Prague phantoms Dream team

Jayrad28

54947F5C-7DEA-4230-83AF-ECDE852CAEC0.png.79fa16579f281f8bd89e21050ab6d863.png

The Prauge Phantoms. Born in season 68, they’ve been an exciting team to watch, although they’ve had limited success, the town still loves to watch the team play. They haven't been around very long, but a lot of faces have come and gone, some fan favourites have retired, and some are still in the league but on other teams, but one thing is for sure, once a phantom, always a phantom.

They’re a lot of players who are remembered fondly in Prague, so I’m gonna do a top 6 and top 4 breakdown with some honourable mentions to be fair. 

First line

RW-Thomas Landry @Doomsday

Landry is becoming an absolute stud for Prague, and just signed a massive extension, basically committing to the team for the entirety of his career. He’s a strong power forward, a terrific sniper, and one of the best teammates in the league. He will forever be remembered in Prague, and I excpect his number to someday be retired next to Pearson’s. 

C- Alex Pearson

Pearson has been a lifelong Phantom, he’s been a solid top 6 forward for them in his entire career, serving as captain twice, and providing key offence in his prime seasons. His fast paced, shoot first style of hockey has captured fans of Prague for almost a decade, and helped push the phantoms into popularity in Prague.

LW-Blake Laughton

Blake was a very efficient power forward in his 359 Games with the phantoms, he never was a huge offensive force, but he gave it 100% night in and night out, and came back to Prague to finish his career after a year in Helsinki.

Second Line

RW- Ondrej Ohradka @animal74

Acquired in a trade for Willie dredge, He head been a very effective playmaker. His career has really excelled in Prague, and he’s proven he can be a dominant forward and leader in the VHL

C-Roll Fizzlebeef @TacticalHammer

The Veteran forward was acquired for three seasons and was a terrific addition as a veteran. He helped Prague to the playoffs two out of his three seasons. He Will definitely not be forgotten despite his short time in Prague. 

LW -Ben Mcgirr @Grape

He was a very strong two-way forward, but he was very valuable, in his later seasons he’s managed to score a lot. He has very good vison and hockey sense. He was a bit of a reach when he was picked but had worked out in spades for the phantoms.

Honorable Mentions 

Willie Dredge

Gary Tarantino

Ben Mcgirr

Don Draper

Defenceman

Defence has often been the strength of the phantoms for their entire existence, so this was a hard list to pick from. They’ve always had at least 3 very very solid defensemen in their lineup. 

Wolf Stansson Jr  @Cornholio

The Strong Two way defensemen has been terrific for his entire career with the phantoms. He’s always been a team first player, and it looks like he s going to retire a phantom. I would not b surprised to see his name next to Pearson’s in the rafters.

Seabass Perrin @Seabass

A terrific Defensive minded back end stalwart. He was a shot blocking a hitting machine for many years on that phantom blueline. Known as a terrific teammate, he was a also a very fun to watch, he never took a game off, hitting hard and often, and also not afraid to lake the large slap shots.

he is definitely missed in Prauge

Cinnamon Block @omgitshim

One of the most underrated defencemen in the league, she has been terrific for the entirety of her career, the former first overall selection is fantastic at both ends of the ice, she is one of the best at stick snd poke checking. But she’s also terrific at making long passes out of their own end, (Andrei Markov Esc). She has been terrific a phantom and seems happy, if she keeps her level of play consistent for her career she will continue to be the teams best player. 

Gert B Forbe @NumberJ5

The once feared enforcer on the phantoms blueline. He would hit, fight, and occasionally score, all while providing to be a defensive stalwart on that defensive core. He has since moved on to Warsaw, But Hess still a solid bottom pairing defencemen nonetheless.

Honourable mentions

Jacob Perry

Mountain Thunderfist

Riley Knight Gee

Cody Smith

Goaltenders

Goaltending is the most parity position in the league. You can have a good team and win a cup with an average goaltender, but you won’t even make it to the playoffs with a bad one.

Prauge hasn’t had many faces in net, but have seem to have found their starter for the foreseeable future in Woody McPine. They’ve drafted 2 failed prospects, and one semi successful trade for a goalie, but now it seems like finally have some stability at the position, something that has hindered them for years. 

Brick Wahl @BladeMaiden

As his name suggests, Brick wahl was a Brick Wall for his entire career. He was terrific in Calgary for many seasons, manning the net and almost dragging them to a cup once, before eventually being traded to Prague as a Vet. He responded by putting forward two of the best season of his career. In his last year he was easily the best goalie in the league that year, posting an insane 

931. save percentage and a 1.97 Goals against average. He won the award for league MVP And best goalie of the year, forever cementing himself as a legend among Phantoms fans and Players.

Woody McPine @HearnNation67

The young netminder does not have many games under his belt, but he’s slowly proving he can’t be a force in this league, taking over the starting job from Virgil Ligriv last season, he showed people why he is the future face of goaltending in Prague pretty easily. He is athletic, A great teammate and is not afraid to get a little aggressive with players when they enter his crease. Watch his career in the coming years as he could be a star.

Honourable Mentions

Koljur Bjorensson

Virgil Ligriv

Solomon Crawford

And with that end my breakdown of Prague’s dream team. Would this team win a cup? Probably not, they’ve only been in the league 7 seasons so they havn't had a lot of alumni yet, but GM Jason Glasser had done a terrific job building his core and I’m sure we are all excited to watch this team take the next step with their exciting prospects and young players. 

Edited by Jayrad28

@Jayrad28 It seriously gives me a case of the good feels to see myself included in this. My time was really short in Prague but it always felt like home. Love your picks, I feel like it represents some of the best things we had going in our LR. They say a home is made by good people who care deeply , I think that describes the Phantoms in spades ?

Big eternal thanks to @diamond_ace who gave me a chance and brought me to the place I didn't know i needed to be. :prg: