LA Stars Press Conference

Josh

1.  It's finally the offseason!  The Vancouver Meta have won the cup again.  Do you think the league is broken in its current state? If so do you think certain members/GMs should be punished, or do you have a fix to suggest?

Why would we punish people if no rules have been broken?  I do think the league needs to do something to combat the meta, and it sounds like it's being worked on, so that is good.

2. Hopefully the dreadful series loss to Toronto is in the rearview... Any thoughts heading into next season?  Specific goals or milestones you'd like to reach as a player?

I think we have a pretty solid team heading into next season.  I am hoping to hit point per game this season.

3.  Management recently shipped Joe Madison (sam) to Vancouver, what did you think of the trade?

They had a great season with us and I wish them the best.  I don't have strong feelings on the trade, I trust management.

4. Pending FA's Sova and Rasputin have recently signed on for next season!  Are you happy to see these 2 big pieces get locked early? 

Yes absolutely, they played big roles in the team this season, and I suspect they will this upcoming season as well. 

5. What did you eat for lunch today?

Just a ham and cheese sandwich with some chips.

6. How many times have you gotten COVID?  Or are you dodging the pandemic like a ninja?

I have not gotten COVID that I am aware of.  I've tried to be very safe.

1.  It's finally the offseason!  The Vancouver Meta have won the cup again.  Do you think the league is broken in its current state? If so do you think certain members/GMs should be punished, or do you have a fix to suggest?

- First off, Happy Belated Birthday!! No one is should punished but I think some tweaking needs to have with the attribute building meta. There is really one way to do it and it ends there. 

2. Hopefully the dreadful series loss to Toronto is in the rearview... Any thoughts heading into next season?  Specific goals or milestones you'd like to reach as a player?

- Hopefully I can move up the career Stars records. 

3.  Management recently shipped Joe Madison (sam) to Vancouver, what did you think of the trade?

- It's really good deal that works for the team this year and in the future, especially if R can rebuild from depreciation.

4. Pending FA's Sova and Rasputin have recently signed on for next season!  Are you happy to see these 2 big pieces get locked early? 

- For sure! They were huge pieces last year.

5. What did you eat for lunch today?

- I went for brunch and had a chorizo scramble. It was really good!

6. How many times have you gotten COVID?  Or are you dodging the pandemic like a ninja? Zero times somehow!

LA STARS PRESS CONFERENCE 

8DVBTAW.png        JANUARY 24TH , 2022      8DVBTAW.png   

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 

1.  The S82 VHL Draft has come and gone.  What surprised you in this draft?

2.  Free agency opens this week!  Anyone you'd like to see the Stars target?

3.  What is your favourite point task to do?

4. How many points to you expect to score this upcoming season?

5.  What is your favourite jersey in the NHL?

6.  Do you invest in the stock market or crypto?

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 

Edited by v.2

I didn't go into it with any expectations, but it looks like we got a good prospect in DB III. I think Jay Saucey could be a steal for us.

Get Sven Reikkinen if you can afford him. Could be a beast for us.

3.  What is your favorite point task to do?

Definitely graphics. I'm not great at writing so I use graphics to showcase my creativity. It's fun looking back at old work to see how much progress I've made.

4. How many points do you expect to score this upcoming season?

I don't really have any expectations. I would like to score a goal per game and set the record for points though.

5.  What is your favorite jersey in the NHL?

I'm a Blackhawks fan. So it has to be the Blackhawks jersey.

Yup. Mostly just in Apple, though. From the looks of it, we've all had a rough time with our investments as of late.

1.    The S82 VHL Draft has come and gone.  What surprised you in this draft?

Probably the biggest surprise was how far Tavish DeGroot dropped. I know there was a lot of things said and done behind the scenes that may have influenced GMs, but if I were a GM I would have drafted them first overall.

2.    Free agency opens this week!  Anyone you'd like to see the Stars target?

One of my complaints about the VHL is how difficult it is for the layperson to track Free Agents. I wish there were a page that listed who the free agents are and what offers were made and all that. It could add some fun to the free agency period for everyone outside the management sphere. With all that being said. I don’t know who’s available, but we probably could use a little bit of help bolstering the team.

