Season 40 Entry Draft Rankings...32 Updated Players

Mike

Season40_4.png

Holy pardon my French (Sh!t) VHLers since the draft rankings were done last week we had 32 draftees update in practice hours.  That is not only totally unheard of it is likely a VHL record.  That is more than three full rounds of active players in the past week.  I’m in complete shock at this point after last week’s article claiming this draft had a letdown over the previous two weeks.  We are back on track to having quite possibly the greatest VHL Draft Class of all time.  Look back throughout the VHL’s history and see how many drafts have had five rounds of draftees and four rounds with at least one practice hour.

The VHL record for most practice hours by a draftee is just over the 300 mark.  We have Mason Richardson on pace to becoming possibly the hardest working draftee of all time.  Another draftee Thomas O’Malley is right behind him and will likely be in the top 3 percent of all draftee talent of all time.  It doesn’t end there Tyler Cote and Jerrick Poole are already on pace to becoming better than the typical number one overall player.  We are already now talking about the middle to late first round and these players are all worthy of being top five picks.  Players like Gunnar Skovsgard, Gunzerker Salvador, and Lloyd Light will all make the first round as well.

Since last week there have been a number of newer players that the league has been talking about.  Sachimo Zoidberg is the new buzz player in the VHLM hoping to earn a late first round pick.  Kurtis Hunter has showed tremendous improvement lately as well.  Late in the second round players like Danny Schneider, Jacques Grande, and Alecs Van Der Merder have also been making progress toward one day moving up from the minors.  With the number of young prospects moving up the draft board there has to be others moving down to make room.

We saw the return of Da’Brickashaw O’Neal in the form of Jr.  His father had a reputation in the VHL and while many didn’t expect O’Neal Jr. to be a superstar they did expect him to at least be a depth VHLer.  He looks lost currently in the minors but hopefully things get back on track for him.  Aleksander Petrov is also in a free fall down the draft boards.  In a normal draft he might have still gone in the mid to late second but at this rate he could become a third or fourth rounder.

Well like every other draft players get drafted and will either over or under achieve.  No one really knows till years later what actually happened.  That won’t stop us and many others from doing the overly un-necessary mock drafts.  Thankfully the VHL doesn’t beat the draft into the ground like the NFL and Mel Kiper’s awful predictions and analysis.  However next week will mark our first mock draft which will likely end up picking none of the players correctly with so much time till the draft.  It will however be after the trade deadline so we’ll know for sure which teams will have which picks to a better degree.

Honestly some of you guys should consider a switch to forward, sooooo many people are already defensemen in the league and many more are being created. The demand for an active younger forward is high from what ive heard ;):D

Well everyone gets 1 free positional change in their career (I don't think adding the store changed that) and with the ability to buy an additional position change now in the store I'm sure you could become a forward eventually if you want to.

Well everyone gets 1 free positional change in their career (I don't think adding the store changed that) and with the ability to buy an additional position change now in the store I'm sure you could become a forward eventually if you want to.

This. Kyrie changed to a goaltender so I don't see why you can't switch to a forward.