LA Stars Press Conference

Josh

1. Season 81 has begun.  What are your thoughts so far on the start of our season?

I think we had a slow start, but are finally waking up and showing what we are capable of.

2.  Do you feel confident with the VHFL team you've drafted for this season? Anyone you wish you nabbed?

I did not do VHFL this season.

3. What is/was your least favourite subject in school?

When I was younger it was spelling, then when they phased out spell it was English/Literature.

3. Black Friday is upon us, are you eyeing anything or taking advantage of any sales?

I bought a game on Steam but that was in, I am trying not to spend too much money right now.

5. Do you think the metaverse is the future of the internet?

To be honest I haven't followed any of the metaverse stuff, so I'm not sure what it's even about.

6. What was the last meal you ate?

I had some taco bell.

1.    Season 81 has begun.  What are your thoughts so far on the start of our season?

I think we’re off to a good start. We’ve played the defending champs a few times and have fared pretty well against them, so I think that’s a really good sign.

2.    Do you feel confident with the VHFL team you've drafted for this season? Anyone you wish you nabbed?

I like my team. Most of the time I don’t draft myself but I wanted to this season, because I think put up some good fantasy points this season. Unfortunately, someone drafted Pistil before I could.

3.    What is/was your least favourite subject in school?

Least favorite was probably Art, because I was terrible at it. Luckily that was only for one semester. Least favorite standard subject was probably English. But honestly, I enjoyed school and learning, so I didn’t really have a least favorite.

4.    Black Friday is upon us, are you eyeing anything or taking advantage of any sales?

Nah not really. I did pick up some pillows that were on sale, but that’s about it.

5.    Do you think the metaverse is the future of the internet?

I’m not exactly sure what you’re asking here. But I think a virtual space where you can control an avatar and interact with other human controlled avatars is already a part of the internet. But I don’t think the metaverse will replace the internet because people will want to engage at different levels at different times. It will be too much effort to fully connect into the metaverse all the time, just like it’s too much effort to make a phone call, so everyone texts. The future of the internet will be when we have our brains mapped so that computers can read our thoughts. Every human’s brain will be connected to the internet and information will flow as fast as our thoughts. When that occurs, that will be the future of the internet.

6.    What was the last meal you ate?

The subject  of much talk in the LR, I ate the last of my leftover tacos from Thanksgiving.

1. Season 81 has begun.  What are your thoughts so far on the start of our season?

• It's a very good start so far. We are competitive and I think we have more staying power than some of the other teams in our conference. We could do a better job on defense.

2.  Do you feel confident with the VHFL team you've drafted for this season? Anyone you wish you nabbed?

• I wish I paid a little more attention to the regression of the players I drafted. I didn't factor finances and TPA/TPE. 

3. What is/was your least favourite subject in school?

• My least favorite subject in school was physics and calculus. I enjoyed science and math but at that level, I had a really hard understanding it.

4. Black Friday is upon us, are you eyeing anything or taking advantage of any sales?

• I haven't in the past but I really should this year. With everything taking so long to ship, I really have to order everything for the holidays now.

• It is looking a lot like a Black Mirror episode. There are some nice ideas like seeing 3D renderings of hotels or resorts before booking them which could be cool.

• Veggie lasagna

Good start. It's too early to say for sure what will happen, but I think making the playoffs is very possible. 

No, but I pretty much just looked up who was available and picked at random. Eh, not really. Haven't been paying attention to league stats like that.

3. What is/was your least favorite subject in school?

Science sucked. I don't even wanna talk about it.

3. Black Friday is upon us, are you eyeing anything or taking advantage of any sales?

I've been pretty conservative on shopping. Nobody in my family has told me what they want for Christmas so I'm just saving money until then. They always wait till the last minute.

I don't know anything about it. Until it impacts me, I don't really care.

I mixed up chicken, beef tortellini, mashed potatoes and spinach. Not sure if there's a name for that one. Pretty good though.

LA STARS PRESS CONFERENCE 

8DVBTAW.png       DECEMBER 5TH, 2021      8DVBTAW.png   

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 

1. It's been a bit of a turbulent season for us so far, do you think the team is showing what it's capable of?

2. Management recently juggled the lines after some questionable losses, do you think this has/will spark the group?

3.  What do you want to achieve this season?

3. Which celeb are you hoping to bump into while in LA?

5. It's December (already)... Are you starting to get in the holiday spirit?

6. Have you bought gifts for anyone or yourself yet?

1. It's been a bit of a turbulent season for us so far, do you think the team is showing what it's capable of?

I think we are at about the level we should be at, I think we have let a couple of games slip away that should have been won.

