London United Press Conferences

McWolf

On 10/10/2021 at 10:13 AM, McWolf said:

LDN_Banner.png

1. Seeing how the team is performing now, and how we are transitioning to a younger roster, when would you say our contending window opens?

2. That Dude is on a pace to break the franchise season points record. Does he do it, and how many points does he finish the season with?

3. Which team are you rooting for this season?

4. Who is your favourite to win MVP this season?

5. Who do you sit with when we are on the road?

6. You can have whatever pet you want. Do you go typical or do you showoff and go for an exotic animal?

@der meister @Big Dee @Lazarus @Matmenzinger @Tbeez99 @Cornholio @Devise @SirRupertBarnes @Noxalpha @kentakira @Trunkxolotl @Jamomayo @Moon_50 @JCV @DrummerBoy15 @nhlbeastmode_7777 @Siddhus @Kelsier @Mr Bohannan @Ekky @usouj @ThatsGreissy

1. Two seasons from now is my guess. we need more depth in order to compete against the big boys. 

2. No shit? That’s amazing considering the number of great players that have come and gone through this organization over the two decades. I think I’ll break 100, but not much above that. 

3. London, London and London. Ok maybe Prague too since my agent had a previous player there for a long while. 

4. I’m I’m always rooting for a goaltender.  Those kind of special seasons are always inspiring to see. 

5. I sit with my imaginary friend Kirby. Kirby is so funny, insightful, he can swallow people and absorb their talents or even huff in air and float up there before transforming into a purple brick, dropping down and dish out concussions. 

6. I’m more of a cat/dog kind of person. No need to go too crazy out here folks. 

• 1 month later...

:ldn:LONDON UNITED PRESS CONFERENCE :ldn:

For Week Ending 11/28

1. Season 81 is about to begin. What kind of expectations do you have for the team heading in?

2. We managed to bring in GM McWolf's player in the draft. How important will that be for the team's future?

3. On the other side of things, we had quite a few players leave this past off-season. Are you confident that we will be able to get things settled?

4. Are you the type of person to vacation during an off-season, or would you rather spend your time at home?

5. What are your initial expectations for your player heading in to this season?

6. What is your boldest prediction for the upcoming season?

On 11/22/2021 at 7:42 AM, hylands said:

For Week Ending 11/28

1. Season 81 is about to begin. What kind of expectations do you have for the team heading in?

2. We managed to bring in GM McWolf's player in the draft. How important will that be for the team's future?

3. On the other side of things, we had quite a few players leave this past off-season. Are you confident that we will be able to get things settled?

4. Are you the type of person to vacation during an off-season, or would you rather spend your time at home?

5. What are your initial expectations for your player heading in to this season?

1. I still think we're rebuilding but maybe we'll shock some people

2. Helps the team chemistry so I'm excited

3. We have a lot of solid prospects so hopefully that'll help the future

4. Always take a vacation when you have the time

5. I hope to be a little more active so it'll be better for my player. Aiming for 80 points

6. London United and Calgary Flames are winning their respective leagues 

On 11/22/2021 at 9:42 AM, hylands said:

For Week Ending 11/28

1. Looking at the roster, not much. Seems like another tank season to be honest. Gotta be bad before you can be good!

2. Depends on how big of a contract he signs himself to ;)

3. Eventually, yes. Just not this season I dont think.

4. Yeah, not staying around for the rain. Tot heads back to the summers of Toronto for the off season.

5. Decent save percentage, high GAA. Already had a 71 shots against game, so I think I'm right.

6. That I'll be traded by the trade deadline >.> Rebuilding team, Im on the last year of my contract, so it makes sense.

:ldn:LONDON UNITED PRESS CONFERENCE :ldn:

For Week Ending 12/5

1. Have you been surprised by the team’s performance so far?

2. Who is your early vote for team MVP? Gotta be Tater Tot right?

3. How do you stay motivated when the losses seem to just keep piling up?

4. Do you think Tater Tot has a solid chance of breaking the saves record this season?

5. If you could have a sponsorship deal for your player, what would it be?

6. It’s your turn to choose the place we eat at after a big road win, where are you taking us?

On 12/2/2021 at 6:58 AM, hylands said:

:ldn:LONDON UNITED PRESS CONFERENCE :ldn:

