LA Stars Press Conference

Josh

15 minutes ago, Brewins15 said:

Press conference starting May 17th:

1. How has your off season been?

2. Season starts soon. how excited are you?

3. If you were to play another sport what would it be?

4. Predict how many wins LA will have this season.

5. Is LA winning the cup this year?

6. Can you do anything with nothing?

1.) Good, glad to just relax and relive the Founders Cup winning experience

2.) Excited af, first chance in the VHL baby

3.) Irl: I fence and do track but I'd prob would do soccer if it was possible

4.) I think we'll win around 72.5% of our games

5.) I'll say this every year... yes

6.) Well you see... with nothing you have empty space however that empty space is space but it's nothing so it isn't space.  Therefore it is just some bit of empty matter.  But it's nothing so it isn't matter.  So it doesn't exist, therefore it is impossible.  But nothing is impossible according to every cliche adult.  Therefore it is possible.  Then with nothing you can make nothing exist, which is doing something because it is hard to get nothing and it is making the impossible possible.  And with the impossible being possible you are doing something.  So you can do anything with nothing.

1.     How has your off season been?

Great, I feel refreshed and ready to start a new season. I was able to remove unnecessary burdens from my life and now can focus 100% of playing hockey this season.

2.     Season starts soon. how excited are you?

Super excited. I think we have a really good chance to do well.

3.     If you were to play another sport what would it be?

Hockey is such a rough and tumble, physical game. I think I’d do a sport less strenuous, maybe like golf or bowling. Although those might not be sports, depending on who you ask.

4.     Predict how many wins LA will have this season.

I think there are some really good teams in North America, so as much as I want to go with something 60+, I’ll say 55

5.     Is LA winning the cup this year?

It’s not going to be easy, but I think we have what it takes to win the cup.

6.     Can you do anything with nothing?

This feels like a Seinfeld joke. You could add anything to nothing to make it something.

Fun filled non stop excitement. It's been a party every night. I think it should end soon since the season started.

I am giddy as a school girl. I think we will see a few players really have great seasons.

Competitive Checkers has a place in my heart. Or, a fireman. 

We should be close to last season I would hope

That is what every player on the team hopes. I believe anything could happen.

I know a guy that built a shopping mall out of chewing gum and a paper clip so yes, you can do something with nothing.

Good, this offseason was my VHL draft, so that is always exciting.  Happy to be drafted by LA. 💪

Really excited, I'm still in the M but looking forward to showing my stuff.

Instead of flexing my physical muscles, I would flex my brain and play chess.

Tough to say so early in the season, but I will go with 45 to 50 wins easy.

I certainly think it's a possibility.

Yeah for sure, I do something with nothing all the time.

On 5/18/2021 at 7:58 PM, Brewins15 said:

Press conference starting May 17th:

1. Good, I trained a lot which gave me a lot of TPE.

2. I’m pretty excited, I think we’re going to do really good in the regular season.

3. Football, it has the same intensity as hockey

4. I’m going to say 40 to 45. 
5. Depends how strong your imagination is

Press Conference week starting may 25:

1. Your thoughts on how the team has done so far? Did you expect better or worse?

2. What is the teams biggest weak point and how do you think we can go about fixing it?

3. What has worked well so far this season?

4. What songs always gets you hyped up before a game? Who's the Locker Room DJ?

5. For your player what do you need to improve on for the overall team to be successful?

6. what is something that you can't live without? What is something you could totally live without?

1.     Your thoughts on how the team has done so far? Did you expect better or worse?

Honestly I thought we’d be doing better than how we’re doing. But I’m not worried, we have a talented team.

2.     What is the teams biggest weak point and how do you think we can go about fixing it?

Surprisingly it seems like scoring is our current weak point. I think some new lines and updated strategy will help us out there.

3.     What has worked well so far this season?

I think our defense and goalie have saved us so far. They’re holding down the fort while the offense is figuring out how to click.

4.     What songs always gets you hyped up before a game? Who's the Locker Room DJ?

We have an egalitarian system, everyone gets to be the DJ. Being from Brazil, I have to represent some Brazilian Funk, I love “Rap da Felicidade” from Cidinho e Doca.

5.     For your player what do you need to improve on for the overall team to be successful?

I need to score more. Scoring goals is what’s expected of me and I need to deliver.

6.     what is something that you can't live without? What is something you could totally live without?

I can’t live without my hockey stick! Seriously I carry it around with me everywhere! I could totally live without all this LA traffic.

1. Your thoughts on how the team has done so far? Did you expect better or worse?

I hoped for better but expected a rollercoaster season.

2. What is the teams biggest weak point and how do you think we can go about fixing it?

We have talent. Hard to get all the players working at the same time.