3.    What is your favourite point task to do?

Press Conference, of course. I really mean that though. It’s fun to field questions and provide answers.

4.    How many points to you expect to score this upcoming season?

I hope for a personal high 115 points this season. 50 goals too!

5.    What is your favourite jersey in the NHL?

Since they went back to their original design and colors, I have to answer the Buffalo Sabres. Not a homer choice at all.

6.    Do you invest in the stock market or crypto?

I’ve dabbled in the stock market in the past. But I don’t actively invest in the moment. I guess technically I’m still invested through various retirement accounts. But all of that is via passive index funds. It’s best to use index funds in long term accounts because of the low cost and the fact higher cost actively managed funds have no guarantee to outperform the index, so you’re paying money for nothing over the long term.

I'll be honest, I didn't watch the draft and never really looked at what happened in it.

Getting a D-man to fill out the lines.

3.  What is your favourite point task to do?

Clicking that welfare button!   Press conferences, it's the only actual task I do on a regular basis until we get trivia back.

I am hoping to get past that 40g mark!

5.  What is your favourite jersey in the NHL?

I duno, there are a lot of jerseys that I think look good.  I'm an Avs fan but I'm not sure its the best.

Yes I started this past year.  Mostly stocks and etfs, I put a couple hundred into crypto stuff but haven't invested anymore because I just really don't understand it.  

1.  I'm very happy that wcats regen fell to us!

2.  Defense, defense and more defense.

3.  I used to love making jersey concepts but there was some initiative to stop counting these as a full point task. To be honest, I stopped caring about the VHL because of this. I used to spend at least a few hours a week making those concepts.

5.  Good question! I really like Arizona going back to that unique Kachina logo and jerseys. Sabres also look really good.

6.  Yes and things are bad right now. Probably won't get better for a few months.

8DVBTAW.png        FEBRUARY 2ND , 2022     8DVBTAW.png   

1.  Season 82 has begun!  Any thoughts on our start so far?

2.  Which team(s) do you think could surprise this season?

3.  Did your player record a goal yet?

4.  Do you prefer to play home games, or games on the road in other cities?

5.  Tom Brady, an all time GOAT in sports has announced his retirement.  Do you think he will ever return for one more year?

6.  Any interest in the Olympics this year?

Not too shabby. Everybody seems to be producing for us so far. It's too early to say how things will play out, but we could be a top team in NA if we keep this up. 

I predicted Peace to win the Knight. Toronto might not be looked upon as a top team, but I think they will turn heads this season. Let's see what they do with this four game win streak. 

Sure did. First career goal and it only took four games. 

There's no place like home. The atmosphere that our fans create is second to none. 

5.  Tom Brady, an all time GOAT in sports has announced his retirement.  Do you think he will ever return for one more year?

I seriously doubt it. It would be a massive win if the NFL was able to get him involved as a tv personality like the Manning brothers. If he walks away and never works again, that would also not surprise me.

Honestly not as much as in past years. I really wanted to see the NHLers in the olympics, but it is what it is. Still rooting for USA though.

1.    Season 82 has begun!  Any thoughts on our start so far?

Well we had some easy games so far, so it’s tough to come to any actual conclusions. But we’re crushing the bad teams we play, so that’s a good sign.

2.    Which team(s) do you think could surprise this season?

I hope Vancouver surprises us with how terrible they are this season.

3.    Did your player record a goal yet?

Feels like this question is targeted at me. I did finally get my first goal of the season. I’m not sure what was going on, but it feels good to finally put one in the net.

4.    Do you prefer to play home games, or games on the road in other cities?

I’m a creature of comfort and my home is comfortable. It might be different if we were travelling to new places, but I’ve already been to all these places. Plus, it’s not like we have a lot of time to explore. We arrive, play a game, and leave almost immediately.

5.    Tom Brady, an all time GOAT in sports has announced his retirement.  Do you think he will ever return for one more year?

I don’t think it’s likely, but who knows. I hope he doesn’t. Sick of him beating my Bills.

