HC Davos Dynamo GM Change

Molholt

Hello VHL,

After a season and a half as the GM of the HC Davos Dynamo, with one cup win under the belt during a half season (with 100% of the credit going to Victor) and a chance at another in my first full season, I feel like this is the perfect time to step away. This is my Barry Sanders moment.

As a GM, I was 6-0 with a cup win in the Snub Cup. My first GMing experience in the VHL :P  Then I got a cup win in a half season/interim role. Now, Davos is trying to pick up our 3rd in 4 years, quite the impressive feat if we pull it off. To me, that's enough. 

I was glad to step into the role when Victor went away. I have thoroughly enjoyed Davos and have the team and Victor to thank for me being active once again. It has re-ignited my interest in the league. That being said, when Victor came back I knew that he might have some interest in returning - I offered him his spot back if he wanted it, as I have always felt like my job is rightfully his. Victor threw a curveball at me and began searching for a replacement other than himself. At first I thought, "this isn't what I meant at all," but as the search went on I knew that it was ultimately the right move for me. The thing I enjoy most in this league is the draft, both for the VHLM and the VHL. That was when I was most active with Jarkko, and even with my first player that never made it to the VHL. As a GM, I would've missed out on that experience. Jarkko will be playing out his last season and then I will enter the next class of draftees, with carryover TPE for the first time ever. I'll get to come into the league again with no idea where I'll end up - should be interesting.

With that being said, I think this move is best for the future of Davos as well, as my retirement and recreation would have forced my hand into trading Bentley. Now, Bentley is free to remain with the team under whatever direction they choose. I'm glad to announce that the new GM is a current Dynamo, one which I think will do a great job and has already been cooking up plans for his reign. The new HC Davos Dynamo GM will be CoachReilly, I know he'll do great. 

I didn't get a chance to do many moves as the general manager, so I only have two moves that I am happy about. The first, was simply sending out an email to Coach, letting him know we were about to win the cup, and that Moher was beasting. Luckily for us, that (I assume) brought him back from over a month long disappearance and he has been a vital member for us once again. The second was the signing of Godavari Yumalatopinto. I'm glad that I got a chance to negotiate a free agent deal in this league, winning out of Mike and the Riga Reign for Yumalatopinto's services. The only other move I made was giving Quebec a helping hand for their rebuild by basically giving away Azamet Ali. You're welcome. 

Everyone welcome Coach to the new position. Best wishes to him, the team, and the future. However, we only have one goal right now, and that is taking home the S39 Cup. 3/4 ain't bad. Let's finish it off. 

:dav:  :1st:  :dav:

• Admin

You done well soldier. Next season I expect Felix Zamora to take over.

At last the greatest VHLM GM arrives on the scene (or one of the top 3 greatest). The best move for the franchise strictly from the Moher/Olsen angle. Otherwise, replacing quality with quality.

:dav: #davatars

At last the greatest VHLM GM arrives on the scene (or one of the top 3 greatest). The best move for the franchise strictly from the Moher/Olsen angle. Otherwise, replacing quality with quality.

But now who replaces the Seattle GM!!!! ohh nnnooo  :francis:

• Head Moderator

24a.jpg

Edited by frescoelmo

Plus we need to have a GM ready for when Jason steps down, which is when he becomes the longest serving GM in history apparently.

With this season, he passed Pensfan for longest term. I don't know for sure if he has the most seasons overall, though (I think that is Mike's for now, but I'll go check).

Confirmed for true.

Edited by Streetlight