2. Management recently juggled the lines after some questionable losses, do you think this has/will spark the group?

I think line tinkering is always a crucial part of the early season.  We will see if things click for for the new lines.

Just improve on where I have been in terms of points and help the team win the cup.

3. Which celeb are you hoping to bump into while in LA?

I'm not big on celebrity worship, it would be cool to run into someone but I duno if I would bother them.  I like to be left alone in public so I would treat others the same.

5. It's December (already)... Are you starting to get in the holiday spirit?

Eh, I'm not one to get too into the holiday spirit.  Christmas music is just the worst.

I have bought some gifts, still waiting to hear on what I should get a couple of my nephews.

1. It's been a bit of a turbulent season for us so far, do you think the team is showing what it's capable of?

- I think that we will get put it together closer to the playoffs. It happened last year and I think management can find it again.

- I appreciate the shakeup. Sometimes it's hard to give up on a strategy and this may not be the one but I have faith that management will find the right one.

- A deep playoff run.

4. Which celeb are you hoping to bump into while in LA?

- George Takai and Lavar Burton

5. It's December (already)... Are you starting to get in the holiday spirit?

- Most definitely! After not being able to much last year, I am really feeling it.

- I already got stuff for my immediate family and myself. I have to figure out what to get for my girlfriend's family which is always the most difficult part.

1.    It's been a bit of a turbulent season for us so far, do you think the team is showing what it's capable of?

I think we’ve played pretty well this season so far. I don’t think we’ve reached our maximum potential quite yet, but we’ve put in some pretty good outings so far.

2.    Management recently juggled the lines after some questionable losses, do you think this has/will spark the group?

I think it’s a good idea to change lines at least a couple of times a season. It’s good to play with new players, you learn the tendencies of your teammates and can even pick up some tricks that you can use to make yourself better.

3.    What do you want to achieve this season?

Pretty straightforward answer here. I want to win the cup.

4.    Which celeb are you hoping to bump into while in LA?

I share the philosophy that you should never meet your idols, so I don’t really want to bump into anyone. But anyone you meet is a potential new friend, so I’m not avoiding anyone.

5.    It's December (already)... Are you starting to get in the holiday spirit?

Not all that much to be honest. Normally we’re preparing for the holiday season, but this year is a little different because of recent events with my wife’s family. I’m sure we’ll be in the holiday mood as the actual date comes nearer.

6.    Have you bought gifts for anyone or yourself yet?

Not yet. I said I was going to buy some gifts tonight, but I decided to attend this press conference instead. Ah well, I’ll get them tomorrow.

8DVBTAW.png       DECEMBER 14TH, 2021      8DVBTAW.png   

1. Recently we have suffered a couple brutal losses to Helsinki and Riga, why do you think we struggle against these EU teams so much?

2. The trade deadline is fast approaching, any team needs that you think should be addressed?

3.  Are you pleased with your players output so far?

3. What is your favourite part of the holidays? (If you celebrate)

5. Has the surge of the Omicron variant disrupted your life yet?

6. What is your favourite Gatorade flavour?

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 

1.    Recently we have suffered a couple brutal losses to Helsinki and Riga, why do you think we struggle against these EU teams so much?

I’m not sure if we’re just not preparing as much for teams outside of our conference or if we just assume we’re going to win, but obviously it’s not working and we need to change something before heading out to Europe again. Maybe against worse teams we stack our lines just dominate them, but against better team we have a more even approach. I don’t know.

2.    The trade deadline is fast approaching, any team needs that you think should be addressed?

I think we have a very solid team. Obviously you don’t want to pass up an opportunity to improve the team, but I don’t think we should go hunting and making unnecessary offers.

3.    Are you pleased with your players output so far?

I am for the most part. Pistil is leading the team in points. I was hoping for some more goals to be honest, but Pistil has a very solid level of consistency going on right now and that’s nice.

4.    What is your favourite part of the holidays? (If you celebrate)

I guess just the ability to sit back and relax with good food and family is my favorite part.

5.    Has the surge of the Omicron variant disrupted your life yet?

No, but it sure seems like things are getting worse again.

6.    What is your favourite Gatorade flavour?

I’ve never known the actual names of the flavors, but I’ve always liked red the most.

1. Recently we have suffered a couple brutal losses to Helsinki and Riga, why do you think we struggle against these EU teams so much?

• Maybe it's the travel?

2. The trade deadline is fast approaching, any team needs that you think should be addressed?

• I think we are very solid so and balanced so it is hard to pinpoint the most pressing need. I guess a little more goal scoring and a complimentary backup goalie because the bot goalie is terrible.