6.    Any interest in the Olympics this year?

I love the Olympics, so I will definitely be watching. It stinks the NHL players won’t be playing in the hockey event, but ah well there’s still a ton of excitement for all the events.

I think we are doing alright so far and I'm playing alright so far.  So I think things are going alright.

Obviously we are going to surprise people with how awesome we are!

Yup, 6 of them in fact.  Currently perfectly balanced on goals and assists.

I always have preferred to play homes games.  Sleeping in your own bed just hits different.  Plus the home crowd of course.

No, I think this is it for him playing.  Will be interesting to see if he comes back as a broadcaster or something.

I enjoy the winter Olympics more than the summer games but even then I don't really watch much of them to be honest. 

• I'm very pleased, we have had a few blow out wins and played close in every game that we lost. 

• London and Toronto are built pretty interestingly and look to be playoff teams. 

• I have 8 so far, I am really happy with my production so far.

• Always prefer to play at home. It is easier to keep the routine.

• I'm sure he will, I don't think he can stay away.

• Somewhat. The time zone difference makes it hard to just turn it on and watch but I have been watching highlights on Youtube.

8DVBTAW.png        FEBRUARY 14TH ♥️ , 2022     8DVBTAW.png   

1.  The Stars are rolling to start the season! Do you think we can keep up this momentum?

2.  Dan Dan is having himself quite the season so far, what do you think attributes to him finding success at the back end of his career?

3.  Florida Man is currently tied for 4th in the Rookie scoring race.  Do you think he's still in ROTY contention?

4.  Did you watch the Super Bowl? Thoughts on the halftime show this year?

5.  Did you watch any of the NHL's All Star Weekend in Vegas?

6.  The VHL is having an All Star Game this season + a Top Prospects game.  Do you think this is good mid-season content for the league?

1.    The Stars are rolling to start the season! Do you think we can keep up this momentum?

Definitely! Everything is clicking with the team and there’s no reason to think it will change.

2.    Dan Dan is having himself quite the season so far, what do you think attributes to him finding success at the back end of his career?

So many things come down to right place, right time and I think that’s a factor here. But Dan Dan has shown shown that he’s a dedicated, hard working player for their entire career. That put him in a place to capitalize on the right place, right time situation happening in LA.

3.    Florida Man is currently tied for 4th in the Rookie scoring race.  Do you think he's still in ROTY contention?

It’s tough because the 3 London players ahead of him all will have more points., I Hope the voters take into account that Florida Man is providing meaningful contributions to a top-tier team as a rookie. That’s a big deal and hopefully will be recognized by the voters.

4.    Did you watch the Super Bowl? Thoughts on the halftime show this year?

I did. Thought it was a pretty good/standard halftime show. Fun bopping your head along to classics.

5.    Did you watch any of the NHL's All Star Weekend in Vegas?

I did not. I always try to catch some of the skills competition, but missed it this year. Ah well.

6.    The VHL is having an All Star Game this season + a Top Prospects game.  Do you think this is good mid-season content for the league?

Any content is good content. Alex/VSN did a fantastic job with everything and I think it was amazing. I hope all of the mid-season content continues.

1.  The Stars are rolling to start the season! Do you think we can keep up this momentum?

Definitely think so!  We just lost our streak but a 15 win streak is nothing to sneeze at.

2.  Dan Dan is having himself quite the season so far, what do you think attributes to him finding success at the back end of his career?

I think it's a culmination of learning throughout their career and really gelling with his line mates this season.

3.  Florida Man is currently tied for 4th in the Rookie scoring race.  Do you think he's still in ROTY contention?

Unfortunately I expect not, simply because the top person has many more points and they are not just assists.

I did not, I can offer no thoughts because I didn't see the halftime show, I'm sure it was a show though, probably half way through the game.

I did not, I'm sure many great players showed off their skills though.

6.  The VHL is having an All Star Game this season + a Top Prospects game.  Do you think this is good mid-season content for the league?

Yes I think extra stuff like this is great.  There will always be controversy anytime people are picked for these things, but what can you do.

• Sure as hell looks like we can! We will have to stay pretty hot all year to fight with the meta.

