Where I've Been

Beketov

• Commissioner

I've mentioned this to at least one member on here and he may have mentioned it to others. In case he hasn't though I wanted to write this myself and update everyone on why I haven't been around.

2am Tuesday morning I woke up with some pain in my stomach. Couldn't really sleep and felt kinda flu like but I didn't think much of it.

Over the course of Tuesday and Wednesday the pain got worse and I was sick a few times but it still just sorta felt like a flu so I wasn't getting myself worked up, until about 8pm. At that time something changed and the pain was unbearable. I couldn't stand up straight, I could barely breath, so reluctantly (I am a man after all) I went into the ER. I sat in the ER from 8:30 until 1:30 in the morning before getting a bed but finally got some tests done and some sleep.

Fast forward to Wednesday morning and a few tests later, I guess my appendix had ruptured haha. Doctor said it was completely septic and a total mess. He was actually amazed I was able to sit and talk to him the night before. Apparently I should have been in a ball on the ground I guess?

Anyway, been in the hospital doing the oh so much fun (I'm kidding it's terrible) post-op thing. I'm hoping to get discharged Wednesday and get back to usual.

For now I just wanted to let you guys all know why I fell off the face of the earth so suddenly. There are more details, some are kinda funny, some just sucked, but I think the above is gross enough haha.

Hopefully everyone understands. I do have WiFi here but it's spotty at best and my free time is limited.

• Senior Admin

Good luck! Glad to hear you are recovering and hope it goes well. Take your time, health is waaaay more important than me. For now.

Wow, I actually thought that was going to be a completely normal post until the last sentance.

Get better soon bud!

Hopefully you aren't American and paying thousands of dollars on top of your pain and anguish.

I'm American, and my appendix was removed when I was 18

I think it cost slightly over $100, but mine didn't quite rupture

I know I don't know you, but I'm definitely sorry to hear about what's going on. Definitely don't worry, no matter your duties here, your health is always more important! Get well soon.

Holy fuck guy!  Hahaha, I'm glad you're okay.  I thought this thread was going into cancer territory or something else of that seriousness, so I literally breathed out in relief when I realized you were just being an idiot :P.

Hopefully you aren't American and paying thousands of dollars on top of your pain and anguish.

Sharpe's a Newfie, he's good to go.

I mean, he's from NB technically.  But he has the most Eastern accent on the site so he's a Newfie until someone out-Newfies him.

• Commissioner

Holy fuck guy! Hahaha, I'm glad you're okay. I thought this thread was going into cancer territory or something else of that seriousness, so I literally breathed out in relief when I realized you were just being an idiot :P.

Sharpe's a Newfie, he's good to go.

I mean, he's from NB technically. But he has the most Eastern accent on the site so he's a Newfie until someone out-Newfies him.

We had two actual newfies for awhile, I'm gonna have to bring them back I guess haha.

But yes, not American, thankfully. 2 portable a-rays, 4 normal ones, 2 CT scans, an EKG (I think I don't remember every test) and a shit ton of bloodworm. That's not even counting the pain meds. Gotta love socialized health care.

Unfortunately for me the drugs are still based on insurance which I don't have so my eventual prescriptions should be fun.

Edited by Beketov

• Commissioner

Appendicitis is probably the most straightforward operation in medicine I think, but still no fun I have heard. Get well soon.

When everything or normal they go in with one lacroscopic camera, snip the appendix out and close you up. 45 minute job and usually 2 days to recover.

Mine still managed to be lacroscopic (amazingly) but they needed three holes and a bit over an hour to clean everything out. Doctor said my appendix had gone completely gangrene, my bowers were twisted up like a nest and my kidneys were starting to shut down.

I guess the morale is don't just assume everything will be fine until something inside you pops haha. Doctor I saw the first night actually apologized on his behalf and the nursing staffs. He said if they had realized what it was (I don't blame them, pain was on the wrong side, I wasn't really showing it as much,etc) I likely would have been in surgery that night by midnight rather than still waiting on a bed.