3.  Are you pleased with your players output so far?

• I think so. The consistency has been better and with such a deep team, I am starting to understand that what matters most is performing when others aren't and to take a backseat when they are.

4. What is your favourite part of the holidays? (If you celebrate)

• Getting together with family. Also people just seem to be in a better mood.

5. Has the surge of the Omicron variant disrupted your life yet?

• Not yet but it feels like it can happen at any moment. I got my booster and flu-shot last week and it kicked my butt so that was a little disrupting.

6. What is your favourite Gatorade flavour?

• Any of the citrus or blueish colored flavors work for me.

8DVBTAW.png       DECEMBER 26TH, 2021      8DVBTAW.png   

1. What is your favourite pass time/activity during the holidays?

2. We recently passed the trade deadlined without one single VHL transaction.  Why do you think no teams made moves?

3.  The playoffs are quickly approaching, who do you think would be our ideal first round matchup?

3. Recently we have seen a bit of an uptick in bans for users multi accounts/players.  Why do you think people are driven to do this?

5. Would you rather spend your holidays in the Switzerland, or Egypt?

6. Did you monitor your diet during the holidays or will you worry about that when back with the team?

• I hang out with my girlfriends family during the holidays so that's my favorite activity. I still live in my hometown so it's nice to see friends come back in to town. Sadly, that hasn't happen much since COVID started.

2. We recently passed the trade deadlined without one single VHL transaction.  Why do you think no teams made moves?

• Most teams were on track from where they thought they would be at the beginning of the season. That combined with the rebuilding teams lacking talent to sell made for a nonexistent trade deadline. 

3.  The playoffs are quickly approaching, who do you think would be our ideal first round matchup?

• Looks like no matter what happens we will play the Bears so here is to hoping that they are our ideal matchup.

4. Recently we have seen a bit of an uptick in bans for users multi accounts/players.  Why do you think people are driven to do this?

• To be honest, I didn't know about this until now. I'm unfamiliar with the timing of these extra accounts but I would suspect this has been happening for a little while and the Mods just started cracking down/just realized. Part of me doesn't have a problem with it if someone wants to do more TPE good on them as long as it doesn't get in the way of another person's player getting playing time. Maybe we could have filler players like they do in the SBA.

• Both sound awesome but I'll go with Egypt for the weather this time of year.

6. Did you monitor your diet during the holidays or will you worry about that when back with the team?

• I keep a slight eye on it but mostly just enjoy the holidays.

1. What is your favorite pass time/activity during the holidays?

I like to spend time with friends and family. 

2. We recently passed the trade deadline without one single VHL transaction.  Why do you think no teams made moves?

I guess teams are confident with the direction they are going in. 

I think it would be Seattle at this point. It looks like a fairly even matchup.

3. Recently we have seen a bit of an uptick in bans for users multi accounts/players.  Why do you think people are driven to do this?

There are definitely some addictive aspects to the VHL. Maybe one doesn't satisfy. It is what it is. I'm just gonna do me.

5. Would you rather spend your holidays in Switzerland, or Egypt?

Probably Switzerland. It's closer to Florida. 

Not at all. I'll worry about it later.

1.    What is your favourite pass time/activity during the holidays?

I think mainly just relaxing and eating good food. I don’t think I have a specific activity that is my favorite.

2.    We recently passed the trade deadlined without one single VHL transaction.  Why do you think no teams made moves?

I’m not really sure, I guess most teams probably feel like there’s little they can do to make their team better this season, so why give up future stock?

3.    The playoffs are quickly approaching, who do you think would be our ideal first round matchup?

Realistically, it’s better for us to take on Seattle instead of Vancouver. I’m not sure either is “ideal”. But we’ll challenge any team we play, so bring on whomever it is.

4.    Recently we have seen a bit of an uptick in bans for users multi accounts/players.  Why do you think people are driven to do this?

As long as there have been rules, people have sought ways to bend/break those rules. I think in general people want to experience the thrill of producing good players and lack the patience to do it within the confines of the rules. Obviously in some cases, there is willful malicious intent.

5.    Would you rather spend your holidays in the Switzerland, or Egypt?

Both, but if I had to choose, probably the winter beauty of Switzerland would win out. I guess the winter theme just fits the season better in my mind.

6.    Did you monitor your diet during the holidays or will you worry about that when back with the team?

Of course, I’m always a professional, even when not on the ice. We have the off-season to cheat a little bit from our diet, but I can suck it up and stick to my diet through the holidays.