For Week Ending 12/5

1. Have you been surprised by the team’s performance so far?

2. Who is your early vote for team MVP? Gotta be Tater Tot right?

3. How do you stay motivated when the losses seem to just keep piling up?

4. Do you think Tater Tot has a solid chance of breaking the saves record this season?

5. If you could have a sponsorship deal for your player, what would it be?

6. It’s your turn to choose the place we eat at after a big road win, where are you taking us?

1. I kind of expected this result given how small the team is

2.  Yes i'm going with Tot, his numbers are ridiculous 

3. Knowing things will get better and that our prospects will soon come up

4. Absolutely the dude is a monster

5. Tim Hortons so i could get free coffee and muffins

6. Tim Hortons so we could get coffee and muffins

• 1 month later...

image.png.a8d2b9a21b188fa29ab0e0385647f916.png

London United Press Conference

3 Questions Answered = 1 Capped TPE

6 Questions Answered = 2 Capped TPE

Please answer in full sentences

Week Ending February 6th, 2021

1. The season is beginning, what are you most excited about and what are you the most nervous about?

2. London drafted goaltender Cole Pearce with their first round pick, what are your thoughts on this? Pearce with fill a hole we had in goaltending, what do you expect from them in their first season and are you looking forward to seeing what they bring to the team?

3. No moves were made in free agency, do you think we missed out on anyone? What are your thoughts on the current roster?

4. Trivia is starting back up, is this something you are going to use as part of your weekly capped tpe or are you satisfied with the current options?

5. What are your thoughts on the new supplemental tpe task? Will you be using this as part of your weekly capped tpe or are you satisfied with the current options?

6. What do you expect from your player this upcoming season? What do you expect from the team this season? Do you think we will be playoff contenders or will we be in a rebuild at the bottom of the standings?

7. What is your favourite type of chocolate? (Dark, white, milk, raspberry, orange, etc.)

8. Are you an outdoors person or an indoors person? What’s your favourite activity to do either outdoors or indoors?

Edited by SpicyGecko

1 hour ago, SpicyGecko said:

image.png.a8d2b9a21b188fa29ab0e0385647f916.png

3 Questions Answered = 1 Capped TPE

6 Questions Answered = 2 Capped TPE

Week Ending February 6th, 2021

1. The season is beginning, what are you most excited about and what are you the most nervous about?

2. London drafted goaltender Cole Pearce with their first round pick, what are your thoughts on this? Pearce with fill a hole we had in goaltending, what do you expect from them in their first season and are you looking forward to seeing what they bring to the team?

3. No moves were made in free agency, do you think we missed out on anyone? What are your thoughts on the current roster?

4. Trivia is starting back up, is this something you are going to use as part of your weekly capped tpe or are you satisfied with the current options?

5. What are your thoughts on the new supplemental tpe task? Will you be using this as part of your weekly capped tpe or are you satisfied with the current options?

6. What do you expect from your player this upcoming season? What do you expect from the team this season? Do you think we will be playoff contenders or will we be in a rebuild at the bottom of the standings?

7. What is your favourite type of chocolate? (Dark, white, milk, raspberry, orange, etc.)

8. Are you an outdoors person or an indoors person? What’s your favourite activity to do either outdoors or indoors?

1. I'm excited I believe we have a better chance this year. I'm nervous about missing the playoffs as I've never made the playoffs in my VHL and VHLM career.

2. Losing Tater Tot is a tough but we got the number one goalie in the draft and he'll be a large asset to London for years to come.

3.  It would have been nice to get Sven back but like I said, the roster looks better than last year. 

4. I'll defiantly utilise it, I always used to do it which really helped my TPE.

5.  I honestly didn't hear about it

6. I don't really care about my individual stats I just wanna win. It'll be a tough season but with a couple moves I think we can compete for a spot.

7. Milk chocolate is the best .

8. I like the outdoors more and playing hockey is by far my favourite activity.

1. I cant wait to get called up if necessary during the season. Hoping to get to 350 sooner than later

2. I played with him in philly, he's a great guy and i believe he will be a wall throughout his whole career

4. I will obviously try to get to most tpe each week so yeah i stocked for something new. It will be easier to get the 12 capped.

5. Is that the game recap? Im excited for something new i might try it a few times to maximize my weekly tpe

6. I expect to start in the E and maybe if needed get called up in the VHL when ill hit 350 tpe

8. My fav outdoor activitie is to smoke 😅🤣 can hit the bong inside. But seriously driving  in the woods with my father's side by side is neat.

To be fair both can be answered with the same answer - Im the most excited and nervous about finally stepping on the VHL ice for the very first time!

