Bear hungry after 1 year rebuild

Banackock

Well, I've said it quite a few times but I'll say it again because of how proud I am of the work we've done and the group we've got. 12 seasons in a row of contention. 7 finals. 5 cups. We took S80 off to rebuild and posted a record of 20-40-12 with only Toronto doing worse than us (surprise). This season, we made some big moves, had a very interesting/busy/challenging off-season, but managed to check the box on everything we needed and it turned out to be pretty damn good. Regular season came to an end yesterday and we ended the season with a record of 46-21-5... which is crazy to think that last season we just started a rebuild. Now I know with players retiring and all of that we have some challenges ahead of us, but for now, let's focus on what a great season we just had and do a quick little review so I can earn +6 capped for my media spot and use up the +6 uncapped we got from the Christmas stuff!

Seattle Bears Season additions:

• Venus Thightrap - 50G, 68A, 118P (Trade)
  • Luke Thornton - 38G, 42A, 80P (Trade)
  • Justin Lose - 72G, 70A, 142P (FA)
  • Phoenix Dawson - 25G, 92A, 117P (Trade)
  • Gunnar Odinsson - 54G, 55A, 109P (FA)
  • Zeedayno Chara - 22G, 86A, 108P (Trade)
  • Sven Eightnine (R) - 17G, 36A, 53P (Call Up)
  • Em Em Flex (R) - 39-20-5, .918SV%, 3.25GAA (Call up)

I don't know about you, but them are some nice additions and they all came at good costs for the team to focus on now and then. I won't go too much more into it but excited to see the award show, you know? Now for some players...

• Justin Lose @youloser1337 What a rocket of a season. 72 in 72. He had more points this season than his last 2 combined with the Riga Reign.. His Plus/Minus from this season also wipes out every season of negative value from his Riga PAIN days... Thanks for coming to Seattle. You've been amazing as a player, member and person. We're lucky to have you!
  • Gunnar Odinsson @BOOM Well, crazy how FA went. I think for a bit I thought we were getting you, then all of a sudden that changed at the VHL draft, then you messaged all the GM's, I was the only one to respond (surprise x2) and then all of a sudden things changed again. It disappoints me you chose to retire. Not because of greed. You be happy and enjoy your players. You just had a really strong season, your career really could have ended well and we really liked having you around. I hope Seattle was good to you and you enjoyed your time and would come back one day!
  • Zeedayno Chara @Jubis Another career high guy but he spent his whole time with NYA. Similar to Lose, he erased all of his negative values for plus/minus too from his time with NYA. Assist per game, 345 shots as a dman and overall an amazing blue liner for us. 
  • Venus Thightrap @BladeMaiden Happy you came back to Seattle. While you were around, you were an amazing person and Bear in the LR. Great ending to your career. 
  • Luke Thornton @Jtv123 Well, our second trip together and I'd say it went pretty damn well. Maybe your next one comes here too? ;) I should have joked about you not getting a hit in the final game... you were even on hitting lines with hitting strats to help you out.... 1,999... :P 
  • Em Em Flex  @oilmandan Good season for you, man. 39-20-5 as a rookie goalie is pretty damn good and the rest of the stats are too considering the high scoring it feels like we just had. Keep earning that TPE.. do YO TASKS. Let's do this EMEMFLEX.
  • Sigard Petrenko @SlapshotDragon I know the start feels slow, but you're playing a good part and you've been amazing in the locker room. We're very lucky to have you and experience your "team first" attitude and patience as you help push the team forward. Looking at your stats, an improvement in everything and overall, you push forward. With the right development and traits, next year is yours to BREAK OUT OF THE CAGE.
  • Vinny Detroit @the boat Alright, a name change. Threw me for a loop there. The Seattle Bears captain and a strong, loyal voice in the locker room that adds an enjoyable presence and tone. I really tried to help you out with hits again while maintaining everyone else's stats and I don't think people realize how tough that can be. One wrong turn and you slow down Justin Lose, or Chara, or Venus etc... but we got it done while helping literally everyone out this season.. You finished with 3 more hits this season than last too (342). 1,520 more and you tie the lead for all-time Bears.. should only take 4.5 more seasons??
  • Sven Eightnine @BarzalGoat I have nothing good to say after the Islanders and the Refs beat the Oilers, hehe. Hell of a rookie campaign for a Dman.. I'm happy to FINALLY have one of your players on the Bears.. You're gonna have a very strong career for the Bears.. maybe HoF??? Keep pushing man! LETS GO BEARS!!
  • Phoenix Dawson @Toast We swapped you to D and you exploded even more it felt like... Thanks for coming back to Seattle.. Get your ass back on now and start earning some TPE ;) 

I'm just over 900 words so might as well NOT use my free week from donations next week (fuck) and blab a little bit more so I can get two weeks out of this. Honestly, not a bad thing. The Free Week would have messed up getting the Bears press conference out so that's okay! Bana Blabs are occasionally fun too. Looking back on the season, it was challenging but rewarding for sure. Everyone had fun in the locker room and we really have a unique, amazing and loyal group here. I really think they're something special and if they stick with it and stick together, they have strong chances at chasing many cups together. Thank you to all you Bears from an amazing season and for all your work to help me and us get to where we are right now. I'm grateful for each of you. CHEERS!

1,068 words

Dec 27-Jan 2

Jan 3-Jan9

1 hour ago, Banackock said:

Justin Lose @youloser1337 What a rocket of a season. 72 in 72. He had more points this season than his last 2 combined with the Riga Reign.. His Plus/Minus from this season also wipes out every season of negative value from his Riga PAIN days... Thanks for coming to Seattle. You've been amazing as a player, member and person. We're lucky to have you!

Season 5 Hug GIF by The Office