LA Stars Press Conference

Josh

On 9/18/2021 at 1:26 AM, rory said:

1. What does your player do during the offseason?

2. Arvid Johansson is off to the VHLE, how did he contribute to LA's success last season?
3. How would your player react to being in a veteran role on a new VHLE team, like Johannsson will?
4. We're training a robot to create VHL drama threads and need some thread names to feed it. Please help.

5. Which player is your dream teammate?

6. What other languages do you want to know/are interested in?

1. For the media’s ears Williams trains hard and is on the ice lots (h’s and booger sugar).

2. For an S78 defenceman I’d say not that bad.

3. Would be fun but the VHL is where it’s at.

4. I don’t know VHL drama but this is exciting.

5. Jeffrey Pines

6. Spanish, the girls are baddddd

Edited by ajwllmsn

1. What does your player do during the offseason?

Beer, babes and beaches. That's all that matters. 😎

2. Arvid Johansson is off to the VHLE, how did he contribute to LA's success last season?

I wasn't around, but he chipped in on offense every now and then along with pretty good defensive numbers. That's solid from a depth defenseman. 

3. How would your player react to being in a veteran role on a new VHLE team, like Johannsson will?

It would be a bummer after spending a full season in the show. I know he was traded, but Moscow looks pretty good as well. He's missing out on a chance at a playoff run.

4. We're training a robot to create VHL drama threads and need some thread names to feed it. Please help.

Bek retires as VHL Commish (EMOTIONAL)

Several VHL elite suspended after many multis are discovered (JUICY)

Seattle Bears GM position opening (BANA DONE FOR GOOD?!)

All forms of welfare decreased by 1 TPE (THE END OF CLICKERS???)

Tom Brady is taking his talent to the VHL (TB12 TAKEOVER?)

5. Which player is your dream teammate?

A Florida man needs his Florida woman. 

6. What other languages do you want to know/are interested in?

Sign language would be cool to learn. You could technically communicate with anybody using it. Unless they don't have hands. That would be difficult.

1. What are your goals for the season?

2. Who is going to be our toughest competition?

3. What were the biggest offseason moves?

4. Do you workout and train during the offseason? Or do you relax and enjoy the vacation?

5. Chocolate or other sweets?

6. What is your favorite kind of bread?

1.     What are your goals for the season?

I had a great season last season. I’d like to play at that same level or even better. In terms of raw numbers, getting over 100 points is a great goal for me.

2.     Who is going to be our toughest competition?

I think New York is the other best team in NA. Both Moscow and of course Malmo look really good from Europe.

3.     What were the biggest offseason moves?

I think Moscow made a ton of moves to make themselves a real contender.

4.     Do you workout and train during the offseason? Or do you relax and enjoy the vacation?

Of course you have to take some time to relax and breathe a sign of relief. But being a professional athlete is a full-time job, there is no off-season.

5.     Chocolate or other sweets?

I love chocolate. That’s not to say there’s not a million other good sweets, because there are. But if I’m forced to choose, chocolate wins out every time.

6.     What is your favorite kind of bread?

Depends on the situation really. I’m a sucker for sweeter bread like banana or zucchini chocolate chip. But a good old fashioned loaf of Italian bread fits almost every situation.

I honestly don't have a sweet clue how the VHLE scoring is gonna look. Just hope to contribute and have a chance to win the whole thing.

Malmo, Moscow and Prague look the best at the moment, but anything can happen with the lack of high end goalies this season.

Seattle got rid of every player over 600 TPA. So it looks like they're going to miss the playoffs for the first time since I can remember. 

4. Do you workout and train during the offseason? Or do you relax and enjoy the vacation?

Nothing like drinking a ton of beer to prep for the upcoming season.

I don't usually mind, but I'd say chocolate is superior.

Moist Sour Cream White Bread Recipe

Merrick would like to finish out his career with at least a point per game. Winning the cup is the main focus.

At this point, every team is tough.

Well we have some good players that were  brought in. I guess during the season we will know who has the biggest impact.

