S79 Deadline Suggestion Drive

Beketov

On 8/16/2021 at 10:24 AM, OrbitingDeath said:

1. Trading cards - a fun way to keep people engaged, set up a trading system for em or so. ISFL can be looked at as an example

On 8/16/2021 at 11:44 PM, Dil said:

Literally everytime I make a player card for vhl.com GFX I always think how cool it would be for VHL trading cards, have a new set of cards every seasons including rookie cards etc

Hey guys I also really like this idea. Do you have any interest in helping make it happen? You can see my thoughts on it in the post above this one.

Edited by scoop

1. Every week choose one player - the most active person in the league either as earning or any other way and just spotlight his involvement in the league.

2. Create some events, like at Sunday there are some party games that could help unite all of the people in the league. Other days it could be graphics battle's, the sky is the limit!

3. Create a role that is for helping younger players, I know for a fact at the start I was really overwhelmed and I didn't really know who to ask for some help at what to do, so someone who is designed to do that and help out would be really great.

1. I'd love to see a sim engine switch, or at least have plans for a switch. I agree STHS fits our needs really well, but I think in the next bit we'll see people go more towards the meta, and I know all of my next players unless I make a goalie will be the same, which isn't that fun.

2. Something to encourage PT production. I liked Reno's ideas of an award at the end of the season for best media/gfx/podcast. Too many clickers right now

3. I'd love to see the BOG discussion breakdown brought back. Really enjoyed ADV's articles on that, but it is a lot of work for someone on the BoG to do, not sure what ADV did but if it's claimable as PT/Job Pay to do that breakdown would be good.

1. Drop the no cursing thing from the general Discord. I know why you do it but I think it's a bit restrictive.

2. I'll echo the comments about areas for customization on the player profile. Little thing but it might help.

3. Get someone to run community stuff like gathering for music on a voice chat or something.

1. In player profile have a picture of your player with the team jersey on.

2. make a way to view lines in the team stats area.

3. Have a way to view jersey numbers.

1 hour ago, Thunfish said:

Drop the no cursing thing from the general Discord. I know why you do it but I think it's a bit restrictive.

There’s not a no cursing rule. Unless you’re not cussing someone out or dropping slurs it’s okay 

1 minute ago, Dil said:

There’s not a no cursing rule. Unless you’re not cussing someone out or dropping slurs it’s okay 

I mean, I did get muted once over a single word.

I'm certain most or all of these ideas have been said, and I'd elaborate a bunch but I've had a busy week and even now I am so so tired.

1. I know Phil and others have said this, but let's bring back some version of the Mentorship program. Throughout my Welcome Wagon portion of my podcast I've been really noticing how many people join and create a player and are either incredibly confused or never get past that point. Perhaps we could implement a checkbox to the player creation page asking if the member would like a mentor. Or perhaps there should be a big obvious location with a "How to do all this shit" video. I know there's lot of resources in place to help new people along, but it seems like we need to do more.

2. Player Store Additions/Revamp - I wonder if we can come up with more creative ways to spend player store money. I have a psychotic idea where players could have the option of putting some of their player salary away into a "Member Savings" bank where they can purchase a different pool of general things. Some of these could be extremely expensive options (moreso than anything currently available), like upgrading your welfare, or purchasing one of the VHL franchises. Piggybacking off that, perhaps we can find a way to utilize the macro-finance/team economics that are available via STHS. So if a member spends $100M buying the Toronto Legion, maybe they can make some of that back through success and attendance of their team. They can be the ones in charge of hiring GMs and shit. Etc. Etc. Like I said, psychotic, but it seems intriguing.

3. Forum Games/Competitions - Again, I know this has been posted multiple times, but I do like the idea of more league sanctioned activities, perhaps worth TPE. Whether this is a movie/game night (Jackbox perhaps), or even something like the chess tournament, or Haxball tournaments, or even stupid League of Legends events that Discord nerds kind of already do. A more league official stance might be cute and fun.

• Commissioner

1.) This is a hard one since I'm on both sides of it. I wish we had some sort of extra game or tournament. The issue with this is that people either feel left out or we just don't have the time/people to do it. Beavis doing the ASG was a fun plus and would like that back. Issue is that it takes a lot of time. 

2.) Figure out a way to make the forum/portal more necessary for casual discussion. I know that discord reigns supreme and it's true. I just think certain topics on the forum would be cool. I know @frescoelmoIs trying to do this with the book/reading thread.

3.) As a few others have said. Player store purchases. While they're nice, we all just go for the regression fighters. I know we can't similar to in other leagues pass the 100 TPE point. But maybe scaling back things and having us only go to 95 and then we have to purchase equipment to pass to 99? Would be interesting make it so we either pay for regression fighters or pay to be a better player.