I dont care that they drafted the goalie with their first pick, because goalie will be depending on the rest of the team anyways, so while you have good defence and offence the order does not matter. I expect everyone to do their job well!

I think that there were no moves to be made because London is obviously on rebuild and is getting the new talents, so oldies can stay where they are!

4. What are your thoughts on the new supplemental tpe task? Will you be using this as part of your weekly capped tpe or are you satisfied with the current options?

Must have missed something as I dont know what is the new supplemental TPE task, will have to check. When it comes to options, ye Im satisfied. I have my little routine and I just follow it each week!

5. What is your favourite type of chocolate? (Dark, white, milk, raspberry, orange, etc.)

I would say that my favourite chocolate is milk chocolate. My favourite chocolate bar would be Tupla.

6. Are you an outdoors person or an indoors person? What’s your favourite activity to do either outdoors or indoors?

By a large margin I am an indoors person, but I am not afraid of outdoors activities as I grew up with them. It's more about how I am as a person, I need to do something with a goal, not just cluelessly go places or walk around.

image.png.184db540f0eda919cb96e4d026df4f1a.png

3 Questions Answered = 1 TPE

2 Questions Answered = 2 TPE

Week Ending February 13th, 2022

1. We are 7-4-1 in our first 12 games played, how do you feel about our start to the season? How has your player performed?

2. We currently have 4 players in the top 10 rookies, does this show that our young guns are performing well or are the rest of the leagues rookies not performing as expected?

3. Our goaltender, Cole Pearce, is not in the top 10 for save percentage or goals against average. Is this a bump in the road, new blood jitters, or bad defense?

4. If you could recall TPA at any time without having to pay, what the first attribute you would recall and what would you spend that TPA on instead?

5. Favourite type of bread (sliced white, baguette, flat bread, etc.) and what do you like to eat it with (ham, salami, tomato, etc)?

6. Hot tea, iced tea or neither?

18 hours ago, SpicyGecko said:

1. We are 7-4-1 in our first 12 games played, how do you feel about our start to the season? How has your player performed?

2. We currently have 4 players in the top 10 rookies, does this show that our young guns are performing well or are the rest of the leagues rookies not performing as expected?

3. Our goaltender, Cole Pearce, is not in the top 10 for save percentage or goals against average. Is this a bump in the road, new blood jitters, or bad defense?

4. If you could recall TPA at any time without having to pay, what the first attribute you would recall and what would you spend that TPA on instead?

5. Favourite type of bread (sliced white, baguette, flat bread, etc.) and what do you like to eat it with (ham, salami, tomato, etc)?

1. I think we've done pretty well, I mean we are second in the conference and I hope we can keep that up. My player has been an absolute liability and needs to pick it up.

2. Our rookies are sick and the future is bright for the team.

3. Hard to say but as long as we're winning I'm not too worried.  

4. Probably recall from face-offs and add to skating.

5. Baguettes are pretty good with turkey and sprouts.

6. Hot tea is so much better. Iced tea is no good. 

Oh I feel great, but cannot let my guard down. Usually seasons start good for Matt, will see how it's gonna go and my player is performing fantatic.

Tbf I don't care what is the reason as that gives the team good motivation.

Whatever it might be, as long as he get back on his feet after each game, he will make it.

Hard to tell, because I focused all my TP on main stats that I need.

Rye Bread with some piece of cheese!

Ice Coffee. Recently learned how to make one at hom - perfect.

On 2/7/2022 at 2:04 PM, SpicyGecko said:

1. We are 7-4-1 in our first 12 games played, how do you feel about our start to the season? How has your player performed? My Player has preformed beyond expectations but our whole team has been playing outstanding!!

2. We currently have 4 players in the top 10 rookies, does this show that our young guns are performing well or are the rest of the leagues rookies not performing as expected? I think this shows our young guns are playing well! Our team is on fire! Its honestly unbelievable

3. Our goaltender, Cole Pearce, is not in the top 10 for save percentage or goals against average. Is this a bump in the road, new blood jitters, or bad defense? Cole Pearce is still young and has amazing potential, don't count him out just yet!

4. If you could recall TPA at any time without having to pay, what the first attribute you would recall and what would you spend that TPA on instead? I would recall PH and put it into my SC, DF and FO.

5. Favourite type of bread (sliced white, baguette, flat bread, etc.) and what do you like to eat it with (ham, salami, tomato, etc)? Im a fan of really any type of bread TBH, I can really choose 1.