I enjoy relaxing with the extra time off.  I do my normal hobbies as well.

I'm not sure, I'm guessing maybe there are some salary cap reasons why we didn't see many moves.

I hate to say it, but I'm not sure there is an ideal matchup.  We have been pretty shaky lately.  Just the furthest steam down that we can play would be best for us.

I'm not sure.  If you are trying to make multiple good players that is so much work to cap multiple accounts every week.  There seems to be little point in having multiple account that click.  I guess some people just get their jollies breaking the rules.

Switzerland.  I've never been to Egypt but it's closer to the equator than Switzerland, and I don't want to get closer.

I mostly stuck to the diet.  Maybe I had a few extra sweets.  No big deal.

i can't believe this thread just got made in november 2021? what were you guys doing before then? LA definitely existed before that time?

1. What is your favourite pass time/activity during the holidays?

i like looking at people's christmas lights on the night or two before the actual holiday. people put a lot of time and effort into that, and i feel like i'm doing a favor by appreciating them.

3. Recently we have seen a bit of an uptick in bans for users multi accounts/players. Why do you think people are driven to do this?

people get excited and addicted. i don't think that most people have an interest in breaking rules per se, they just want more of the league than they can get with one account. or so they think.

i am YOUNG WILD AND FREE i don't pass my days with a DIET!

8DVBTAW.png        JANUARY 5TH, 2022      8DVBTAW.png   

1. Well that was fast.  After getting bounced in the wildcard round by Toronto, what are your final sentiments on this season with the Stars?

2. Do you believe this team/core can come back stronger next season? Or do you think the best bet would be for management to blow it up?

3.  Were you pleased with your players contribution efforts in the Toronto series?

3. Are you happy with how your player finished this regular season?

5. It looks like the Vancouver Meta are ripping through their first series.. do you think they'll be repeat champs?

6. What is your favourite song right now?

Edited by v.2

1.    Well that was fast.  After getting bounced in the wildcard round by Toronto, what are your final sentiments on this season with the Stars?

It’s tough to be anything other than disappointed by our early playoff exit. I think we all expected to finish better this season. With all that being said, we have a great group of people and it was an enjoyable season, despite the result.

2.    Do you believe this team/core can come back stronger next season? Or do you think the best bet would be for management to blow it up?

We have talent galore, so it seems like we can be better next season, but you never know. I understand management needs to take the big picture into account, the long term goals of the franchise.

3.    Were you pleased with your players contribution efforts in the Toronto series?

It’s tough to really pass judgement in 4 games, but I’m disappointed I have a -1 rating during the series.

4.    Are you happy with how your player finished this regular season?

I am. It’s tough to find fault in matching my career high for points in a season.

5.    It looks like the Vancouver Meta are ripping through their first series.. do you think they'll be repeat champs?

I don’t know why they wouldn’t, it’s not like STHS is all of a sudden going to realize it’s being exploited.

6.    What is your favourite song right now?

Favorite is always so tough, not sure I’d call it my favorite, but I just go turned on to Mdou Moctar this morning. “Afrique Victime” is probably my favorite of his at the moment.

1. Well that was fast.  After getting bounced in the wildcard round by Toronto, what are your final sentiments on this season with the Stars?

Disappointed for getting knocked out of playoffs so early, but overall we had a great season I think.  I was proud to be apart of it and looking forward to playing with the team again next season.

2. Do you believe this team/core can come back stronger next season? Or do you think the best bet would be for management to blow it up?

I think the team this season would still be great next season and I hope people stick around.

3.  Were you pleased with your players contribution efforts in the Toronto series?

I had no points, so no, I was not happy with my contribution.

4. Are you happy with how your player finished this regular season?

I'm feeling ok about my regular season performance.  I dream of hitting the PPG mark.  Finishing 9th in hits feel nice though.

5. It looks like the Vancouver Meta are ripping through their first series.. do you think they'll be repeat champs?

I think they are a strong candidate, we will see if they just sandbagged the first two games again Calgary.

Tough to say as I listen to a lot of music, but when I'm hoping in my car to head to or from work I tend to start with Starset's "Disappear"

• I had some high hopes for the team but we couldn't seem to regain our early season form

• There is a good young core here. I think they should keep pressing, if they can resign the UFAs.

• Very pleased! I think I lead the team in scoring.

4. Are you happy with how your player finished this regular season?

• Yes, I picked it up at the holiday break and finished as the team's best(ish) winger.

• I both hope not and know it will happen.

• Phoenix by Big Red Mechine

• 2 weeks later...

