Around the league with Bana #7

Banackock

ATLWB.png.ab04f82336a49f0a3815d60df420f9

ATLWB - Hello, VHL. I hope everyone is doing well and if you're Canadian - you're enjoying the long weekend. American's don't get one so HAHA! They do get Memorial Day though which is coming up the Monday after though I think. Everyone enjoy those amazing long weekends. I've been stuck at work and don't get my stat until Wednesday. A nice little 5 day off stretch is largely needed. Head on over into the world of all things VHL, VHLE and VHLM and we have been getting some crazy action, baby. Both leagues are bumping and thumping as we make the final dash towards the playoffs. I also haven't noticed theme week. I haven't looked to hard. Am I going crazy, is there no theme week or am I both crazy and no theme week? Stay tuned. With that being said, let's tag some names and burn through this weeks Around The League with BANA! LETS GO!

League Announcements and Links

S83 VHL Index

S83 VHLE Index

S83 VHLM Index

Official VHL APP for iOS and Android

VHL

• As of the latest simulation, we still find Moscow at the tip top in the European conference and the Seattle Bears in the North American conference. Both teams have held first place overall in the VHL a few times this season and right now they're neck and neck with 105 to 106 points. Something tells me Moscow gets it and that's totally fine. I don't know how many Victory Cups I've won but what I can largely tell you is that they're overrated. Some might even say cursed!
  • Helsinki, London, Warsaw and Prague find themselves in an extremely intense battle for the final playoff spots in the European conference and it's very fitting to see as we look over on the opposite end of the blue lagoon and notice two horrible teams about to make the playoffs that are sub .500. I swear to god someone was saying this was the year of the Dragon. Maybe I'm still stuck in 2012 or looking into the future at 2024. Those timelines seem realistic. Either way, watch for one of either Chicago or DC Dragons to defeat Seattle in the playoffs without breaking a sweat.
  • Move on over to some statistics, lets spread the love and embrace the players and members of the VHL. @Mr_Hatter is the man this season with Paul Atreides leading the league with 57 goals and 116 points. MR HATTER never ceases to amaze his fans! Aurelien Moreau @Frank has taken assists to a whole new level with 88 on the season as he has a 14 assist league on second places Battre Sandstrom @Acydburn Gary Tarantino II @Garrett leads the league for worst +/- with a -62 on the powerfully and always strong New York Americans. Big sexy @Jubis and Zeedayno Chara teach the league what being clutch is all about with an AMAZING 15 game winners. DAMN! Sending goalies some love, my boy @oilmandan with 48 wins this season should be the most... Xavier Booberry leads the league with an impressive .931 SV% and an astonishing 1.85 GAA (candidate for GOTY) and he end @oilmandan  lead with 9 Shut outs.... I'd say it's between them two!! Good luck lads. :cheers:

VHLE

• Vasteras is in first (gross) followed by Cologne (nice) and Instabul. Rome sitting in dead last with a 15-49-4 record. 
  • Connor Wilson @LeBron Jamezz and Bob Chicoine @PoignardLeclerc11 lead the VHLE with 40 goals. Seems that the scoring is a little more spread out than the VHL? Eldon Escobar @TeeJay11 is showing that passing is just as much fun as he leads the entire league with 64 helpers.. Pierre Emilie Bouchard leads the VHLE with 17 power play goals which is very cool considering they only have 20 goals in total... man is a PP menace!! Jake Thunder @Thunder could be in the strong runnings for DOTY... excellent point total and 193 shots blocked... this guys a total WALL!!
  • Red Gaming @Lilpfigher leads the way with 34 wins for Vasteras. Augustus Kennedy @InstantRockstar has the highest save percentage  of .935 despite struggling a little bit this season with a weaker Oslo. Freddy Freeze @G_Rush has been asking for a trip to Hawaii for a little while.. hes a very busy man having faced a league leading 2,153 shots.. 

VHLM

• Never been a fan of Halifax but they find themselves leading the way right now in the East, two points up on a team I've always loved in Miami. In the West conference, Vegas and San Diego are neck and neck running away with things in the VHLM - both with 108 points. Mexico is very bad. Philly is not as bad but bad. Saskatoon is 11-50-6 and in a playoff spot. I guess that is the way the M goes sometimes hey?
  • Hockley Mann @Sen leads the VHLM with 86 points. Akio Suzuki @Erik has a one goal lead on @Sen for most goals with 35. HEAT IS ON THAT RACE. James Kagelberg @MatiasMa would be trusted with my house plants any day as they can be trusted to keep the puck in the right zone as they lead the M with a beautiful plus minus of  +67... Mikayev Ivanovitch @Mikayev Ivanovitch leads the VHLM with 225 hits as they're the man reason the players union is looking at increasing health benefits... 
  • Art Vanderlay @Gustav and Jean Mercier @Is_thatok co-share the throne right now for most wins in the M by a goalie with 42... what a fun battle between the two to see who reigns #1 to end the season..  Travis Clark leading the league with the best SV% @ClarkClanT with a .927. Man stops a lot of rubber. Basileus Jute @Matt thunder has let in  85 more goals than the second highest goalie for Goals Against... HELL YES... 

As we enter the final little bits of the Season 83 regular season, I'd like to wish everyone the best of luck in the remaining battles. It's always an exciting time of season for most - and for others it's an excellent time to break, revamp and rest and get focused on the next season. For myself, my old bones are not what they used to be when it comes to the VHL. As the Bears head into their 14th playoff session in the last 15 years, I look forward to all the battles I have left in my hour glass. Good luck out there - stay safe, stay healthy.

May 16-22

May 23 -29