3. What has worked well so far this season?

It's hard to tell. We play really good at both ends of the ice and then completely don't show up for the next game. 

4. What songs always gets you hyped up before a game? Who's the Locker Room DJ?

Josh gets us going in the locker room. He keeps playing everything in his Bee Gee's collection. Makes us want to hit the ice fast.

5. For your player what do you need to improve on for the overall team to be successful?

I have to score more but I think I am where I expected to be.

6. what is something that you can't live without? What is something you could totally live without?

Red meat has been my steady diet for years so I won't want to be without real meat. Tofu...wtf is that shit.

LA PC starting May 31st

1. we currently sit 11th overall in the standings. Is this worse, better or just about where you expected LA to be? Where did you expect us to be?

2. Is hockey more of a mental or physical game? what percent of each? (ex: 30% mental 70% Physical)

3. What is your favorite pregame meal? why do you like it so much?

4. If you had to bring in another team what city would you put it in and what would their logo be?

5. What's the worst are the parts of being on the road?

6. What are the keys to being a successful team?

1.     we currently sit 11th overall in the standings. Is this worse, better or just about where you expected LA to be? Where did you expect us to be?

I have to be honest, this is much worse than what I expected. I thought we’d be in first or second place, not out of the playoffs. The good news is, there’s a bunch of the season left so we have a lot of opportunities to improve ourselves.

2.     Is hockey more of a mental or physical game? what percent of each? (ex: 30% mental 70% Physical)

I think the mental part is a huge component of your preparation. You want to think as little as possible on the ice, just execute. But to get to that point, you have to put in a ton of mental work during our practice and film sessions. You have to understand the system so well that you’re able to not think on the ice. To give exact percentages I’d say 60% mental 40% physical.

3.     What is your favorite pregame meal? why do you like it so much?

I’ve always loved a big plate of spaghetti before a game. I loved it as a kid and still do. It’s a great pregame meal because of all the carbs and good sugar to power you through the game. Plus it’s delicious.

4.     If you had to bring in another team what city would you put it in and what would their logo be?

I’d love for a team to go to my home country, Brazil. It could go in Rio, but I think a team to represent the entire country is better. I’d call them the Brazil Beauties because everything and everyone in Brazil is beautiful. The logo should represent the natural beauty of our Amazon Rainforests.

5.     What's the worst are the parts of being on the road?

Packing and unpacking a suitcase. It just sucks to have to do it over and over and over.

6.     What are the keys to being a successful team?

Everyone has to be on the same page. Owners, office staff, coaches, players. We all have to share the same vision, goals, and path to achieve those goals. If we are all united, we’ll be successful.

1. we currently sit 11th overall in the standings. Is this worse, better or just about where you expected LA to be? Where did you expect us to be?

I thought we would be right at the top or at least in a solid playoff position. I think we are finding our groove and we should finish in a decent spot.

2. Is hockey more of a mental or physical game? what percent of each? (ex: 30% mental 70% Physical)

Well I can't speak for others, but Merrick isn't a deep thinker and once on the ice, he just stays with the game plan. ( 10 mental/ 80 physical/ 10 supernatural )

3. What is your favorite pregame meal? why do you like it so much?

I am more of a light eater but high hydrator before every game. After the games I love a big Ribeye steak.

4. If you had to bring in another team what city would you put it in and what would their logo be?

Any city in Jamaica with a logo of a Bob Marley. 

5. What's the worst parts of being on the road?

I don't mind being on the road but if I had to pick one thing I don't like about it, I would say not every city has the best bars to visit.

6. What are the keys to being a successful team?

It's a team sport and you  have to support the team on and off the ice. We are a tight group and I think that helps a lot with our success and helps us work through the not so successful stints.

LA press conference starting June 7th

1. As it starts to warm up what is your players favorite activity to do on a hot summer day?

2. What type of workout do you absolutely hate? what's so bad about it?

3. Trade deadline is quickly approaching any suggestions for what should happen?

4. Is you could have one attribute that would never deprecate below 99 what skill would it be? why?

5. What do you believe is the most important attribute for a player? why?

6. As we are around midway through the season do you think LA will make the playoffs with how things are looking? What needs to happen to ensure they LA does?

1. As it starts to warm up what is your players favorite activity to do on a hot summer day?

stand in front of the air conditioner 

I am terrible at running. I do it, but I still hate it.

3. Trade deadline is quickly approaching any suggestions for what should happen?

I leave that to our GM! 

4. Is you could have one attribute that would never deprecate below 99 what skill would it be? why?

Skating.

Skating because it helps in all areas of the ice.

6. As we are around midway through the season do you think LA will make the playoffs with how things are looking? What needs to happen to ensure they LA does?

