like that type of music?

1. I think Yukon is going to be a huge threat, especially with two great re-create additions in myself and Fonzi, eh!

2. I think no one should be surprised if they've seen what Z has been able to do in the past. The VHLM is really where we start to find out which builds the sim engine likes, and it likes Z's

3. I'm so glad I got this question, Adam Pelech! The big bear of the Islanders' defense is who Sven Eightnine is modeled after, big tough, and not to be messed with.

4. I think the lottery needs to stop being won by teams directly competing with the New York Islanders. I feel like every year the teams around us are getting younger.

5. This is a good question, but my answer is lame, would probably be the macbook air i'm using for this presser. I bought it because my university laptop crapped out, and now I'm glad I did because it's my work computer.

6. I was a fan of it in high school when I played in band, but I can't say I've listened to much recently, might give it a try later :) 

WiaitDx.png

(for week ending in 6/20)

1. We are now officially at full capacity for our roster, with 12 forwards, 6 defensemen (with the latest edition of @BarzalGoat and @fonziGG 😍), and 2 goaltenders. Are you happy with the roster make-up so far?

2. Sims have been...less than consistent as of late. What do you do while anxious awaiting the next sim (or double sim 👀)?

3. There's been talks of maybe doing a duet with @thadthrasher if we end up tying the series of war against the Marlins 4 to 4 in our 8 game season matchup. Would you prefer that, or maybe a different duo-punishment?

4. If you could add one additional attribute for the VHL to add to build your player, which attribute would it be and why?

5. What's something you do that some people might think is weird, but you oddly find satisfying? (i.e. for myself, I am pretty flexible with my legs so when I'm just chilling I sometimes just bring my leg up to rest my chin on it while watching a movie)

6. Controversial Opinion of the Week: I actually love hanging out in airports, even if it's for several hours pre-flight, when I'm travelling whereas everyone I talk to dreads stepping foot in one. Agree or disagree?

1 hour ago, Juice said:

WiaitDx.png

1. We are now officially at full capacity for our roster, with 12 forwards, 6 defensemen (with the latest edition of @BarzalGoat and @fonziGG 😍), and 2 goaltenders. Are you happy with the roster make-up so far?

2. Sims have been...less than consistent as of late. What do you do while anxious awaiting the next sim (or double sim 👀)?

3. There's been talks of maybe doing a duet with @thadthrasher if we end up tying the series of war against the Marlins 4 to 4 in our 8 game season matchup. Would you prefer that, or maybe a different duo-punishment?

4. If you could add one additional attribute for the VHL to add to build your player, which attribute would it be and why?

5. What's something you do that some people might think is weird, but you oddly find satisfying? (i.e. for myself, I am pretty flexible with my legs so when I'm just chilling I sometimes just bring my leg up to rest my chin on it while watching a movie)

6. Controversial Opinion of the Week: I actually love hanging out in airports, even if it's for several hours pre-flight, when I'm travelling whereas everyone I talk to dreads stepping foot in one. Agree or disagree?

1 -- its should be good to roll 4 lines against teams in the playoffs unless the other team is double shifting their top players, then it might present a problem

2 -- i just check in whenever, so i just go about my daily business of work, etc

3 -- if its a tie then both GMs should get a free pass or should it go to the next tiebreaker which is who scored the most goals and then the losing GM has to sing?

4 -- speed -- skating is there but just cause you can skate well doesnt mean you are a fast skater per se; or maybe acceleration to get to the puck faster than other players

5 -- people watch

6 -- i dont mind sitting in the airport and relaxing for an hour or two before a flight and you can also bet on which planes are going to land first with the person sitting next to you

On 6/15/2021 at 8:01 AM, Juice said:

WiaitDx.png

1. Definitely. Yukon has been killing it recently and that enticed me to join.

2. I train. I want to be the very best.

3. wait what now??