6. Hot tea, iced tea or neither? Iced tea 100%

6 Questions Answered = 2 TPE

Week Ending February 20th, 2022

1. After 26 games we are 1st in the European Conference and tied for 2nd overall!!!! How do you feel about this and are you excited to see how we do in the next few weeks?

2. Our whole team is doing great but who’s performance stands out the most to you and why?

3. How is your performance so far this season? Is there anything you would like to improve on? 

4. What are your thoughts on the upcoming All Star Weekend? Are you excited to see what happens or are you just focused on the season. 

5. What is your favourite Olympic Sport to watch and why?

6. Did you watch the Super Bowl? If so how did you celebrate the weekend and which team did you cheer for?

56 minutes ago, SpicyGecko said:

Week Ending February 20th, 2022

1. After 26 games we are 1st in the European Conference and tied for 2nd overall!!!! How do you feel about this and are you excited to see how we do in the next few weeks?

2. Our whole team is doing great but who’s performance stands out the most to you and why?

3. How is your performance so far this season? Is there anything you would like to improve on? 

4. What are your thoughts on the upcoming All Star Weekend? Are you excited to see what happens or are you just focused on the season. 

6. Did you watch the Super Bowl? If so how did you celebrate the weekend and which team did you cheer for?

1. I'm stoked, we're a young team yet we're still winning non stop. The future certainly is bright this season and beyond.

2. Hard not to highlight Zaza, he's the youngest on the team but has been a key part to out scoring success.

3. I'm starting to improve in terms of points but the +/- needs improvement.

4.  I'm trying to stay focused on the team but I'm excited for Nils.

5.  Other than hockey, probably snowboard cross. I like the race element to it

6. I didn't celebrate much but I watched and was cheering for Cincy

Of course Im excited! I came to London with rumours that London sucks, but now we are on top with the hard work!

Mine! Cuz Im the best! Rest of the guys are fine as well!

I think my performance is actually great and the statistics show that. I guess I could improve on actual scoring, considering my assists are close to goals, but my passing skill is not close to scoring skill.

To be fair as I was not picked for the all star weekend, then Im just focused on the season.

Ice Hockey for obvious reasons!

I did not watch the super bowl as Im from Europe, so the interest in that sport is small.

Week Ending February 27th, 2022

1. We are at the top of our conference and have been for pretty much the whole season. Can we keep it up? With half of the season still to go will we finish at the top?

2. How do you feel the ambience is in our locker room right now? With all the rookies carrying the team and the few veterans we have taking a supportive role how do you feel about that?

3. What team is your favourite to play against? Which is your least favourite?

4. If the league were to expand what city would they go to and what would the team be called?

5. Our team is currently at a lull and we are coasting until the playoffs come. So there something the team or the league can do to spice things up during the season?

6. When the United visited the Queen on our annual visit, what did the Queen say to your player when they met?

13 hours ago, SpicyGecko said:

Week Ending February 27th, 2022

1. We are at the top of our conference and have been for pretty much the whole season. Can we keep it up? With half of the season still to go will we finish at the top?

2. How do you feel the ambience is in our locker room right now? With all the rookies carrying the team and the few veterans we have taking a supportive role how do you feel about that?

4. If the league were to expand what city would they go to and what would the team be called?

5. Our team is currently at a lull and we are coasting until the playoffs come. So there something the team or the league can do to spice things up during the season?

6. When the United visited the Queen on our annual visit, what did the Queen say to your player when they met?

1. I don't see why not, we have the easier conference in terms of the top teams so if we held the lead this long, we can keep it. 

2. It's been a lot more active than the past couple seasons so it's good to see the team excited again. I don't mind supporting, that's my job this season. 

3. Warsaw is my favourite because they're our main rival. Vancouver is my least favourite because they're so good. 

4. Winnipeg Wheat Eaters

5. I don't know, find a supporting goalie for Pearce. 

6. I'm her favourite.   

• 2 weeks later...

-Oh hell yes we can! All we have to do is to keep grinding as hard as we have and we will stay where we are!

-As one of the rookies who is carrying the team I feel blessed to have the veterans having our backs. Im a team player, so I know that I would be happy for the team wins while still doing my best to support whatever way we win.

-To be fair I don't have my favourite team to play against, but my least favourite teams are the ones that we haven't managed to beat this season.

-Uuuu, this is a good one. Let's go with the current worlds support and say - Ukraine. And the team would be called Chernobyl Atoms!

-Have no idea what "lull" means, but I dont think we need to spice things up as every game is spicy enough to stay on top!

-Thank you for not being another football player!