The worst shooters in the league

Hi all, today we will be looking at the people that are the worst shooters in the league. Which players try the hardest but just cant seem to find the net? You will all find that out today in this week’s edition of my point task.

Kristof Welch - Left Wing - HC Davos Dynamo
Currently the worst shooter in the league might surprise you. It is @Juice ! While he scored 14 goals after his trade to Warsaw, he was held scoreless in four games with the HC Davos Dynamo, resulting in the best score of 0,0% shooting!  Sure he picked it up and is almost at 10% now, but as the only player with 0,0 for a specific team, it felt worth pointing out.

Girts Galvins - Left Wing - Warsaw Predators
While Welch picked up some nice goals in Warsaw, we cant say the same for @”Girts” who manage to just score a single goal this season on 118 shots total. This total brings him up to 0,85%, but considering this is his rookie season, there is no doubt he will further improve during his career. Start low, aim high should be his plan

Deagun Rust - Right Wing - Los Angeles Stars
We find the second rookie on our list in third place. @Spade18 has scored three times so far this season in a total of 156 shots. This gives him a shooting percentage of 1.92%. Being on the league’s worst scoring team with only 89 goals in 55 games, it had to be expected he wouldn’t score much. So just like Galvins, this is something we can only see become better in the near future.

Finn Davis - Center - Los Angeles Stars
On fourth place we find Finn Davis, another rookie player. In his first season with the Los Angeles Stars he also scored 3 goals in total, but he used two less shots for this compared to rust. Due to this @M1nT just places below his teammate, but the battle remains open for the rest of the season. It might come down to which ever of them shoots the least amount of times in the final stretch. Davis has currently a shooting percentage of 1.95%, so its just 0.03 % difference

Armani Calamari - Center - Toronto Legion
Just being on a top team does not guarantee you a better shooting percentage, its something we already saw with Galvins. The same can be said for @WildfireMicro, who might be in the running for worst decline since the previous season. Armani Calamari scored 32 times in 72 games last season, but only found the net just once this year. Ofcourse this is also related to the attribute changes, but it’s sad to see such numbers after an excellent rookie and sophomore year. With a 1.96% shooting percentage it’s really close to the previous players, but for now Calamari finishes out the top 5. The best statistic of the season however also comes on Armani’s name. All his goals this season were game winning goals. So if Calamari scores, it’s the game winning one. 

Hard Markinson - Defense - Moscow Menace
Now for the fun part. Here we find my buddy @STZ , as the second highest defenseman in tpe, this is a player you would not expect to see in the worst shooters of the league. But here we are, Hard Markinson did score a nice total of 8 goals, so more than the ones before him on the list. But he also shot a whole lot more as the others, a total of 237 in total. This lead to a shooting percentage of 3.38%.  So while his shooting has not been as good as he might have hoped, i’m sure a lot of these shots led to goals, as he does have a nice amount of 63 assists so far. 

Dabnab Shaw - Defense - Malmo Nighthawks
The second defenseman on the list can’t really be compared to the previous one in this stage of his career as @Dabnad is just a rookie. But there shooting % is really close. He scored three times on 83 shots, so a whole lot lower volume as Markinson before us, but to have similar stats as a possible future Hall of Famer, even if it is a low shooting percentage, is a nice feat to have.

Nathan Powers - Defense - Prague Phantoms
The third defenseman in a row is one of the prague phantoms. Coming from a 15 and a 20 goal season the prior years, Powers definitely has taken a step back in terms of scoring, i’m quite sure we can blame the attribute changes for that. It atleast has lowered his shooting percentage to the 8th lowest in the league. Powers is the final player with a shooting percentage under the 4 %. His 130 shots lead to a total of 3.85 % shooting. He isn’t having a bad season as his 41 points in 56 games is pretty respectable still. @JB123 will enter his first regression season next year, so we will see if these stats change again. Will he shoot better again as this year? I’m saying he will rebound for sure, showing this season was a fluke for Powers.

Drakon Zabastovka - Defense - Vancouver Wolves
Sting Chameleon - Defense - Toronto Legion

A fourth and fifth defenseman are holding the shared 9th spot together with a shooting percentage of 4.35% each. A coincidence maybe, but its a fun fact to see that both of them are still in their rookie years as well and both of them scored three times on 69 shots (i know @”shindigs” will love that number),  so for @Hybrid1486  and @DarkSpyro  it will be a nice heads up battle to see which one of them will be the least bad shooter once we hit the end of the season. Zabastovka has two more games to play, so that could work both in his advantage as disadvantage depending how you look at it.

It will be nice to see which of these players will still improve and escape being in the top 10 of worst shooters. One goal can really make a difference at this point. The only certainty at this point is Welch keeping his top spot for his Davos tenure.

Words 1000+

Edited by OrbitingDeath

15 minutes ago, OrbitingDeath said:

Hi all, today we will be looking at the people that are the worst shooters in the league. Which players try the hardest but just cant seem to find the net? You will all find that out today in this week’s edition of my point task.

Currently the worst shooter in the league might surprise you. It is @Juice ! While he scored 14 goals after his trade to Warsaw, he was held scoreless in four games with the HC Davos Dynamo, resulting in the best score of 0,0% shooting!  Sure he picked it up and is almost at 10% now, but as the only player with 0,0 for a specific team, it felt worth pointing out.