4. Hair flow. I’d have the best flow in the game

5. I stretch like you do ironically. Can do the splits and such while watching th!

6. Agree!

On 6/15/2021 at 11:01 AM, Juice said:

WiaitDx.png

1. I guess this question is easy because I picked this team, but I'm absolutely excited with the roster make-up so far!

2. I simply think about how hard Sven is going to crush the other team's players and it gets me pumped

3. I think whoever we play doesn't matter, we'll win, we're the best

4. This is a toughie, I'd maybe add "hands" different from puck handling, this would be dekeing

5. I think for me this is probably playing really old games on ios, just never got bored of some of 2015's greatest hits

6. Disagree, airports aren't that fun, especially home airports. It's just expensive to do the same things you could've done at home, or if it's an early flight, you can't sleep as much

WiaitDx.png

(for week ending in 6/27)

1. The Rush have officially clinched the top of the VHLM standings for S78! What is your go-to way to celebrate winning the first Prime Minister's cup in 15 seasons?

2. With the regular season about over, who is your personal pick for Team MVP for the season and why?

3. Season 2 of the War with San Diego ends in...a tie? With the season series closing in at 4-4, do you have any final remarks for @thadthrasher and his Marlins?

4. Looking at the standings, we're guaranteed to face up against Mexico City. What are your predictions for the series?

5. If you had to pick a single song to listen to for the rest of your life, which would it be?

6. Controversial Opinion of the Week: I absolutely despise the opening day/opening week of a new popular movie that I'm planning to see, and I'll avoid going to see it in theaters for at least 2-3 weeks. The BO and the popcorn crunching all around me, let alone if someone really tall sits in front of me, drives me insane. Agree or disagree?

2 hours ago, Juice said:

WiaitDx.png

1. The Rush have officially clinched the top of the VHLM standings for S78! What is your go-to way to celebrate winning the first Prime Minister's cup in 15 seasons?

2. With the regular season about over, who is your personal pick for Team MVP for the season and why?

3. Season 2 of the War with San Diego ends in...a tie? With the season series closing in at 4-4, do you have any final remarks for @thadthrasher and his Marlins?

4. Looking at the standings, we're guaranteed to face up against Mexico City. What are your predictions for the series?

5. If you had to pick a single song to listen to for the rest of your life, which would it be?

6. Controversial Opinion of the Week: I absolutely despise the opening day/opening week of a new popular movie that I'm planning to see, and I'll avoid going to see it in theaters for at least 2-3 weeks. The BO and the popcorn crunching all around me, let alone if someone really tall sits in front of me, drives me insane. Agree or disagree?

1 -- although its nice to have the best regular season record and home ice throughout the playoffs, regular season awards do not really mean much and its more about winning that championship

2 -- it should by Tyler Reinhart, he was just so dominate across the whole entire season from start to finish

3 -- none, rather face them in the playoffs and beat them there than in the regular season

4 -- Houston will be a tough draw and cant overlook them, we have home ice and have to take advantage of that and up are game and play our best players 20+ minutes a game

5 -- Thunderstruck by AC/DC

6 -- depends on the movie, but more or less i would shy away from opening day/weekend

6 hours ago, Juice said:

WiaitDx.png

1- Maybe a little party at the top of the Grey Mountain but after that we have to stay focused for the playoffs which are coming soon

2-I would say Nathan Powers would be the MVP. His great leadership leaded us to a great season and what about a 100 points season as a D. Powers is the clear MVP (sorry Z, you're coming second)

3- If the season would've been a best of 7, we would've won the serie 4 to 3 right? Because we lost the last game to make it tie at 4.

4-We shoud win this. I mean, I hope so. Ok last one. We WILL win this serie!

5-Bohemian Rhapsody! I love this song! I mean, a 6min song with a mix of opera, rock and he's probabely the first one to mix those two and the results are umbelivable

6-Agree, I absolutely HATE when someone taller sit in front of me and I like to watch movie at my home with no other people that are making too much sound.

30 minutes ago, Otto Numminen said:

1- Maybe a little party at the top of the Grey Mountain but after that we have to stay focused for the playoffs which are coming soon

Literally getting flashbacks to hiking Grey Mountain after reading your answer 👀

Copious amounts of drugs and alcohol. Lol all kidding aside I just like to celebrate with the homies in the LR, its a great group we got in there this season.

