Las Vegas Aces mid season report

SimmerDown99

Okay I’m back and I won’t write about the leafs this time. We all know they’re the best at this point. Boston and Montreal fans are just crazy, but they’ll learn. Since I made my article saying the VHLM was rigged against me I’ve done very well in the sims. Fantastic even at some points. Must have been getting close to something they didn’t want me to look into! But as the assistant captain of this beautiful team I think this week I’d like to highlight some of my team members who have been stepping up and have just been fu*king killing it.

First off I really need to highlight our boy @Hex Universe! The rookie has been putting up mass amounts of TPE this season at 144 ALREADY and is going to be a difference maker come playoffs. He currently has 19 points and has had a fantastic week so far with 4 goals and 8 assist! He is also one of the top TPE earners this week at 20 TPE! This guy is going to be an all star in this league and I’m even scared he’s going to pass me in TPE after one season than I’ve accumulated in two. Not to mention the guy is super active in the locker room and always having a chat with the boys. Any team would be lucky to pick this guy up in the draft.

Next I really want to highlight two of our top guys this year! @inflastud also known as Angel Wachiure and @frescoelmo also known as Its Gucci. Wachiure has been on fire this year! The guy isn’t loaded on TPE (185) but his numbers don’t lie. He has a couple seasons under his belt and this is currently his third season in the VHLM. This guy is second on the team in points (only behind me hehehehe), with almost a point per game. He is sitting at 35 points (16 goals and 19 assists) and this week has come in with 7 points so far (2 goals and 5 assists) not his number 1 week but not bad nonetheless. I personally think he will end the season around the same number he got in S74, which is around 63 points. Okay now let’s talk about the boy that’s having an all star week pumping out 15 points so far (4 goals and 11 assist)!!! Its Gucci has had a pretty good year but for some reason hasn’t exploded at max TPE already. This season he has put up a total of 34 points (9 goals and 25 assists). I would be scared of this guy now because it looks like he is about to put up big numbers. Definitely still a very good player at almost a point per game and I’m excited to see the huge production in the coming weeks! 

Over the season our goaltending has also improved, our starter @matt sovick has been steadily gaining TPE and is sitting at 162 currently. He also is sitting under 3 goals per game and has a 0.887 save percentage so if he pushes a little more on TPE he could be a wall of a goalie come playoffs for LVA!

Before I let everyone go back to their lives I really want to highlight the stellar defense on LVA with three of them sitting at max TPE! The top boys are @Matt thunder, @Ledge_and_Dairy (Linus Zetterstrom), and @Wreckening (Chase Crosby). Thunder has had the best season on our team for all defenseman. He is also our only defenseman who is actually positive on our team at +5 , he is currently at 32 points (7 goals and 25 assists). Been a powerhouse this season and is quick on his feet being only 160lb’s. He won’t knock you off your feet on the ice but you’ve got to watch out because he’ll slip around you without you noticing! Zetterstrom is also having a very good year. Rolling at 26 points right now (5 goals and 21 assists). Our guy is the most defensive defenseman you’ll find around sitting at 88 ovr for defense already and 80 ovr for passing! As he just hit max TPE I foresee this man becoming a backbone to the success of this team. He’s not the biggest guy but still keep your head up as he is already at 53 hits! Excited to be on Riga with him for when we both join them next season. Last but not least we have Crosby, not a big powerhouse yet but I also foresee him being a big key to our success come playoff time! Almost at 80 ovr for both scoring and passing which may be stunting his production but also at 81 ovr for defense so is scary on the back end. He’s small, quick and agile, so he will pick pocket you just like Thunder! Watch out for these three when they’re on the ice because they’ll pick apart your offense like it’s nothing. 

Would like to give @JigglyGumballs and @Spartan a shout out also because they are crazy active and are always helping us newbies figure shit out. I’ve never done a sim league like this so it’s definitely been a fun experience and I definitely would have fu*ked it up without them. They’re great at running our squad and always make us  a threat to other teams even if we aren’t stacked. I think the power house teams should still be worries about us because we can still come out of no where with these two. Great job and keep it up.

For improvements we may need before the deadline I think it would just be a little more depth on offense, adding a high level player right before playoff time could be the difference maker for us! Not to underestimate me or anything but it still would be nice to have a TPE capped forward added to our squad. We are that wild card team right now that could swing big come playoff time or eat dirt in the first round. Obviously I want to be St Louis blues of these playoffs and have the underdog win it all. Watch for us because we’ll kick you while you’re down and then we’ll keep kicking!

Review: I like how you're not writing about the Leafs, it makes your articles a lot better. Good job highlighting guys who are helping the team a lot, and I like the shout-out to management too. Maybe give it a bolded title or something next time, and break it up a bit more

8/10

15 hours ago, SimmerDown99 said:

We all know they’re the best at this point. Boston and Montreal fans are just crazy

really hope thats a joke

I really like articles like this. It really piques interest when you tag other players and give a little review of their player or personal performance; and I think that's a great thing for an AGM to do to keep his locker room interested in the site. Frankly, without this, and not pushing top performance as a team it's easy to get distracted from the site as a new player. Thanks for giving me some inside into an opposing locker room to see how you guys do things different. I'd say you could probably break paragraphs with a line separation since indentation isn't a thing, just to make it a bit more readable. Nice little write up.

This is a great write-up! It's informative and engaging. I can tell that you put in the work to make this good! I would suggest for the future that you add some headlines and break up your writing into paragraphs, it'll make it easier to read. Otherwise, well done! 8/10