I think we need to keep grinding and we'll find a way to get it done.

1.     As it starts to warm up what is your players favorite activity to do on a hot summer day?

There is nothing like relaxing by the pool or even better, the ocean on a hot summer day.  When it’s hot, you have to be close to water.

2.     What type of workout do you absolutely hate? what's so bad about it?

I have a love/hate relationship with squats. They’re extremely beneficial and rewarding, but man why are they so tough?

3.     Trade deadline is quickly approaching any suggestions for what should happen?

Since we’re on the outside looking in, I think something should change. Based on my poor performance this season, I’d be surprised if I wasn’t shipped off somewhere.

4.     Is you could have one attribute that would never deprecate below 99 what skill would it be? why?

I think scoring. Scoring is how you win games, so it would make sense to permanently keep that one highest.

5.     What do you believe is the most important attribute for a player? why?

I think a strong mental focus is the most important attribute. Look, we’re all amazing athletes, we wouldn’t be playing at this level if we weren’t. The thing that separates the best from the rest is how strong their mind and willpower is.

6.     As we are around midway through the season do you think LA will make the playoffs with how things are looking? What needs to happen to ensure they LA does?

It’s a little worrisome that we’re not higher in the standings at this point. I think we have a talented enough team to not only make the playoffs, but to excel. It just seems like we don’t click all the time. Maybe we need some new lines or a change to our overall strategy.

He just sits around and drinks beer and watches sports on his TV.

Having to get up and walk to the fridge for more beer.

Trade anyone that would bring something better to the team.

Defense. Got to have good defense if you want to win games.

Scoring but it is just one part of this silly puzzle.

I would hope so. You can't really tell until it's too late.

Press Conference week starting June 14th

1. The trade deadline has now passed. What do you think was the biggest move throughout the vhl this season?

2. If you could change any rule in the vhl what would it be?

3. What does your player HAVE to have in the locker room at all times? A good luck charm? Snacks?

4. Who is LAs biggest rival? what does that change in terms of how you play against them?

5.  Do you have any game day superstitions? if so what are they?

6. Whats the strangest thing you have heard in the locker room?

1.     The trade deadline has now passed. What do you think was the biggest move throughout the vhl this season?

I’m not sure about a single trade that was the biggest move, but both London and Toronto made a lot of moves this season.

2.     If you could change any rule in the vhl what would it be?

I’d change the forced retirement rule. Let a player play as long as they want!

3.     What does your player HAVE to have in the locker room at all times? A good luck charm? Snacks?

I have to have my lucky roll of tape. Sure it’s old an unusable, but it has to be in my hockey bag or things will go really bad. Actually let me go check on that, maybe that’s the reason I’ve been terrible this season.

4.     Who is LAs biggest rival? what does that change in terms of how you play against them?

I think Seattle is, because they knocked us out of the playoffs last season.

5.     Do you have any game day superstitions? if so what are they?

I’m not superstitious, only a little stitious. The tape roll I talked about earlier is really my only one. On gameday, I have to keep my mind focused on playing, I can’t worry about putting equipment on in the right way, or tucking a jersey in some way. Focusing on the game is what matters.

6.     Whats the strangest thing you have heard in the locker room?

Well without getting too disgusting, let’s just say someone, who shall remain nameless, took a risk on a fart and lost. That was an interesting sound to be sure.

1. The trade deadline has now passed. What do you think was the biggest move throughout the vhl this season?

Nothing huge, just a couple of teams made moves. I can't think of anything that was a blockbuster.

2. If you could change any rule in the vhl what would it be?

I think the games a backup goalie plays should be adjusted. If you have a rookie goalie that is active, give them a few more games but if it's a bot, make them play less.

3. What does your player HAVE to have in the locker room at all times? A good luck charm? Snacks?

I have a bobble head doll of Josh that I keep in the locker. 

4. Who is LAs biggest rival? what does that change in terms of how you play against them?

The whole division is our rival. Top to bottom.

5.  Do you have any game day superstitions? if so what are they?

I have a certain way I put on my bra and panties. More of a routine than a superstition.

6. Whats the strangest thing you have heard in the locker room?

Well, there are lots of strange things being said but one time it involved a donkey, midget and a lady of the night. 

Press Conference starting June 21st

1. what's your go-to shootout move?

2. How much do the fans have an impact on how you play at home?

3.  If you had to pick an alternative logo for LA what would it be? What color would the jersey be?

4. What's the bets piece of advice a coach or gm has given you?

5. Do you feel pressure to preform well? If so does that motivate you or does it make it harder?

6. Where's your favorite vacation spot?

1.     what's your go-to shootout move?

I do a modified version of a soccer move called the elastico. It’s basically a move where you start going to the left, then quickly cut back to the right, all while maintaining the puck on the stick. This allows you to quickly shoot the pick as you move to the right.