I think Bek and Z are equally worthy of the MVP, both of them had great seasons statistically and both had a major presence in the locker room as well. Gonna miss them next season for sure.

3. Season 2 of the War with San Diego ends in...a tie? With the season series closing in at 4-4, do you have any final remarks for @thadthrasher and his Marlins?

Yeah, we will see you chumps in the playoffs I hope. It's summertime, great time for some fish on the barbecue!

Well I have to predict we will win the series, but they are actually a little spooky. They've beaten us multiple times in the regular season and with STHS who freaking knows. If you look at it from a pure quality of roster perspective, we should smoke them, but yeah that's not how this usually works.

Jeez that is a tough question. There are a ton of great options to pick from. If I had to guess my most played song ever it would probably be In the End by Linkin Park so I will go with that... but there's many bangers I could roll with.

6. Controversial Opinion of the Week: I absolutely despise the opening day/opening week of a new popular movie that I'm planning to see, and I'll avoid going to see it in theaters for at least 2-3 weeks. The BO and the popcorn crunching all around me, let alone if someone really tall sits in front of me, drives me insane. Agree or disagree?

Agreed, and I generally just don't like being in a packed movie theatre. The only time I put up with big crowds is usually when new Star Wars movies come out, besides that I am the same as you. 

The Rush have officially clinched the top of the VHLM standings for S78! What is your go-to way to celebrate winning the first Prime Minister's cup in 15 seasons?

Go absolutely fucking nuts. If I didn't end up in jail overnight, I'd be disappointed. 

That would require me to pay attention to the VHLM and it's hard enough to keep up with the VHL. Whoever has the most points is how success is usually measured here. 

3. Season 2 of the War with San Diego ends in...a tie? With the season series closing in at 4-4, do you have any final remarks for @thadthrasher and his Marlins?

Difficult to comment as I have ties to both. Former Marlin and consider several Yukon members as mates so congratulations on a great battle by both teams this season. 

Yukon has got this. MC is a good team but the mighty Rush will put the Kings out of their misery. 

Baby Shark. The "rest of my life" would probably only last 3 hours before I end my suffering tbh. 

6. Controversial Opinion of the Week: I absolutely despise the opening day/opening week of a new popular movie that I'm planning to see, and I'll avoid going to see it in theaters for at least 2-3 weeks. The BO and the popcorn crunching all around me, let alone if someone really tall sits in front of me, drives me insane. Agree or disagree?

Agree approximately 12000%. I generally hate other people anyway so I'd happily miss the early run of a new movie. It doesn't take much to piss me off. 

Go out and party H-A-R-D. Then next day skip practice and maybe do it again. Then day after that it's back to normal. Or in other words, I will say that I party hard, but in reality I'm just taking it easy at home for few days.

A lot of good seasons from different players, but Tyler Reinhart had 133 points and 64 goals in in 72 games, top numbers and I think  he deserves the MVP.

I love Bob's music. Is this team his team? Does the Marley family own the team?

Battle. Of course, Yukon is the favorite, but Mexico can cause us problems, so we need to be ready and show up for every game.

Erik B and Rakim - Follow the leader. That bass line is violent.

Agree, the so called ''movie experience'' is highly overrated nowadays

Edited by jRuutu

WiaitDx.png

(for week ending in 7/4)

1. The Kings are now golfing it up while the Rush is on to the 2nd Round! Who do you think deserves recognition after our first series for their performance?

2. Well, that also happened. Halifax got bounced out of the playoffs by Houston, despite on paper being the vastly superior team. How surprised are you by this?

3. VHFL has officially ended, how did you end up doing if you participated? And if you haven't, are you likely to try next season?

4. Looking at the team scoring, despite going up against a team that had our number for half our games this season, we ended up with NO players with a negative +/- stat. Do you like this balanced approach roster, or would you rather something a lot more on either end of the spectrum (a lot more offensive, or a lot more defensive)?

5. We're experiencing a huge heat wave in Europe, or at least where I'm at, which means it's the perfect time to vacation! Do you have any summer plans, or have you done anything fun or notable as of yet?