I chill for the most part.

Chocolate of course.

I like French bread baked with garlic and cheese.

I'd like to have more points than I did last season, and team wise get back into the playoffs.

NA looking tight again, DC, Calgary, and Van coming out strong to start the season.

I think it was all the work Moscow did.  Made themselves look good enough to land a big free agent in RaRa.

I try to keep up with strength and conditioning during the offseason.  I accept that there may be a few days here and there that I miss a workout.

I definitely have a sweet tooth.  It's rare to find a bad chocolate though.  It mixes well with so many things.

I'm so basic and love just white bread.  But there are other good ones to.  Honey wheat, Italian, and of course French.

On 9/22/2021 at 1:28 PM, rory said:

1. To help LA make the playoffs and hopefully go for a deep run. Also to win ROTY.

2. Vancouver probably, we're 1-2 against them so far but they're very good this season.

3. AJ Williams being called up.

4. Both, need the body to stay in shape but also need relaxation to stay sane.

5. Chocolate >>>

6. I'm a big multi grain guy, don't know why or how but I am.

• I'd like for the team to make the playoffs and I want to stay at or near a point a game.

• Everyone is really competitive in the NA, except Toronto. Vancouver and Calgary are probably out of our grasp so the other 4 teams are in direct competition for us in making the playoffs/seeding.

• Malmo maintaining as much talent as they did. I haven't seen a team so ready to repeat in the VHL in a while.

• A little bit of both. Can't let the fitness get too out of hand but its important to enjoy.

• I like gummies and sour candies most.

• All bread is my favorite type of bread! Bread is delicious!

I'll ask a PC!

1. What are your thoughts about the Stars impending rebuild?

2. Who do you think will be next player traded after Pines?

3. Which team will be the biggest buyer as we head to the deadline?

4. We are a little over a quarter through the season, who is your quarter season MVP?

5. Autumn has come which means it is pie season, what is your favorite type of pie?

6. What is your goal-song? 

Edited by GreenGato

• Seems pretty inevitable at this point in the season. Seattle did a great job already and I hope LA can do as good of a job.

• Stamen has the contract length and TPA to be the next most sought after asset.

• Chicago could use 2 more forwards and 2 defensemen so it could be them but that is also a tall talk. I'm thinking that Moscow needs one more good forward and very good defensemen to pretty much be guaranteed the cup so I'm betting on them. 

4. We are a little over a quarter through the season, who is your quarter season MVP?

• Markus Emerson has been sensational for Vancouver. They are stacked but they would not be so far ahead of the league without him.

5. Autumn has come which means it is pie season, what is your favorite type of pie?

• I am a sucker for pumpkin pie.

• I'll take anything by The Strokes.

Can't always get what you want. It's unfortunate that the season has gone this way, but if you can't win no matter what you try. It was time to move on. 

All I know is nobody has spoken to me about being traded. It's not really my place to guess who will be traded.

Maybe Chicago. Their window is closing pretty soon anyway.

Probably Emerson Jr. He's top 5 in most goalie statistics and Vancouver is in first right now.

There's a peanut butter cookies and cream kind that my aunt makes for Thanksgiving every year that I really like. 

Nothing in specific. I'll take whatever they put on for me.

• 1 month later...

LA STARS PRESS CONFERENCE 

8DVBTAW.png       NOVEMBER 11TH, 2021      8DVBTAW.png   

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 

1. It is now the off-season, and multiple trades and signings have been made already. Are you pleased with the moves the team has made so far?

2.  Are there any other needs the team has that you think should be addressed before the start of S81?

3. What do you hope to achieve in S81?

4. What do you think has been the most surprising storyline in the NHL this season?

5. Who are your 2 current favourite athletes to watch?

6. Are the Edmonton Oilers really as good this year as rory thinks?

1. Big fan of the acquisitions so far. Really hope we can make the most of them.

2. Adding Florida Man, but that's more of a me problem. I gotta work my way into the lineup. It likely won't happen right away, but hopefully I can do that sometime soon.

