London United Press Conferences

McWolf

LondonBar_uu5ZE7B.png

Press Conference for the week ending on Sunday August 9.

(1) 26 games in, we are 6 points behind an even record, and 6 points behind the Malmo Nighthawks. Can we pass them and finish 3rd out of 4 in our division? 

(2) How's the ambiance in the arena on game nights? Are fans pleased with our performances? Any sighting of hooligans?

(3) Hypothetical situation: Our top player Guy Lesieur is blindsided, a real cheap shot. Who steps up and defends him?

(4) What food would you not recommend from everything that's available at our home stadium?

(5) What would you have done with your life if you didn't become a professional hockey player?

(6) Rank melons from best to worst: cantaloupe, honeydew, watermelon.

@KC15 @TTtheT @MattyIce @SirRupertBarnes @Boragina @Biggreen10 @der meister @Ninjaboi @SeamusSv

(1) 26 games in, we are 6 points behind an even record, and 6 points behind the Malmo Nighthawks. Can we pass them and finish 3rd out of 4 in our division? 

Anything is possible.  We just have to keep working and get results.

(2) How's the ambiance in the arena on game nights? Are fans pleased with our performances? Any sighting of hooligans?

When we win it's pretty great, when we lose though, it's not like Manchester United falls... yet.  Maybe we get to that point someday, when we lose an important game and England drinks itself stupid?

(3) Hypothetical situation: Our top player Guy Lesieur is blindsided, a real cheap shot. Who steps up and defends him?

We all go.  We are UNITED.

(4) What food would you not recommend from everything that's available at our home stadium?

Don't eat their poutine!!!  Its not like home, at all.  It does taste like they put beer in their gravy.

(5) What would you have done with your life if you didn't become a professional hockey player?

Probably a truck driver in Montreal.

Watermelon, honeydew, cantaloupe.  Easy answer.  However, ALL those flavors make delicious e-juice

1 - of course. Might not be the most likely thing, but the team has more confidence playing in front of Bleeding than any other G. 

2 - Takes time to build up a fan base, but there is a certain level of curiosity that is leading to an interesting environment. Painted chests and all that.

3 - Hopefully everyone, though admittedly my high level of discipline makes it unlikely I’ll get my hands dirty.

4 - Black pudding, any time, any where, should be avoided.

5 - Return to my mountain home and resume my career as a demon, of course.

6 - watermelon, cantaloupe, honeydew. Cantaloupe used to be my favorite by far but I had far too many of them in college and got totally burned out on them.

(1) 26 games in, we are 6 points behind an even record, and 6 points behind the Malmo Nighthawks. Can we pass them and finish 3rd out of 4 in our division? 

Of course we can!  As a very young team, we get proportionately better with each update.

I think the fans are having fun.  They know we come to play every night and the Londoners appreciate that.

The whole team.  That's who we are.

The kidney pies.  As a Frenchman, cannot recommend that sort of cuisine anytime, anywhere.

(5) What would you have done with your life if you didn't become a professional hockey player?

Maybe some kind of photographer.  I love it.  But I never got to be serious about anything other than hockey.

(6) Rank melons from best to worst: cantaloupe, honeydew, watermelon.

Easy one!  Watermelon best melon of all, then honeydew, finally cantaloupe.

On 8/3/2020 at 9:00 AM, McWolf said:

1) 26 games in, we are 6 points behind an even record, and 6 points behind the Malmo Nighthawks. Can we pass them and finish 3rd out of 4 in our division? 

1. It would probably be beneficial to finish as low as possible. With the boys have been playing, I don’t see why they couldn’t win a few and finish even.

2. I’ve just been watching the games on tv in Ottawa but fans seem like they’re taking to the team. I’m sure there’s a few hooligans out there. There always is.

3. The entirety of the team. Literally every single person, even the goalies. The benches would clear and they’d spend 20 minutes or more sorting out penalties.

