Backup Simmer

Beketov

• Commissioner

With 3 leagues and some people leaving we're in need of a backup simmer in case one of our main simmers isn't available. Generally speaking said backup would also cover the off-season tournaments which offer a useful training ground as well as time for the main simmers to take a break. During those periods they would receive full 8 TPE simmer pay. Under normal circumstances the backup simmer's pay will vary depending on the workload since most weeks they won't be doing anything unless we need them.

An ideal candidate will have experience with STHS but that is not required, the league will buy your license for you and train you if required. An ideal candidate would also be very active as they may need to be called on in a relatively short timespan. A windows PC is required to run STHS so people running a Mac exclusively cannot hold the position. In addition live streams are required for skimming so your internet connection and computer must be capable of maintaining that.

We put a lot of trust in our simmers and they are privy to a lot of private league information so experience in the league is highly sought after for this position and it is unlikely a newer member will be chosen. As always please leave your comments out of the hiring thread (whether positive or negative) and only reply if you are applying for the position. Our goal is to hire and train the backup simmer relatively quickly so that we can have them run the WJC this season as their first solo attempt.

Thank you and good luck to all applicants,

@Commissioner

I'm applying, I have experience running the Pro-Am and Junior Showcase. Really enjoyed simming for those tournaments and my goal has always been to get a simmer job linked to the league. Already have my license and I generally know how to do everything. Very active and can be called upon with short notice. I've got great internet so no issues streaming at all.

Edited by MexicanCow123

• 2 weeks later...
  • Commissioner

Congratulations @MexicanCow123 on being named our new backup simmer! May whatever God you believe in have mercy on your soul….

• Beketov locked this topic
  • fishy unfeatured this topic