6. Controversial Opinion of the Week: I've had a long argument with my girlfriend about this, and it seems I'm the crazy one. I think anytime it's over +20 degrees (Celsius), it's just awful weather. Your sweat feels sticky, your clothes are just damp and stick to your skin, you have to shower constantly throughout the day just to feel not gross, it's hard to breathe in fresh air as all you get is humid warm air into your lungs, etc. Unless you're specifically travelling and/or at a beach, no one should be happy for that warm of weather. Agree or disagree?

13 hours ago, Juice said:

WiaitDx.png

(for week ending in 7/4)

1. The Kings are now golfing it up while the Rush is on to the 2nd Round! Who do you think deserves recognition after our first series for their performance?

2. Well, that also happened. Halifax got bounced out of the playoffs by Houston, despite on paper being the vastly superior team. How surprised are you by this?

3. VHFL has officially ended, how did you end up doing if you participated? And if you haven't, are you likely to try next season?

4. Looking at the team scoring, despite going up against a team that had our number for half our games this season, we ended up with NO players with a negative +/- stat. Do you like this balanced approach roster, or would you rather something a lot more on either end of the spectrum (a lot more offensive, or a lot more defensive)?

5. We're experiencing a huge heat wave in Europe, or at least where I'm at, which means it's the perfect time to vacation! Do you have any summer plans, or have you done anything fun or notable as of yet?

6. Controversial Opinion of the Week: I've had a long argument with my girlfriend about this, and it seems I'm the crazy one. I think anytime it's over +20 degrees (Celsius), it's just awful weather. Your sweat feels sticky, your clothes are just damp and stick to your skin, you have to shower constantly throughout the day just to feel not gross, it's hard to breathe in fresh air as all you get is humid warm air into your lungs, etc. Unless you're specifically travelling and/or at a beach, no one should be happy for that warm of weather. Agree or disagree?

1 -- its a team game and the whole team deserves the recognition for the series win

2 -- not very surprised at all -- HOuston is a solid team and gave us a lot of trouble during the regular season and anything can happen in the playoffs

3 -- i was second in my group by less than 1 point 

4 -- depending on the team make up, strats could go either way --> i think our balanced approach has worked well and wouldnt tinker with it at all

5 -- we went to the souther OUter Banks of North Carolina last week and will take another week off in august too before everyone goes back to school, etc

6 -- i dont mind 70-80 degree F weather as long as the humidity is low, but once it gets above 80 and humid, count me out

On 6/29/2021 at 7:20 AM, Juice said:

WiaitDx.png

(for week ending in 7/4)

1. Big Papa Emeritus! Always thank your goalie for a post season victory, eh?

2. I mean I'm a little surprised, but I've been around long enough to know that the VHLM is going to be the M, and Simon is gonna Simon lol

3. I ended up going AFK during the final round of my VHFL bc of a trip with lots of driving so unfortunately I missed out

4. I mean as an Islanders fan I love balance, but maybe a top heavy approach would help in the playoffs

5. I'm going away to my girlfriend's family spot out by the lake in the country next week, very excited to get some time away!

6. I disagree with this one actually, really hot weather isn't that prohibitive, like you'll be fine existing in this, whereas really cold weather is not bearable. You can walk to the store and just get a little sticky in heat, but in cold, that's a whole expedition all bundled up, not ideal

On 6/29/2021 at 7:20 AM, Juice said:

WiaitDx.png

(for week ending in 7/4)

1-I mean, there were not really someone that carry the team. I was more a team effort. Although Papa play great and he was probably our MVP of the 1st round.

2-I am surprised, I though they would dominate the whole playoff... until we sweep them.

3-I did not that bad. I finish 5th out of 6 but it was my 1st year and I didn't know a lot of players.

4-I mean, the goal in the playoff is to win (with active players) and if EVERY player has a positive +/-, we should win games (unless we let like 10 PPG per game but I don't think we will)

5-I'm from Canada, so I can't travel out of the country so we're planning vacation in Alberta and it will be so nice!

6-+20 disagree but if it's above +30, NOW I agree. +20 isn't that bad but +30 is too much and in Canada, we're so much habituated to freezing weather and the complete opposite that everything between +20 and -20 is ok.

