2014 World Cup

Victor

Never said otherwise? In fact, I made that point quite clear.

I know but there is a difference. I'm not a huge fan of Russia, but I like their football team. From when we talked it seemed like your hate for Iran team was because of the country itself.

Edited by Kendrick

I know but there is a difference. I'm not a huge fan of Russia, but I like their football team. From when we talked it seemed like your hate for Iran team was because of the country itself.

It strongly is, but I don't believe anyone could blame me; considering I would be executed the moment I walked into their country.

It strongly is, but I don't believe anyone could blame me; considering I would be executed the moment I walked into their country.

I'd rather not turn this into a political argument but let's not pretend that only one country is at fault for your issues with them. That's all I will say, and now I will fade into the shadows.

Edited by Kyle

I'd rather not turn this into a political argument but let's not pretend that only one country is at fault for your issues with them. That's all I will say, and now I will fade into the shadows.

Would rather not formulate it into a political argument as well. But my hatred is correlated towards them despising my religion/ethnicity, as opposed to hating them due to patriotism. 

Of course, and i agree but I'm just saying that the team isn't at fault for that. It's the world cup, politics should have nothing to do with it.

Mustafi won't be playing next match. #confirmed

2-1 Ghana, and it appears the ref forget his whistle at home. So many late challenges.

Edited by Kendrick

Considering Zidane and Henry last played together in 2006 I'm quite surprised Kesler has any memory of them.

Valid point. Maybe he found a copy of FIFA '98 laying around.

I watched soccer with my brother and his last name is Garard so when we played Fifa 07 he played as England and I played as France cause they were two of the top teams, thus why I know Zidane and Henry :P 

I am actually rooting for your team, and at least we beat Ghana; please do that first!

Is that supposed to be an insult? USA won, but Ghana controlled the bulk of that play, don't act like Ghana isn't a good team.

A draw isn't too bad.

If USA beats Portugal: USA advances. Germany then would only need a draw to advance.

If USA losses to Portugal: Germany needs a Portugal win over Ghana to advance. Portugal would then advance with Germany.

Ozil had a terrible game. I have no idea what was going through his mind in that second half but he nearly cost Germany the lead.

I think he and Kroos have been disappointing. Reus makes a difference haha, but alas he is gone. I want Bastian in there in place of Ozil. Also if Mustafi even touches the field we are in trouble. Get Drax in.

Özil can be so frustrating to watch, his lack of backchecking and tendency to disappear as soon as a game gets tough can really hurt our team in a game against an athletic and motivated opponent like Ghana. But a lot of players didn't have very strong showings today, be it Lahm who I would still prefer to play left or right back instead of defensive midfielder, Götze who did pretty much nothing besides his goal which was pure luck as well, Mustafi, Khedira and a bunch of others. I didn't mind Kroos though, and I'm usually not a fan of his style of play.

Just not a very strong game in general, but maybe this comes at the right time after everyone was way too enthusiastic after the Portugal-game. I expect Portugal to beat the US tomorrow and then this will be a wide open group once again.