4. Haven’t had anything from the arena yet so I’m not too sure about that one.

5. Probably worked at a golf course or taken up professional golf.

6. Best: Watermelon

Meh: Cantaloupe

Trash: Honeydew

On 8/3/2020 at 8:00 AM, McWolf said:

LondonBar_uu5ZE7B.png

Press Conference for the week ending on Sunday August 9.

@KC15 @TTtheT @MattyIce @SirRupertBarnes @Boragina @Biggreen10 @der meister @Ninjaboi @SeamusSv

1. I believe in us!

2. Someone threw tea at me when I missed a shot. 

3. The whole team!

4. Anything with aged cheese.

5. Probably would've coached.

6. Watermelon, honeydew, cantaloupe 

LondonBar_uu5ZE7B.png

Press Conference for the week ending on Sunday August 16.

Blockbuster trade edition.

(1) We sent Guy Lesieur back to D.C., do you think he will help them turn their season around?

(2) Are you going to stay in touch with Guy or is he now an enemy to you?

(3) The return in the trade was a conditional 1st round pick. It'll be this offseason if D.C. makes the playoffs, next offseason if they don't. So.. are you a Dragons fan now?

(4) Who stepped up for us now that our only veteran - and clearly our best player - is gone?

(5) Pretend we are getting an extra 1st round pick this season through this trade; what positions do you think your lovely GM picks with both 1st rounders?

(6) Who'll be our first player to get over 800 TPE now that we lost our only one?

@TTtheT @MattyIce @SirRupertBarnes @Boragina @Biggreen10 @der meister @Ninjaboi @SeamusSv

James Rose will now be answering some questions:

(1) We sent Guy Lesieur back to D.C., do you think he will help them turn their season around?

He's a real good player, so I certainly believe that.

Yeah I'll stay in touch.  If I can find him haha

(3) The return in the trade was a conditional 1st round pick. It'll be this offseason if D.C. makes the playoffs, next offseason if they don't. So.. are you a Dragons fan now?

I'm a fan of our team.  Let's give the fans something to cheer about and play spoiler for the other teams, howbowdat?

(4) Who stepped up for us now that our only veteran - and clearly our best player - is gone?

Trivium has been banging them in lately.  I hope he keeps it up, he's real solid.  Jay Jones has been making things easier with his faceoff skills too!

(5) Pretend we are getting an extra 1st round pick this season through this trade; what positions do you think your lovely GM picks with both 1st rounders?

A forward and a defenseman.  Or two forwards.  Get this team to be scarier to play against.

(6) Who'll be our first player to get over 800 TPE now that we lost our only one?

Wow that's a tough one... I'd say me, but I've been wrong in the past haha.  This league is always shifting so who knows who's coming and/or going?

its possible, but who can say? He definitely makes them a stronger team.

yes, I will totally stay in touch with that traitor who betrayed us all

i am only a fan of London. All the other teams can eat it. I think next draft class is going to be stronger than the current draft class, so I’d rather see us get a 1st next season

literally everyone. Kidd had a Hatty this past week!

definitely a defenseman with 1 of the picks. A goalie would be swell but it seems unlikely. Maybe trade the other 1st for a pair of 2nds

gonna say MattyIce gets that one

6 hours ago, McWolf said:

1) We sent Guy Lesieur back to D.C., do you think he will help them turn their season around?

(3) The return in the trade was a conditional 1st round pick. It'll be this offseason if D.C. makes the playoffs, next offseason if they don't. So.. are you a Dragons fan now?

(6) Who'll be our first player to get over 800 TPE now that we lost our only one?

1. One player won’t make it break a franchise but with talent like his it’ll be hard to not have an impact. They’ll pick it up, especially since he has the chemistry with the team already.

2. I wasn’t around to interact with him much but he’ll still be part of the united.

3. At least until they make the playoffs, yes.

4. James Rose and Jay Jones have both been solid for us.

5. Let’s say 3rd and 11th? I have no idea

6. That’s a tough question. It all depends on how much growth Players have. It’ll be one of our current active players I’d imagine.

On 8/11/2020 at 3:09 PM, McWolf said:

LondonBar_uu5ZE7B.png

Press Conference for the week ending on Sunday August 16.