• That 99/73 meta is working for him so far.

• I really do, our 2nd line from forwards to defense is on point and Florida Man is one of the bigger reasons why.

• I did watch and love the halftime show. It was great to have such a star filled event (pardon the pun).

• I always love the skills competition event. The actually games are just fine.

• I think so, I liked the video game event they did a bunch of seasons ago more but I know that was a ton more work. It was nice that they did something this year though.

• 3 weeks later...

8DVBTAW.png        MARCH 10TH  , 2022     8DVBTAW.png   

1.  I've severely slowed down on these pressers due to the implementation of revamped trivia and game recaps.  Do you want to see more frequent press conferences again or are you content with the amount of earning currently available?

2.  How are you liking the new point task options?

3.  The season has concluded, we traded for Degroot at the deadline, and play Calgary in the first round.  Thoughts on how our regular season panned out?

4.  How do you feel about the "meta fix" - new hybrid attributes coming into play next season?

5.  Have you been following the NHL?  How is your team doing?

6.  Any bold VHL playoff predictions?

due to the implementation of revamped trivia and game recaps.  Do you want to see more frequent press conferences again or are you content with the amount of earning currently available?

Sure. I'm a fan of press conferences. I prefer them over the others.

2.  How are you liking the new point task options?

Changes? No effect on me.

3.  The season has concluded, we traded for Degroot at the deadline, and play Calgary in the first round.  Thoughts on how our regular season panned out?

Pretty good I think. Played very good.

4.  How do you feel about the "meta fix" - new hybrid attributes coming into play next season?

Not sure yet. Check out the next Ahmacast for my full opinion ;)

Habs... St.Louis has been a great coach. He'll do well in the future.

One word: Metawolves. Quebec City Meta.

1.  I've severely slowed down on these pressers due to the implementation of revamped trivia and game recaps.  Do you want to see more frequent press conferences again or are you content with the amount of earning currently available?

Yes, press conferences are one of the tasks that I do almost every week.  It's in my opinion the easiest task that doesn't involve clicking a button.

2.  How are you liking the new point task options?

I'm glad trivia is back.  While I admittedly often copied answers in the previous iteration of trivia, there were definitely times I did it myself.  Glad to have it back as I missed the TPE.

I think we did pretty dang good.  The best season in Stars History and over 100 points.  We were also competative against the Wolves so that could bode well for a potential series in the playoffs.

4.  How do you feel about the "meta fix" - new hybrid attributes coming into play next season?

I'm interested to see how it goes.  I'm sure people are still going to get as much scoring and defense as they can, and eventually a best build will be found I'm sure, but as long as it doesn't suffocate others the way the current meta does, that's not a huge problem.   Only time will tell if the change does that.

I've honestly been a checked out of the NHL this season.  But the Avalanche are doing really well.  Tied for top of the entire league last I looked.

I think this is the best chance a team not named Van has at winning in the past 3 seasons.

1.    I've severely slowed down on these pressers due to the implementation of revamped trivia and game recaps.  Do you want to see more frequent press conferences again or are you content with the amount of earning currently available?

Personally, I like press conference the most out of all the secondary tasks. I think it’s fun to answer questions. So I would vote for weekly press conferences. But I’m also off the team at the end of this season, so I’m not sure it really matters what I think.

2.    How are you liking the new point task options?

I like them, I think Trivia is handled great and the game recap is a nice option. It’s always good to give everyone more options for earning TPE. If I had one criticism, it would be why not let people do game recaps on games they’re in? I understand they want people to get more involved in the league by looking at other teams/games, but really the players of the games would be able to produce the best content of that game, so you should be able to do a game recap of a game you’re in.

3.    The season has concluded, we traded for Degroot at the deadline, and play Calgary in the first round.  Thoughts on how our regular season panned out?

It was a fantastic regular season. Things did get a little shaky at the end there, after the trade for Degroot. But we’re a stronger team and I think that will show in the playoffs.