WiaitDx.png

(for week ending in 7/11)

1. THE RUSH ARE THE S78 CHAMPS!!! What does your player do to celebrate the win?

2. A major congratulations to @PatrikLaineand the Minnesota Storm who exceeded all expectations in Laine's first season as GM. Any closing remarks for our final opponent?

3. The last time the Rush won the Founder's Cup was S59 back in 2018, over 3 years ago! What were you up to back in the first half of 2018?

4. Currently it's Seattle v. Warsaw in the VHL finals that just has gone underway. Who do you predict to win?

5. What's your go-to nostalgic video-game? And if you don't like video-games, go-to nostalgic book or movie?

6. Controversial Opinion of the Week: I think beaches are a bit overrated. It's nice to chill on them for awhile, but it's unimaginable to me that people can be on them for practically the entire day. The hot sand, the sunburns, the amount of people always around. I'd rather be at a cabin on a lake all day than a beach. Agree or disagree?

1 minute ago, Juice said:

WiaitDx.png

1. THE RUSH ARE THE S78 CHAMPS!!! What does your player do to celebrate the win?

2. A major congratulations to @PatrikLaineand the Minnesota Storm who exceeded all expectations in Laine's first season as GM. Any closing remarks for our final opponent?

3. The last time the Rush won the Founder's Cup was S59 back in 2018, over 3 years ago! What were you up to back in the first half of 2018?

4. Currently it's Seattle v. Warsaw in the VHL finals that just has gone underway. Who do you predict to win?

5. What's your go-to nostalgic video-game? And if you don't like video-games, go-to nostalgic book or movie?

6. Controversial Opinion of the Week: I think beaches are a bit overrated. It's nice to chill on them for awhile, but it's unimaginable to me that people can be on them for practically the entire day. The hot sand, the sunburns, the amount of people always around. I'd rather be at a cabin on a lake all day than a beach. Agree or disagree?

1. As soon as the buzzer goes he tackles his brother Jerome then joins the rest of the mob surrounding Emeritus. After the game he racks up a massive tab at the local bar.

2. Suck it Laine 😜. But for real congrats on a great 1st season you guys had us extremely worried.

3. 2018.... I would probably have been playing minecraft (not that that’s changed) 24/7 and enjoying when school was easy.

4. I want Warsaw but it’s gonna be Seattle just because bana is the GM 

5. The first Destiny game. I used to spend hours on it with my friends everyday. Easily some of the most fun I’ve had playing video games.

6. In the middle, beach itself boring as hell and so crowded. Plus the sand in your hair for weeks afterwards. But if you find a day when no one else is around and you pull out the boogie boards, frisbee or volleyball net it’s a fun time.

8 minutes ago, Juice said:

WiaitDx.png

1 -- just go and relax at the beach and throw back some drinks in the sun

2 -- congrats on a great season and playoff run

3 -- same as today, working, running around with the kids everywhere

4 -- i am going to go with Warsaw in 6

5 -- NHL 94

6 -- i am fine with both actually and it doesnt matter the time of year either ; i would be 51/49 beach over woods

21 hours ago, Juice said:

WiaitDx.png

1-I'll celebrate with my teammates for sure and I'll bring the cup to Malmö, my hometown.

2-Yeah congrats to the team and congrats to Patrick Laine! They played great and the never gave up even when they were down in the serie.

3- I was still in Elementary school! and it was the year of my last vacation before Covid-19.

4-I think Warsaw will win because they got one of the best forward group in the league (in my opinion) and I think that's what will make them win.

5-It's gotta be Wii Sport on the Wii console! I use to play that game almost every day and I miss that game.

6-Yeah beaches are overrated. I like to be in the water for 1-2 or 3 hours and I like to chill on them for max 1 hour but I can't stay there for the entire day.

A lot of dancing and drinking of water. I'm an aggressive dancer, so I need to make sure I'm hydrated during the celebrations.

Tough series, we almost saw an hell of a comeback. Lucky for us, that did not happen!