Blockbuster trade edition.

(1) We sent Guy Lesieur back to D.C., do you think he will help them turn their season around?

@TTtheT @MattyIce @SirRupertBarnes @Boragina @Biggreen10 @der meister @Ninjaboi @SeamusSv

1. Hopefully so!

2. Off the ice I'm sure we'll keep in touch, but he's an enemy on the ice.

3. I guess I have to be.

4. James Rose for sure.

5. A goalie and a forward.

6. James Rose.

1) At this rate, it seems like none of the expansion teams will make the playoffs (including us). Who will you be pulling for, once the bracket begins?

Helsinki, Davos and Seattle.  Strong teams with strong presence. 

2) London hosted this year's World Junior Championships, do you think the exposure to hockey will bring more fans into the stands?

I certainly hope so.  Team Europe did well, and I wasn't playing my best even as Team Canada assistant captain.  Let's get back on track and string together some great performances to het this thing here snowballing in England.

3) While things aren't looking so hot this year, the United have a promising core that will look to break out in s74 and beyond. Who do you think will be the first to make their mark on the league as a whole?

There's alot of franchise talent here.  It's anybody's guess who it is.

4) If you could design a 3rd jersey for the United, what would it look like?

A red jersey with white trim and five golden lions as our alternate logo

5) If you were the GM on draft day, which aspect of the team would you look to improve first?

Forward.  We can score alright now, imagine with more forwards.

6) If you could choose a goal song that best represents the team, what would it be?

Anarchy In The UK - Sex Pistols

First of all, thanks for inviting me as a guest to your press conference. Second of all, Hi @FrostBeard

1) At this rate, it seems like none of the expansion teams will make the playoffs (including us). Who will you be pulling for, once the bracket begins? The Malmo Nighthawks are hoping to make the playoffs and would welcome all of you as our bandwagon fans.

2) London hosted this year's World Junior Championships, do you think the exposure to hockey will bring more fans into the stands? It should, major tournaments like this garner a lot of attention, lets hope it will inspire the youth to pick up the skates

3) While things aren't looking so hot this year, the United have a promising core that will look to break out in s74 and beyond. Who do you think will be the first to make their mark on the league as a whole? I have my hopes up for The Terrible Trivium, we go way back and I hope he will have an outstanding career for United.

4) If you could design a 3rd jersey for the United, what would it look like? Black and Gold

5) If you were the GM on draft day, which aspect of the team would you look to improve first? Take the best player available, one you know you can depend to build around

6) If you could choose a goal song that best represents the team, what would it be? The Mars Volta - Cassandra Gemini ; mostly because if you score quick you can wait 32 minutes before the song ends, the opponents will never see this coming.

1 - No one. No other teams matter. If I had to pick, though, it would be Malmo because of the guy above me in this presser.

2 - I certainly hope so. Exposure for the game is a positive thing, especially in an expansion city.

3 - our leading scorer is a defenseman with 20 goals. Clearly we already have an impact player on this team in Rose.

4 - I'm a hockey playing demon of procrastination. I don't have time for jersey designs.

5 - I'd like to see us add a D and a G in the draft, but honestly best player available is the best option.

6 - Sabbath - War Pigs

9 hours ago, Sonnet said:

1) At this rate, it seems like none of the expansion teams will make the playoffs (including us). Who will you be pulling for, once the bracket begins?

2) London hosted this year's World Junior Championships, do you think the exposure to hockey will bring more fans into the stands?

3) While things aren't looking so hot this year, the United have a promising core that will look to break out in s74 and beyond. Who do you think will be the first to make their mark on the league as a whole?

4) If you could design a 3rd jersey for the United, what would it look like?

5) If you were the GM on draft day, which aspect of the team would you look to improve first?

6) If you could choose a goal song that best represents the team, what would it be?

1) Cheering for DC to make the playoffs so we get that first rounder but beyond that I don’t know. An underdog I suppose.

2) Absolutely. People got to experience a high intensity tournament so maybe a few more will take an interest in hockey.