4.    How do you feel about the "meta fix" - new hybrid attributes coming into play next season?

It’s a good fix, I like it. I still think attributes should be much more expensive, basically making it impossible for anyone to reach 99 in any category. It’s a lot more difficult now, but still achievable. My simple fix would have been to just make 70 the starting value for PA and then greatly increase the cost of all the attributes. But the fix they implemented is good and it should add some needed spice to the player build.

5.    Have you been following the NHL?  How is your team doing?

I don’t really follow the NHL because I’m a Sabres fan and they have been terrible for the last 10+ years. Since I no longer live in Buffalo, it’s tough for me to watch all the games. I still catch some games here and there and watch highlights. Overall it seems like the team is coming together and the future seems brighter than it has in a while, but who knows.

6.    Any bold VHL playoff predictions?

Nothing really too bold. I think I’ll agree with VSN that Moscow will upset London. Not sure how bold that is.

8DVBTAW.png        MARCH 18TH  , 2022     8DVBTAW.png   

1.  We beat Calgary in 7, and are off to face Team Meta.  Do you think we can beat them despite the hard time that Calgary gave us?

2.  Have you toyed with the hybrid attribute tool yet?

3.  Were you surprised with the outcome of the Moscow and London series?

4.  Who do you think is going to win it all in the VHLM?

5.  Has spring sprung where you live?

6.  What is your favourite beverage to consume? (alcoholic or non)

1.  We beat Calgary in 7, and are off to face Team Meta.  Do you think we can beat them despite the hard time that Calgary gave us?

Well I did believe in us, but unfortunately we got swept.  Not sure what happened.  Considering we, I believe beat them in the regular season series, this is a shocker.

A little but not too much, I'll take a good look once things have been refunded and it's time to start applying it.

A little but Moscow had the clear advantage in net, and I feel like in the VHL the playoffs are where goalies most like showing up.

Not sure, I filled out the fantasy form earlier and have already forgotten who I picked.  Ugh Houston I guess.

Kinda, we have had some nicer weather in the past couple days and it looks like it will continue this week.

I drink a lot of water, but I put flavoring stuff in it.  I have to be honest I love soda, but have cut back a lot in the past few years.  Generally only have 1 or maybe 2 a week.  View it as more of a treat now.

I thought we could, but we couldn't. F Vancouver.

Nope. Haven't been on much so I missed the whole introduction. I have a very 

Honestly not. Moscow has an insane team.

I'm not sure to be completely honest with you. Haven't paid much attention to the M this season.

Allergies are acting up as usually. Just the world actively trying to ruin my day every time I step outside.

Vanilla crown and root beer is probably my favorite mixed drink. Other than that I love water.

LA PRESS CONFERENCE
MARCH 20TH, 2022

1. With the off-season looming, what do you think LA needs to do the most in their off-season? 
2. A lot of teams likely needing shake-ups due to retirements, is this the year of the rebuild? 
3. New GM in town, what is your honest suggestions to get LA back to the big time? 
4. Toronto also got a new GM, congrats @Doomsday! What are your thoughts on Toronto next season? 
5. What does your player do pre-game to get FOCUSED? 

6. If you could add one legacy player to the team, who would it be and why? 

5 minutes ago, InstantRockstar said:

LA PRESS CONFERENCE
MARCH 20TH, 2022

1. With the off-season looming, what do you think LA needs to do the most in their off-season? 
2. A lot of teams likely needing shake-ups due to retirements, is this the year of the rebuild? 
3. New GM in town, what is your honest suggestions to get LA back to the big time? 
4. Toronto also got a new GM, congrats @Doomsday! What are your thoughts on Toronto next season? 
5. What does your player do pre-game to get FOCUSED? 

6. If you could add one legacy player to the team, who would it be and why? 

1. To regroup and figure a way to replace all of the retiring vets and the players who won't be returning after this off-season.

2. It could be, I'm pretty sure only 3 of us will be returning next season so it is expected.

3. Just have fun. We've had some good runs lately and it starts in the LR with everyone enjoying themselves.

4. Toronto looks great. They beat us in S81 in the qualifying round and have a roster of deep young talent.

5. Headphones in and keep to himself. It's all a mental game to get ready to play.

6. @MubbleFubbles's player because he has the best player name in the league right now.