One and a Half Aussies - Episode 16 - It's been a long time

dasboot

Logo.png

Hello everyone! It's sure been awhile since @Berocka and myself have been able to podcast, but we were able to get together and record one and I couldn't be happier. In this episode we catch up, look at the start of the season and call out a GM. Then we have a bit of mod talk, explore a new VHL conspiracy theory and finally steal one of my personal topics and look at some VHL power moves. 

Thanks for listening and let us know what you think! We're hoping to continue podcasting going forward. 

Review: 

Spoiler

bubbles-decent.gif

- Your gorlab podcast is legendary. I go back and listen to it every now and then. Enter that into the competition and it’ll do a full Silence of the Lambs sweep of the awards show.

- Guys, Eno breaks every rule every season. Ever heard of the Louth Rule? It should be the Rama Rule.

- Jardy did bring podcasts back. You guys led the last generation of podcasting and then stopped for a year. But, the mythical One and A Half Aussies is back, with a whole generation of new members who weren't around last time it was live. Get going again and show all these new podcasters who the real legends are.

- Berocka: The first thing you did in the BoG was search your own name? I can see the headline already: “Egotistical maniac campaigns for best community member award”. Also later Boot saying "I'm not a big campaigner..." and Berocka sitting there so quietly hoping we'd just move past that.

- Is leaving 13L of mead in your car for seven months the proper viking way of brewing honey beer?

- Welcome to the FINAL episode of 1.5 Aussies, where our two daddies argue about who does all the work and who the real creator of the show is.

- Your partner paid me to spam refresh on your episode forum posts to boost your view count and your self-esteem.

- Man Berocka, your take on the social environment online is spot on and I love the way you put it. “You assume everyone you meet online is like you" AND ”People always assume the best of people they know, and assume the worst of the people they don’t.” That's perfect, and exactly sums up how to tackle the latest CoC situations. You really have to get to know the people around you to learn their differences and understand their experiences. Shit Berocka, you’re on fire today.

- How great is it that I make up literally 12% of your listenership? Gimme some raffle tickets for that.

- “Next week we have bigAL on the podcast, although I guess I haven’t run it past him yet…” LOVE to hear about my bookings for the first time live on the show and not from my booking agent! 

And now:

Spoiler

POWER MOVE

giphy.gif

• bigAL locked this topic
  • dasboot unlocked this topic
  • Commissioner
8 hours ago, Berocka said:

@dasboot

You forgot to tag the commissioners as we have a formal complaint @bigAL @Beketov @Josh

enjoy ;)

Could we get a formal complaint in some kind of non-hour and a half long podcast format? I appreciate the thought and would love to listen but really don’t have the time to do so.

13 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Could we get a formal complaint in some kind of non-hour and a half long podcast format? I appreciate the thought and would love to listen but really don’t have the time to do so.

Its not really a formal complaint more so that eno is underneath the minimum roster player rule

1 hour ago, bigAL said:

Review: 

Reveal hidden contents

bubbles-decent.gif

- Your gorlab podcast is legendary. I go back and listen to it every now and then. Enter that into the competition and it’ll do a full Silence of the Lambs sweep of the awards show.

- Guys, Eno breaks every rule every season. Ever heard of the Louth Rule? It should be the Rama Rule.

- Jardy did bring podcasts back. You guys led the last generation of podcasting and then stopped for a year. But, the mythical One and A Half Aussies is back, with a whole generation of new members who weren't around last time it was live. Get going again and show all these new podcasters who the real legends are.

- Berocka: The first thing you did in the BoG was search your own name? I can see the headline already: “Egotistical maniac campaigns for best community member award”. Also later Boot saying "I'm not a big campaigner..." and Berocka sitting there so quietly hoping we'd just move past that.

- Is leaving 13L of mead in your car for seven months the proper viking way of brewing honey beer?

- Welcome to the FINAL episode of 1.5 Aussies, where our two daddies argue about who does all the work and who the real creator of the show is.

- Your partner paid me to spam refresh on your episode forum posts to boost your view count and your self-esteem.

- Man Berocka, your take on the social environment online is spot on and I love the way you put it. “You assume everyone you meet online is like you" AND ”People always assume the best of people they know, and assume the worst of the people they don’t.” That's perfect, and exactly sums up how to tackle the latest CoC situations. You really have to get to know the people around you to learn their differences and understand their experiences. Shit Berocka, you’re on fire today.

- How great is it that I make up literally 12% of your listenership? Gimme some raffle tickets for that.

- “Next week we have bigAL on the podcast, although I guess I haven’t run it past him yet…” LOVE to hear about my bookings for the first time live on the show and not from my booking agent! 