I had a player in VHL, I think, so at least in that sense I was more than likely doing the same stuff here, doing points tasks and all that. Outside of VHL, I can't remember, studying fairly surely. Same old same old.

I'm answering this late, so we already know the winner, but I remember thinking Seattle might take it in game seven.

I don't play that many old games. The GTA games maybe, but it has been a years since I played San Andreas for example. Could be a time to play it now, great soundtrack!

Agree. I understand if you are on a holiday in paradise that you might want to relax at the beach for some time, but other than that - I'm not a fan

WiaitDx.png

(for week ending in 7/18)

1. The off-season can be long and painful. Does your player have any plans to kill the boredom until the next season starts?

2. Yukon doesn't have any top picks in this draft so far, and with some big time recreates it should be a hell of a draft. Should we attempt to move-up?

3. This upcoming season will be the last season before the VHLE era begins. Do you think the VHLM will be impacted by this, or will things stay relatively the same?

4. Any super early predictions on who you think should go far into the playoffs next season?

5. The VHLM Awards Show came out, and oh boy did Yukon absolutely kill it in the award department (Shoutout to Regular Season MVP @Zetterberg and Playoff MVP @JB123)! Do you think this means we had an extra special season on our hands?

6. Controversial Opinion of the Week: I think that rats are the dopest and coolest pets to own, despite not having one yet. I know some people are absolutely terrified of rodents, but man I'd love me to get a little rat-bro to come chill on my shoulder while I watch a movie. Thoughts?

Edited by Juice

Yukon Rush Press Conference

(July 25th)

Welcome to the Yukon Rush Press Conference for July 25th 2021, where the press ask hopefully six very important question and the players on the team are free to answer the question. Answer three question of 1 TPE and/or Answer all 2 TPE.

Now lets have some question from the press shall we?

1. Yukon Rush has two new general managers this season; what do you know about them and what advice would you give them?

2. Four Game into the season, has the start been as expected?

3. Yukon is known for cold, ice and gold. What do you think is the most important for the community?

4. New Season, New goals. What goals have you set for your player this season?

5. The Rush has a total of six players at the moment. What is the over/under you give for the team to finish the season with two complete lines? (6 Forwards, 4 defenders and 1 Tender)

6. Riddle: The more of this there is, the less you see. What is it?

(Aug 1st )

Welcome to the Yukon Rush Press Conference for August 1st 2021, where the press ask hopefully six very important question and the players on the team are free to answer the question. Answer three question of 1 TPE and/or answer all six for 2 TPE.

1. General Manager Dom has been busy completing a few different trades since taking the head of the team. What do you think about his trade so far?

2. What do you think the biggest need for the team is at the current moment?

3. Eighteen games into the season and we are currently 7-9-2 record; do you think we have enough to make the play-offs?

4. If you could get to know anyone on the team better who would it be and why?

5. With the summer in full swing are you a beach type of person or Mountain type of person?

6. Riddle: What cannot talk but will reply when spoken to?

Edited by Gaikoku-hito

(Aug 1st )

Welcome to the Yukon Rush Press Conference for August 1st 2021, where the press ask hopefully six very important question and the players on the team are free to answer the question. Answer three question of 1 TPE and/or answer all six for 2 TPE.

1. General Manager Dom has been busy completing a few different trades since taking the head of the team. What do you think about his trade so far?

I'm liking the acquisition of picks for the next draft. I hope Dom can get me back onto the team.

2. What do you think the biggest need for the team is at the current moment?

We don't really need much considering the trades we made. I like where we are now. Some waiver signings to help introduce players would be a good idea.

3. Eighteen games into the season and we are currently 7-9-2 record; do you think we have enough to make the play-offs?

Considering how this division is shaping up to be, maybe we do.

4. If you could get to know anyone on the team better who would it be and why?

It'd be nice to get to know more about Appleweed since I haven't heard from him in a bit.

5. With the summer in full swing are you a beach type of person or Mountain type of person?

Beach but only around it, not directly on the beach.

6. Riddle: What cannot talk but will reply when spoken to?

A computer algorithm designed to respond to any vocal input with text.