While Welch picked up some nice goals in Warsaw, we cant say the same for @”Girts” who manage to just score a single goal this season on 118 shots total. This total brings him up to 0,85%, but considering this is his rookie season, there is no doubt he will further improve during his career. Start low, aim high should be his plan

Deagun Rust - Right Wing - New York Americans
We find the second rookie on our list in third place. @Spade18 has scored three times so far this season in a total of 156 shots. This gives him a shooting percentage of 1.92%. Being on the league’s worst scoring team with only 89 goals in 55 games, it had to be expected he wouldn’t score much. So just like Galvins, this is something we can only see become better in the near future.

Finn Davis - Center - New York Americans
On fourth place we find Finn Davis, another rookie player. In his first season with the Los Angeles Stars he also scored 3 goals in total, but he used two less shots for this compared to rust. Due to this @M1nT just places below his teammate, but the battle remains open for the rest of the season. It might come down to which ever of them shoots the least amount of times in the final stretch. Davis has currently a shooting percentage of 1.95%, so its just 0.03 % difference

Just being on a top team does not guarantee you a better shooting percentage, its something we already saw with Galvins. The same can be said for @WildfireMicro, who might be in the running for worst decline since the previous season. Armani Calamari scored 32 times in 72 games last season, but only found the net just once this year. Ofcourse this is also related to the attribute changes, but it’s sad to see such numbers after an excellent rookie and sophomore year. With a 1.96% shooting percentage it’s really close to the previous players, but for now Calamari finishes out the top 5. The best statistic of the season however also comes on Armani’s name. All his goals this season were game winning goals. So if Calamari scores, it’s the game winning one. 

Now for the fun part. Here we find my buddy @STZ , as the second highest defenseman in tpe, this is a player you would not expect to see in the worst shooters of the league. But here we are, Hard Markinson did score a nice total of 8 goals, so more than the ones before him on the list. But he also shot a whole lot more as the others, a total of 237 in total. This lead to a shooting percentage of 3.38%.  So while his shooting has not been as good as he might have hoped, i’m sure a lot of these shots led to goals, as he does have a nice amount of 63 assists so far. 

The second defenseman on the list can’t really be compared to the previous one in this stage of his career as @Dabnad is just a rookie. But there shooting % is really close. He scored three times on 83 shots, so a whole lot lower volume as Markinson before us, but to have similar stats as a possible future Hall of Famer, even if it is a low shooting percentage, is a nice feat to have.

The third defenseman in a row is one of the prague phantoms. Coming from a 15 and a 20 goal season the prior years, Powers definitely has taken a step back in terms of scoring, i’m quite sure we can blame the attribute changes for that. It atleast has lowered his shooting percentage to the 8th lowest in the league. Powers is the final player with a shooting percentage under the 4 %. His 130 shots lead to a total of 3.85 % shooting. He isn’t having a bad season as his 41 points in 56 games is pretty respectable still. @JB123 will enter his first regression season next year, so we will see if these stats change again. Will he shoot better again as this year? I’m saying he will rebound for sure, showing this season was a fluke for Powers.

A fourth and fifth defenseman are holding the shared 9th spot together with a shooting percentage of 4.35% each. A coincidence maybe, but its a fun fact to see that both of them are still in their rookie years as well and both of them scored three times on 69 shots (i know @”shindigs” will love that number),  so for @Hybrid1486  and @DarkSpyro  it will be a nice heads up battle to see which one of them will be the least bad shooter once we hit the end of the season. Zabastovka has two more games to play, so that could work both in his advantage as disadvantage depending how you look at it.

It will be nice to see which of these players will still improve and escape being in the top 10 of worst shooters. One goal can really make a difference at this point. The only certainty at this point is Welch keeping his top spot for his Davos tenure.

Words 1000+

I know I'm only in the VHLE but I think I deserve an honourary spot on this list just because of how bad my shooting% is especially when you consider that until 5 sims ago my shooting% was 6%!

9 minutes ago, STZ said:

Big yikes… wonder what’s leading to this drop in shooting percentage.

Part of it would be due to the nerf of the skaters versus the netminders (at least that appears logical to me)...

Other than that, it seems more realistic now... for example Roman Josi, arguably one of the best defenders in the NHL, has a career average shooting percentage of 6.5% (playoffs even 3.9%)

This season he hit 8.2% in regular season, the best shooting percentage in his career as of yet...

Edited by Daniel Janser

On 5/17/2022 at 9:08 AM, OrbitingDeath said:

Good... Good.... I'm here to fight, not to score.

Let the hate flow through you

Title made me laugh before I even opened the article, which maybe you intended but it gave me a chuckle. I always appreciate articles that list players like this and show stats to back it, it makes the article feel more immersive and gives life to it. Plus the writeup on each player was done nicely and it was easy to read. Maybe you could've added a picture of some player missing an open net or something. 9/10

On 5/17/2022 at 9:08 AM, OrbitingDeath said:

Finn Davis - Center - Los Angeles Stars

Words 1000+

Glad to make this list, not really but hey, I still have a stat near a possible HOFer so I’ll take it

• 2 weeks later...