2.     How much do the fans have an impact on how you play at home?

There’s nothing like feeling the energy of your fans supporting you. It’s able to lift your soul and spirit.

3.     If you had to pick an alternative logo for LA what would it be? What color would the jersey be?

When I think of LA, I think of Hollywood, which makes sense for the team name, “Stars”. Hollywood makes me think of glitz, glamour, and the color gold. I would want the alternate logo to represent Hollywood, maybe some spotlights, a marquee, movie stuff. Of course, gold would be the prominent color.

4.     What's the bets piece of advice a coach or gm has given you?

You can only control your own actions and your own response. Focus only on yourself, let other people worry about themselves.

5.     Do you feel pressure to preform well? If so does that motivate you or does it make it harder?

I was the 1st overall pick, I definitely feel pressure to perform well, to meet the expectations of the team and the fans. Based on my performance this season, I would say the pressure is making it harder on me because I’m not producing results.

6.     Where's your favorite vacation spot?

There’s so much of the world I haven’t seen yet, so I don’t really know. Since I’ve been away from Brazil for so long, going home now feels like a vacation. So I guess my homeland is my current favorite place for a vacation.

1. what's your go-to shootout move?

I like to skate really fast, drop a shoulder, then turn right or left and lift the puck over the goalie.

2. How much do the fans have an impact on how you play at home?

It's always fun to play in your own barn. The energy from the fans really pumps you up.

3.  If you had to pick an alternative logo for LA what would it be? What color would the jersey be?

Being a border state, I would have a logo appropriate to honor our fans from south of the border.

4. What's the bets piece of advice a coach or gm has given you?

Stay with the game plan and go out there and make a difference.

5. Do you feel pressure to preform well? If so does that motivate you or does it make it harder?

You always want to play good. I wouldn't call it pressure, it's more like excitement and drive to do your best.

6. Where's your favorite vacation spot?

I think home is my favorite vacation location. After always being on the road or busy with the season, there is no place like home.

Press Conference starting week of June 28th

1. The season has come to a close for LA. What are your overall thoughts on the teams play?

2. How do you feel your player did individually? worse or better than you expected?

3. Who would you pick as MVP this season? Why?

4. What should LA acquire this off-season to make a better team?

5. LA is going to have a new agm going forward. Thoughts on the new hire? 

6. What's your go to meal at a restaurant?

1.     The season has come to a close for LA. What are your overall thoughts on the teams play?

I can’t help but be disappointed. I legitimately felt like we had a team with the potential to win a cup. To not even make the playoffs is a big let down.

2.     How do you feel your player did individually? worse or better than you expected?

Pistil had a terrible season, there’s no way around it. Coming off a solid season last year, I expected the trend to continue upward, or at least get a point a game. Pistil only had 38 points all season, much worse than expected.

3.     Who would you pick as MVP this season? Why?

Jeffrey Pines has to be the team’s MVP for the season. He was the leader in points, hits, game winning goals. For the league, I’d go with Aloe Dear.

4.     What should LA acquire this off-season to make a better team?

It’s tough to not question our offense after having the 2nd worst goals for in the league. But I think we still need to secure a solid 4th defenseman.

5.     LA is going to have a new agm going forward. Thoughts on the new hire? 

It’s funny that the rory and brewins just swapped positions basically. Congrats to both of them.

6.     What's your go to meal at a restaurant?

I like to try new things, especially at restaurants. I’m not sure I’ll ever order the same item at a restaurant, so I don’t think I have a go to meal. I do really love French onion soup, so it is pretty tough for me to not order that when it’s on the menu.

1. The season has come to a close for LA. What are your overall thoughts on the teams play?

I thought we never really played to our potential though we did have signs of really good play often.

2. How do you feel your player did individually? worse or better than you expected?

Merrick had his lowest points season to date. That said, he still finished just at a point per game so I can't be unhappy with that.

3. Who would you pick as MVP this season? Why?

I think Pines would be the MVP. He lead in scoring and was there when others were struggling.

4. What should LA acquire this off-season to make a better team?

Not sure really. I thought we had a good mix of talent and it didn't really seem to get us to that next level.

5. LA is going to have a new agm going forward. Thoughts on the new hire? 

I use the "wait and see" approach.

6. What's your go to meal at a restaurant?

Ribeye steak and mashed potatoes with gravey.

Welcome to my press conference

1. Who you got winning the cup? How many games?
2. What are the big offseason moves to make us good again?

3. How hyped are you for the Draft Lottery Tournament?
4. What's the best thing to do in an LA summer?

5. Favourite type of food to get before a home game?

6. What's your favourite city to visit during road trips??