8DVBTAW.png        JANUARY 18TH (my birthday 😏, 2022      8DVBTAW.png   

1.  It's finally the offseason!  The Vancouver Meta have won the cup again.  Do you think the league is broken in its current state? If so do you think certain members/GMs should be punished, or do you have a fix to suggest?

2. Hopefully the dreadful series loss to Toronto is in the rearview... Any thoughts heading into next season?  Specific goals or milestones you'd like to reach as a player?

3.  Management recently shipped Joe Madison (sam) to Vancouver, what did you think of the trade?

4. Pending FA's Sova and Rasputin have recently signed on for next season!  Are you happy to see these 2 big pieces get locked early? 

5. What did you eat for lunch today?

6. How many times have you gotten COVID?  Or are you dodging the pandemic like a ninja?

Edited by v.2

1.  It's finally the offseason!  The Vancouver Meta have won the cup again.  Do you think the league is broken in its current state? If so do you think certain members/GMs should be punished, or do you have a fix to suggest?

I honestly don’t even know what the meta is. I just worry about my player and leave the rest to the guys and gals that know what they’re talking about.

2. Hopefully the dreadful series loss to Toronto is in the rearview... Any thoughts heading into next season?  Specific goals or milestones you'd like to reach as a player?

Rookie of the year would be a nice start. Doubt it’s gonna happen with the competition I have, but it would be a great start. 

3.  Management recently shipped Joe Madison (sam) to Vancouver, what did you think of the trade?

You gotta do what you gotta do. If the direction we want to go in means trading for the future, then so be it. 

4. Pending FA's Sova and Rasputin have recently signed on for next season!  Are you happy to see these 2 big pieces get locked early? 

It definitely gives us a little more certainty on the direction we’re going in. 

We had leftover ribs from Sunday. 🔥🔥🔥

6. How many times have you gotten COVID?  Or are you dodging the pandemic like a ninja?

So far I haven’t gotten it. I’ve been sick once or twice, but I have a poor immune system so that was to be expected anyway. 

1.     It's finally the offseason!  The Vancouver Meta have won the cup again.  Do you think the league is broken in its current state? If so do you think certain members/GMs should be punished, or do you have a fix to suggest?

I don’t think the league is “broken”. I definitely don’t think anyone should be punished because there were no explicit rules broken. The league knew this was a possibility and did nothing to prevent it from happening. You can’t just come in after the fact and penalize people. I do think some adjustments can be made to disrupt the meta, like forcing a maximum gap between PA and SC. My personal solution is to just make all attributes way, way more expensive. Players should not be able to make 99 in a single attribute, much less multiple. Like it should cost 1000 TPE to get to 99 in a single attribute.

2.     Hopefully the dreadful series loss to Toronto is in the rearview... Any thoughts heading into next season?  Specific goals or milestones you'd like to reach as a player?

Now that I’ve achieved all my personal goals (becoming the all-time leading scorer for the Stars). The only thing I care about is winning the cup.

3.     Management recently shipped Joe Madison (sam) to Vancouver, what did you think of the trade?

It’s always tough to lose a great player, especially to our strongest opponent. But we got good value in return, so I understand, it’s just a tough pill to swallow now knowing Madison will be helping Vancouver and not us.

4.     Pending FA's Sova and Rasputin have recently signed on for next season!  Are you happy to see these 2 big pieces get locked early? 

Massive signings. Definitely glad to have them on board for next season. Re-signing early should really help management cement this team into a great one.

5.     What did you eat for lunch today?

I had a shawarma pita from a local place where I’m on vacation. It was delicious.

6.     How many times have you gotten COVID?  Or are you dodging the pandemic like a ninja?

To my knowledge, zero (thankfully). We’re doing our best to stay safe in this crazy world!

On 1/18/2022 at 3:56 AM, v.2 said:

8DVBTAW.png        JANUARY 18TH (my birthday 😏, 2021      8DVBTAW.png   

4. Pending FA's Sova and Rasputin have recently signed on for next season!  Are you happy to see these 2 big pieces get locked early? 

6. How many times have you gotten COVID?  Or are you dodging the pandemic like a ninja?

1. We can't punish members for doing it, but we can fix it. Not sure what the fix is but there has to be something.

2. It's my rookie season in Seattle, I'd hope to be at least a top rookie defensemen.

3. Joe Madison was a pretty young player who was having their best seasons. The 1st round pick could prove to be nice though.

4. That's to big pieces to add to the team, LA could be looking nasty and I'll keep my eye on it.

5. I haven't had lunch but I just ate a small piece of cake.

6. No COVID. I've been in a place with barely any cases up until recently.