3. I'd like to be a hell of a lot better than I was last season. Good not great. Just need to find that next gear. 

4. I'm a Hawks fan, so I gotta be a homer here. Despite a poor start from the entire team, Seth Jones has been much better than I initially expected. Analytics nerds beware, he could go on a heater this year. 

5. Patrick Kane and McDavid. Kaner is my guy, and McDavid is just filthy. 

6. I think they're the real deal. Will they win the cup this year? It's possible. Definitely in the mix, but there's a long season ahead of us.

1.       It is now the off-season, and multiple trades and signings have been made already. Are you pleased with the moves the team has made so far?

Yes I think it’s great to see this team making moves that make our team immediately stronger. It’s looking like we’ll have a stacked roster and no excuses.

2.       Are there any other needs the team has that you think should be addressed before the start of S81?

I think it goes without saying that we need to have strong goaltending to win it all.

3.       What do you hope to achieve in S81?

I want to win a cup. I don’t care much about my personal performance, but I expect to have another season with over 100 points.

4.       What do you think has been the most surprising storyline in the NHL this season?

I barely watch the NHL and don’t really follow what’s happening with any other team besides the Buffalo Sabres, so I guess how well Buffalo started? Also how well some of the players in Rochester are playing.

5.       Who are your 2 current favourite athletes to watch?

I’ve got to give it up to my boy Christian Pulisic, scoring a huge goal against Mexico in World Cup qualifying and Josh Allen, the Buffalo Bills QB.

6.       Are the Edmonton Oilers really as good this year as rory thinks?

Well, I don’t really know what rory expects from Edmonton and I don’t really know how good they are. Regardless, I will side with my GM and say yes, Edmonton is as good as rory thinks.

1. It is now the off-season, and multiple trades and signings have been made already. Are you pleased with the moves the team has made so far?

Yeah I think we have been making good moves, hopefully everything works out in our favor.

2.  Are there any other needs the team has that you think should be addressed before the start of S81?

We definitely need to get a solid goaltender if we are planning on doing anything.

3. What do you hope to achieve in S81?

Obviously want to win the cup, but want to really step up my game this season and show my true potential

4. What do you think has been the most surprising storyline in the NHL this season?

I've been busy and haven't followed as much as much so far compared to normal.  My Avalanche have had a poor start but I believe that is injury related.

5. Who are your 2 current favourite athletes to watch?

Well I would say F1 driver Max Verstappen and Avalanche Centerman Nathan MacKinnon

6. Are the Edmonton Oilers really as good this year as rory thinks?

Unlikely, rory probably thinks they will win every remaining game this season.

8DVBTAW.png       NOVEMBER 18TH, 2021      8DVBTAW.png   

1. Free Agency starts today.  Thoughts on how it's played out so far? Any signings you like or dislike?

2.  Our roster is coming together, with many new faces.  Do you think the group will mesh well or need some time to develop chemistry?

3. What has been the highlight of your off season so far?

3. What are your thoughts on the new VHLE conferences? Necessary or pointless?

5. What is your favourite city or town to visit during the off season?

6. Are you a gamer? If so, do you play on Xbox, Playstation, or PC? What game are you currently playing?

Edited by v.2

1. Free Agency starts today.  Thoughts on how it's played out so far? Any signings you like or dislike?

I think everything is going according to plan.

2.  Our roster is coming together, with many new faces.  Do you think the group will mesh well or need some time to develop chemistry?

It should. Great leadership and game plan. LA will be good.

I washed my car. I forgot what color it is.

I really don't know yet but will know more next season if it was a good or bad idea.

5. What is your favorite city or town to visit during the off season?

Any town I can park my van, down by the water.

6. Are you a gamer? If so, do you play on Xbox, Playstation, or PC? What game are you currently playing?

Yes, I game. Xbox, Playstation and PC. I play everything from racing games to first shooters to MMO's.

1.    Free Agency starts today.  Thoughts on how it's played out so far? Any signings you like or dislike?

I don’t think we could have asked for a better free agency period. The players we signed filled areas of need and we now have one of the most complete rosters in the league.

