SITR: New York Americans AGM dlamb

SITR: New York Americans AGM dlamb

Host: Thanks for tuning into VHL Network, Stick In The Rink. Today is November 19 and we got a chance to catch up with the Assistant General Manager of the VHL New York Americans, @dlamb. Let's go straight to New York where we have Reporter Jim and dlamb.

(switch scenes to live in New York, New York)

Jim: Thank you! I have dlamb here. It is good to see you today, dlamb. I know you must be busy with the start of the 75th Season, so let's begin. What are your thoughts on the Americans' season in S74? Did the team meet expectations and year-end goals?

dlamb: To be honest, S74 went about as good as management assumed it would. We didn't have many goals, just trying to ice a competitive roster while also full-well knowing that we were one of the weaker teams in the league. A bunch of our players had career years however, so I'm glad the guys at least had that to look back on an otherwise grim S74.

Jim: While S74 was a season to forget, what did you feel was the biggest surprise in S74? 

dlamb: It has to be S74 Dustin Funk Trophy Winner Kefka Palazzo @diamond_ace , in my opinion. He came to New York as a free agent for his last career season, having  a previous career high of 36 points. He absolutely smashed that last year with NYA, potting 35 goals and 56 assists, good for 91 points, and again, winning the Most Improved Player Award.

Jim: After what could be said as an underwhelming season, a season of rebuilt if you will. You went into the draft with the future in mind. What are your thoughts on the draft? Did you get the players whom you had your eyes on? Overall how satisfied are you with how the team did in the draft?

dlamb: This was one hell of a giant draft. The recruitment drive brought in a ton of new players, with active players still being drafted in the 7th round, which is actually insane. We did get players we liked. RJ Thatcher @jhatty8 was 2nd on our draft board after 1st Overall Pick Pistil Stamen @DMaximus, so we were more than happy to take RJ at 5. Wing @chikn was a surprise drop at 17, which we couldn't pass up. Prout @Prout and Zyuzin @TheLastOlympian07we were more than happy to take, with Zyuzin even skipping an extra VHLM year and coming straight up to play this season with the Americans. I believe that our later picks - Sales @thadthrasher , Ramirez @Ominous, and Lilja @Retuperkele specifically, will be considered some nice draft steals when people look back on this draft. 

Jim: While you added many new prospects from the draft, like the aforementioned RW RJ Thatcher, RW Ramarod Ramirez, D Chicken Wing, D Cowboy Prout, C Luukas Lilja, and G Thadius Sales, they won’t be playing for you for at least one more season. On the other hand, you traded away your last core piece in star defenseman Hugh Jass @TheFlash. What was the reasoning behind the trade? Is the team tanking another season? Is Mr. Jass hindering the team from its objectives?

dlamb: We just felt as he didn't fit our future contention window as a veteran player, and we wanted to give him a chance to succeed immediately. We liked the return as well, so it just made sense. We aren't intentionally tanking, but with so much of our roster so young it is possible we spend another season near the bottom. Jass was nothing but positivity. On ice, a 2-way force to be reckoned with, and positivity and the locker room. We couldn't ask for more. I wish him all the best.

Jim: With the VHL Season 75 underway with its first week of play. How do you feel the offseason went? What are the expectations of season 75?

dlamb: The offseason went as planned, as mentioned before we are really happy with how our draft went. We weren't too active in Free Agency, just growing from within and starting to build a solid core that we believe can eventually lead us to the playoffs.

Jim: Who do you feel will be the Rookie of the Year for S75 in the VHL? Who do you feel will step up the most on your team for S75 now that the team is in full rebuild? How about leadership? Who's the Captain and Associates/Alternates?

dlamb: I said it before the season, and after the first few games, I am still holding the same statement - the S75 Rookie of the Year will be Rhynex Entertainment @Rhynex Entertainment. Honestly no bias, I think he is the Rookie in the best situation to put up a lot of points, being a 1st-line Centre already. With 8 points through the first 5 games, it is looking goooood! As for leadership, I can't say for now. GM esso @Esso2264 should be making an announcement shortly. We are kind of planning to run with just Alternates this season and see where that goes.

Jim:  As a former Rookie of the Year yourself, what advice do you have for your team's rookie star trio (RW Gary Rush @G_Rush, C Brian Strong Jr @Wheaties, and C Rhynex Entertainment)?

dlamb: As a player from a team that struggled in the win column, take the highs when you can, and don't get too discouraged if it isn't going your way. I believe the core we are building is special, so keep it positive, and just have fun with it!

Jim: Those are some wise words. Okay, I don't want to take up too much more of your time. Are there any parting words you want to give to the audience and the fans out there?

dlamb: I know you guys may be frustrated, or upset, but please, I promise you that the good times are coming - possibly sooner than you think. #PROUDAMERICAN

Jim: Thank you dlamb! Best of luck to you and the New York Americans! There you have it, live from New York, I am Reporter Jim. Back to you Bob!

Host: Thank you Jim. There you have it, a lively interview with dlamb of the New York Americans. Thanks for tuning in, until next time on Stick In The Rink.

[Total Word Count 1,064]

[Claim for weeks ending November 22nd and November 29]

Review:

I've always enjoyed SITR. The formatting is great, albeit lacking on colour and not so dark mode friendly. The questions and responses are also very well thought out. You could tell that both the interviewer and interviewee took a considerable amount of time asking and answering well thought out questions. Overall a 9.5/10 (Didn't give you full 10/10 since it's not too dark mode friendly but still a wonderful read nonetheless)

Review: I love the interviews with other people, we really don't get enough of those. I like the bold, and the spacing, too. Reporter Jim's sure got some tough questions, but dlamb answered them just fine. Maybe make the bold stuff a little bigger next time to please the eye even more

9.5/10