And now:

Reveal hidden contents

POWER MOVE

giphy.gif

Thanks for saving me the 1 Hour and 21 Minutes. 

i'm so excited that this podcast is back. this podcast is the one that got me into listening to podcasts in the first place. what a good end of 2021 🥰

berocka i've been following you closely what the fuck. you have a strong follower base you nerd. both of you do

talking yourself is so hard

YOU DIDN'T JUST GET HIRED BECAUSE OF YOUR TIME ZONE AVAILABILITY for fucks sake

who does the "around the vhl" segment names? where did that come from

goalies are good for people who like being in the league but don't give a shit about their player

jardy didn't bring back podcasts. he's just louder than everyone else who podcasts >:)

don't worry everyone i'm solving the goalie problem singlehandedly

16 hours ago, bigAL said:

Berocka: The first thing you did in the BoG was search your own name?

i did that too. same thing when i became a mod–i searched my name in all the new channels i got access to... bek also told me not to take anything in the bog subforum personally, except the only thing in the bog subforum about me was when i won elmebeck and the discussion to bring us in 😇

i don't even need to buy myself a segment on your podcast cuz i get mentioned damn near every episode 😎

i remember when you guys made the mistake of saying no one listened and then like 10 of us were like YES I DO

this is my favorite interaction so far (i'm paraphrasing):

berocka: lots of talk about mods, especially with gus' article

boot: i didn't read that

berocka: it's not out yet. his status says he's working on something else first

boot: i didn't see that

berocka: yeah he said it's his most quantitative article ever

boot: i don't even know what that means

16 hours ago, bigAL said:

“You assume everyone you meet online is like you" AND ”People always assume the best from people they know, and assume the worst from the people they don’t.”

snaps

when you guys started talking about how something you say may not be offensive to you, but it is to someone else... i've obviously heard lots of conversations about that before (and i'm very empathetic toward that argument, we all have things to learn), but i appreciated your viewpoint that even dialectal differences/slang can play into that too. i'm glad you mentioned that. i like listening to your podcasts because i enjoy hearing those words and phrases that aren't in media that i consume regularly

please start stealing segments, it'd be hilarious

✨ spaghetti ✨

overall 9/10, great editing & great to have you guys back. i have to give a criticism to claim this as a review so more discrete segments i guess idk

Edited by fishy

Opening with a sad croony tune, this gon be good.

- At least three people have been following Berocka closely. Boom might literally be right behind you.

- You’re a couple blokes with top notch banter, please hate on each other more.

- David is doomed to some mediocrity. But we’re playoff bound for sure! Too many Poopy players

- Both my goalies are Hall of Fame, I probably do know the secret. (But really there’s too many quality members nowadays)

- GMs were far too kind to Spartan, they should have made him work for his player!

- Did OaaHA just whistle blow on @Enorama and his rule breaking roster minimum with the DC Dragon!? And they tagged the @Commissioners too!

- I only tagged everyone one time, by sort of accident! And I totally recently invented podcasts and having people on podcasts, fight me. A fully original idea that I brought in this April.

- Obviously the solution to being a goalie and good VHL member is to max earn, always. Vintage VHL stuff. 

- Plenty of HOF players have high Passing, the anti passing meta is nonsense.

- Your irresponsibility killed poor Mr Penguin 🐧 

-  Giving up drink is great, have Milks with Boot instead. Or Root Beers with Boot. Or do the opposite of me and don’t change the title but change the podcast content.

- “You’re going to be litty titty after 2:00?” Wot

- Is Block Buster the woman who does the sound bites for these podcasts?

- Berocka you can’t say Thad has good points, you’re sworn rivals!

- Dammit boot, name names! Dox everybody!

- I approve of dodgy updating practices.

- Don’t use nacho Doritos for nachos you sick SOB. Actually that sounds good….

- As for stealing names, have you tried Available Name in the Discord?

- You motherfuckers. Yeah I listened quickly, but I’ll give you the three guests in a moment here… EDIT, here's two:

- “My boss makes a dollar, I make a dime, that’s why I poop on company time.”

- I have a suggestion for your bathroom power move. Buy my personal subforum auction item, then you’ll have the power to do whatever you want there! Give me my entries. Also a charity money.

- “The Blackout.” Is that a power move or are you just an asshole??

- Oh shit, well played Boot 😂

- I’m ready for this tourney. My submission will be very informative and well prepared, as they always are.

- I’ll guest on your goofy ass upside down podcast

Anyway, those notes were garbage, but I very much enjoyed this! Y’all have great chemistry, and your banter is the best in the game. Tough competition for the podcast tourney for sure. I would enjoy it more if you were cruder and called people out more, but I'm glad you spilled on Acyd. 9/10

Edited by JardyB10

7 hours ago, fishy said:

talking yourself is so hard

Clearly! ;^P

4 hours ago, Banackock said:

Thes is gud

thnx u fore beeing bak 

fuhck enoh 

Oh shit Bana's been replaced by an actual Santa polar bear!

12 hours ago, fishy said:

i have to give a criticism to claim this as a review

A head's up that you don't actually have to criticize a PT to claim it as a review, your review just has to be "constructive" - we generally take that to mean that your review is somewhat substantive and not just "wow you recorded a podcast! I really like your voice. Overall, you did a pretty good job, 10/10." I think whatever you guys end up writing as response pieces to podcasts fits the "constructive" definition, in my opinion at least. Adding a random criticism for the sake of it can be scrapped lol.

Why did I stay up until after midnight to listen to 1½ Aussies talk about the colour of chip bags? I do not know, but man has my brain been slow today as a result. So, uhh, Thanks I guess? 10/10 @Berocka @dasboot

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/4/2021 at 12:04 AM, Shindigs said:

Why did I stay up until after midnight to listen to 1½ Aussies talk about the colour of chip bags? I do not know, but man has my brain been slow today as a result. So, uhh, Thanks I guess? 10/10 @Berocka @dasboot

That's quality content down here mate. 

• 4 weeks later...