2.    Our roster is coming together, with many new faces.  Do you think the group will mesh well or need some time to develop chemistry?

From the players perspective, we’re already clicking. Everyone seems positive and excited for a great season. We’ll see how that translates to the ice. I know our staff will be closely watching our performance and making the necessary tweaks if we’re not meshing, so I’m not worried about a couple bumps in the road if we encounter them.

3.    What has been the highlight of your off season so far?

I was able to help Team World win a bronze medal in the World Cup. I think we underperformed a little, but it was still nice to come away with a medal. It’s always a highlight to play in international tournaments.

4.    What are your thoughts on the new VHLE conferences? Necessary or pointless?

I don’t understand the point of conferences if it’s not going to change the schedule. If all the teams play each other the same number of times, then it is pointless. If the schedule is modified and you play in conference teams more than non-conference team, I guess that makes some sense because you can create rivalries, but I’m not sure that’s the case here. Verdict: pointless.

5.    What is your favourite city or town to visit during the off season?

Depends on the time of year for the off-season, but I like to travel to places I’ve never been. I prefer warm weather, so if you have a nice beach, you’re my favorite place at that moment.

6.    Are you a gamer? If so, do you play on Xbox, Playstation, or PC? What game are you currently playing?

I play video games, although I’m not sure I’d wear the moniker “gamer” because my playing is fairly infrequent. I play on PC and Switch. Current games are Civilization 6 on PC and Mario Golf, Spiritfarer, and Animal Crossing on Switch. At some point in the future I plan on getting a new Xbox or PS5, but it might be a while before I do for various reasons.

I think our signings have been good.  We are a playoff team for sure, we will see just how good we are then.

These things usually take time, but maybe new GM Rory will nail it right form the get go.  The talent is there though.

Just being able to kick back and relax honestly.  

4. What are your thoughts on the new VHLE conferences? Necessary or pointless?

I think conferences are a good thing.  It's something that can help promote rivalry.

5. What is your favorite city or town to visit during the off season?

I also enjoy going back home to France and visiting family in cities and towns back home.

I mostly play on PC, but cmon no love for the switch??  I have been playing a lot of the digital adaptation of Gloomhaven lately.

On 11/18/2021 at 2:45 AM, v.2 said:

8DVBTAW.png       NOVEMBER 18TH, 2021      8DVBTAW.png   

5. What is your favourite city or town to visit during the off season?

1. Too be honest being a new player and not in the league for a long time im out of the loop. 

2. Absolutly! Cant wait to join them!

3. VHLE is kinda weird and new to me. 

4. My highlight is deffinitly getting drafted and progressing in tpe.

5. New York 

6. PS5 and PC ( Vanguard, NHL 22, Madden 22, NBA 2K22, Fortnite)

Love the Rasputin pickup. He's gonna go off.

Shouldn't take long. They're all beastly! Just wait and see.

Not much. Rest and relaxation. 🏖️ 😎

Honestly don't know much about it. Just gonna play some puck and try to win with Stockholm again.

5. What is your favorite city or town to visit during the off season?

Miami because I'm a Florida Man. Gotta stay true to my roots. 

Yup, I play a little bit of everything. Enjoying the Halo Infinite multiplayer so far.

8DVBTAW.png       NOVEMBER 25TH, 2021      8DVBTAW.png   

1. Season 81 has begun.  What are your thoughts so far on the start of our season?

2.  Do you feel confident with the VHFL team you've drafted for this season? Anyone you wish you nabbed?

3. What is/was your least favourite subject in school?

3. Black Friday is upon us, are you eyeing anything or taking advantage of any sales?

5. Do you think the metaverse is the future of the internet?

6. What was the last meal you ate?

1. I think we want to be better than 0.500. We have some work still to do, but the early signs are good

2. I completely missed it. Sucks after winning my group last year.

3. I guess history. I didn't focus much in school though

4. I need a new car after moving here!

5. I'm gonna have to Google and get back to you

6. Falafel