2014 World Cup

Victor

What a stupid decision. Even more because there is less than 10 seconds in the match and he now rules himself out of their next match versus England. Uruguay may have seen their walking papers.

I would say the second, after Netherlands versus Spain. This Dutch team wasn't really expected much from.

But the difference between the Dutch, and Spain as opposed to this game is much smaller IMO.

• Admin

I mean, Uruguay are a bit overrated. They were good in 2010, Forlan was in top form, but they had an easy draw until the semi-final. But I had them 3rd before the tournament started.

That said, to lose to Costa Rica is still big. Really happy for Costa Rica too.

Yeah I don't think the Dutch win over Spain is an upset. It's more of a wake up call, because Spain is ageing and Netherlands do have talent when attacking.

Seth, what did I say about Arsenal rumours. Stop doing that haha. To many Arsenal fans tell you they are going after such and such and the "rumour is".

• Admin

Man, Pirlo free kicks are absolutely gorgeous. Could have easily been 3-1.

Predicted England would lose but they did enough to suggest my 2nd place prediction is valid. I don't think they'd have pinned Italy back if Italy weren't in the lead for the last 40 minutes but nonetheless, Sturridge, Sterling, Barkley, all very good. A bit less crosses from Glen Johnson would be good though. And Rooney.... the facepalm WC logo that comes up after the replays sums him up pretty nicely.

Seth, what did I say about Arsenal rumours. Stop doing that haha. To many Arsenal fans tell you they are going after such and such and the "rumour is".

This.

Yeah I don't think the Dutch win over Spain is an upset. It's more of a wake up call, because Spain is ageing and Netherlands do have talent when attacking.

5 goals though when Spain had conceded 6 over three previous tournaments.

It seems to be a tournament of extremes so far though. So instead of just a Dutch win, it was a Dutch massacre. Instead of Costa Rica being a minor spoiler, they got a win. Etc.

5 goals though when Spain had conceded 6 over three previous tournaments.

It seems to be a tournament of extremes so far though. So instead of just a Dutch win, it was a Dutch massacre. Instead of Costa Rica being a minor spoiler, they got a win. Etc.

What years were those 3 tournaments?

Not only are Pirlo's free kicks beautiful but just watch the way he passes and patrols the midfield, he makes it seem effortless. His passes are pin point whether they are on the deck or through the air.

• Admin

It's a shame Pirlo has been so under-rated until 2012 - I admit that he was not a big name in my eyes either but looking back he should have been. Key player for Milan and 2006 Italy.

For Spain: 2008, 2010, 2012 of course. 3, 2, and 1 goals conceded.

It's a shame Pirlo has been so under-rated until 2012 - I admit that he was not a big name in my eyes either but looking back he should have been. Key player for Milan and 2006 Italy.

For Spain: 2008, 2010, 2012 of course. 3, 2, and 1 goals conceded.

That doesn't hide the fact their ageing though. Like I said they haven't been as dominate now and it's not a surprise that they can be taken down. Keep in mind Puyol is gone, and he was a huge thread in the air.

USA and Ecuador in the finals? These guys clearly drank too much...

That's the point though, they don't care enough to make an educated guess haha.