3) When I come up next season I’ll definitely help bolster the roster. Krestanovich and Friedrikson will make a big impact too. It’ll just keep getting better.

4) That’s a tough question to explain via text but I’d probably go with Red as the main and accent the white and blue.

5) We need anything and everything so the best player available is probably the beat bet. At the same time it’d be really nice to get Doug Dimmadome and @Plate on the roster. There’s a few more I’d like to see but we can’t take them all.

6) I’d go with Seven Nation Army because it’s a song that gets me hyped and ready to go.

On 8/18/2020 at 12:05 AM, Sonnet said:

LondonBar_uu5ZE7B.png

Press Conference for the week ending on Sunday August 23.

1) At this rate, it seems like none of the expansion teams will make the playoffs (including us). Who will you be pulling for, once the bracket begins?

2) London hosted this year's World Junior Championships, do you think the exposure to hockey will bring more fans into the stands?

3) While things aren't looking so hot this year, the United have a promising core that will look to break out in s74 and beyond. Who do you think will be the first to make their mark on the league as a whole?

4) If you could design a 3rd jersey for the United, what would it look like?

5) If you were the GM on draft day, which aspect of the team would you look to improve first?

6) If you could choose a goal song that best represents the team, what would it be?

1. Probably Riga since they were my team before I was expansion drafted.

2. Yeah hopefully it brings in new fans.

3. James Rose.

4. Red and white. Maybe mix in some black to change it up.

5. A goalie.

6. Eye of the tiger?

LondonBar_uu5ZE7B.png

Press Conference for the week ending on Sunday August 30th.

1. Our inaugural season is pretty much done - we only have 3 games left as of Monday morning - which makes this a good time to look back and analyze what our performances this season. Did you think we'd be finishing 2nd to last in the whole league?

2. We only had issues with hooligans a couple of times throughout the season. What's your most memorable hooligan-related moment of the season?

3. What are you going to do during the offseason?

4. The team's front office said they wanted live performances from local artists during the intermissions starting next season to make United home games a one-stop, must-see, multi-dimensional, spectacle. Who would you like to see perform on the ice of the London Coliseum?

5. Talking of which, the London Coliseum sounds kinda bland. What sponsor should we pursue to give our arena a name with a unique feel?

6. Predict one award winner for next season. Could be any award, any player or team.

Definitely disappointing to finish where we did. I was hoping we would finish maybe tenth in the league, but it was simply not meant to be.

Probably the streakers at our 3rd home game. Given how poorly we were playing at that point, I can't blame them.

Train. Train some more. Prepare to slay opponents with my shot, which I feel improved quite a bit as the season went on. I know I won't reach point per game this year, but that is my goal for next season.

For the sake of putting something out there that everyone will enjoy, I suggest Asking Alexandria. I assume Iron Maiden would be too expensive to get, but maybe in the future we can do some sort of promotion with them or their music. I'd imagine we can bring Bruce Dickenson to a hockey game - he seems like the kind of guy who would enjoy that.

I actually hate sponsorship names and really enjoy the throwback name we have. If we had to, though, probably Pret. They make good sammiches.

Prediction? London United - Continental Cup

1 hour ago, McWolf said:

1. Our inaugural season is pretty much done - we only have 3 games left as of Monday morning - which makes this a good time to look back and analyze what our performances this season. Did you think we'd be finishing 2nd to last in the whole league?

2. We only had issues with hooligans a couple of times throughout the season. What's your most memorable hooligan-related moment of the season?

4. The team's front office said they wanted live performances from local artists during the intermissions starting next season to make United home games a one-stop, must-see, multi-dimensional, spectacle. Who would you like to see perform on the ice of the London Coliseum?

5. Talking of which, the London Coliseum sounds kinda bland. What sponsor should we pursue to give our arena a name with a unique feel?

6. Predict one award winner for next season. Could be any award, any player or team.

1. Absolutely. We only had a couple active players and no real star power. If we did do better than we did, we’d have problems in the future.

2. I was down in Ottawa all season but while I was in London for WJC I was at a game. While I was there I saw a drunk fan who kept cheering for Liverpool and yelling about red cards.

3. My seasons still going strong with Ottawa so hopefully win a cup and then move to London this summer.

4. Any rock band would be great with me.

5. I’ll leave advertising to front office. Could also try to get united airlines to sponsor us and call it the United Coliseum.

6. Alec Volchenkov, Christian Stolzschweiger Trophy ?

1. Our inaugural season is pretty much done - we only have 3 games left as of Monday morning - which makes this a good time to look back and analyze what our performances this season. Did you think we'd be finishing 2nd to last in the whole league?

I think we played to our potential this year.  If 2nd last this year is where we ended up, then we need to boost our potential.

2. We only had issues with hooligans a couple of times throughout the season. What's your most memorable hooligan-related moment of the season?

When the world juniors ended, I played horribly for a stretch, fans let me know it.  I've had losing seasons in the past, I learned to not let those things affect me.

3. What are you going to do during the offseason?

Play in some offseason tournaments and train with all kinds of new people.

4. The team's front office said they wanted live performances from local artists during the intermissions starting next season to make United home games a one-stop, must-see, multi-dimensional, spectacle. Who would you like to see perform on the ice of the London Coliseum?

A good mix of electronic music and some good rock.  

5. Talking of which, the London Coliseum sounds kinda bland. What sponsor should we pursue to give our arena a name with a unique feel?

We have to grow the team and its brand first.  Look at the Premier League football teams.  We have to do something similar to them.  I do like Aston Martin cars, they're super slick and powerful.  Could they be a possible sponsor?

6. Predict one award winner for next season. Could be any award, any player or team.

I'd love to win top defenseman or any kind of trophy.  I'll toot my own horn

On 8/24/2020 at 9:05 AM, McWolf said:

LondonBar_uu5ZE7B.png

Press Conference for the week ending on Sunday August 30th.

1. It was very disappointing but not unexpected. We're a very young team, but at least things can only go up!

2. Someone threw a baguette at me..

3. Work on my game and relax.

4. Some rap, maybe.

5. Gucci Gardens sounds cool.

6. London winning the cup?

LondonBar_uu5ZE7B.png

Press Conference for the week ending on Sunday September 6th.

1. In the league's first ever pity lottery tournament, we finished last from a group made up of the 6 worst teams in the league. Did you expect us to do so bad?

2. Did you enjoy the tournament anyway?

3. With the tournament now done, we are truly entering offseason mode. Suggest a trade we could make.

4. We're going golfing this weekend. Who do you think is the best among the United players and staff?

5. What's your favourite British insult?

6. I haven't read a book in ages. What's the last one you read?

1 - yeah that sucked. We started strong and then fell on our asses. Don't worry, though; we won't be in it next year.

2 - game one, sure

3 - bringing in a solid LW could be huge for us. Doesn't need to be a superstar, but a 400-500 tpe guy to play opposite me on the top line would be stellar.

4 - Probably Kidd. He's British and wealthy, I hear.

5 - Neuromancer, by William Gibson. The seminal piece of cyberpunk literature.

James Rose will now be taking a few questions:

1. In the league's first ever pity lottery tournament, we finished last from a group made up of the 6 worst teams in the league. Did you expect us to do so bad?

Well, we didn't plan on losing that much, so let's leave that in the past and look forward

2. Did you enjoy the tournament anyway?

It was just weird playing postseason hockey for no trophy or anything...

3. With the tournament now done, we are truly entering offseason mode. Suggest a trade we could make.

A veteran winger or defenseman, maybe a goalie?  Bleedn G had some great moments, but he's gone now.

4. We're going golfing this weekend. Who do you think is the best among the United players and staff?

I'll go on a limb here and say prospect Alec Volchenkov.  I suck at golf, unless it's a driving range or mini-golf haha

5. What's your favourite British insult?

Hahaha.... uhhhh... I dunno?.......Slag?

6. I haven't read a book in ages. What's the last one you read?

Endurance, the story of Ernest Shackleton