Claimed:KölnCast: Episode 3

AwfulHomesick

Episode 3

Filled with a bunch of draft coverage, Cologne dick-stroking, and a good 10-15 minutes of alcohol story swapping and advice (and more). These episodes keep getting more fun and fun to make. If you listen far enough, Romanes brings up a good argument over welfare and player activity. Feel free to add your input in the comments! Thanks for listening guys.

Intro Song: Viva Colonia - De Höhner

Outro Song: 1 FC Köln Hymne - De Höhner

Edited by AwfulHomesick

For the record I don't hate Frank at all, he is actually a funny/intelligent guy. Just past transactions made it so much harder to agree to the direction. You can't argue with results as he does win.

Rathod was on the top of my list. He's my buddy so I wanted him so bad. And earlier in the season, I asked Edgar to don't draft him because I want it badly so that why I was so surprised that he actually draft him before me. Anyway, I'm glad to have Jakobsen in the team, he was second on my list. An awesome member and an awesome player.

and yeah, I hope 701 could turn into beast mode and go like Smooth Jive. I was drafted with 90 TPE so I'm not scare.

Rathod was on the top of my list. He's my buddy so I wanted him so bad. And earlier in the season, I asked Edgar to don't draft him because I want it badly so that why I was so surprised that he actually draft him before me. 

Well thats your first mistake. Never release details to another GM, they kind of have a duty to draft him then haha

I'll learn from it. 

Yeah. Rathod is a good member and I see big things with him but I know from experience that if you get your hopes up about drafting one player, don't release any hint you want him.

• Senior Admin

Context: 3/3

Keeping my streak of instant podcast grades going here. Good listen my friends. I think STZ made some excellent choices at the draft and I think they'll prove to be awesome. I agree that the BPA rule is possibly a bit too generous. In true Don Draper fashion, I'm a Canadian Club man myself. And I actually like Drapers character in the last season. That miserable, drunk, prick is what I aspire to be each and every day. I like Germany's drinking laws personally. If its legal to drink beer, not that many kids are going to bother drinking hard liquor until thats legal as well. So its a good way to ease people into it imo. But 21 is definitely way too high and probably does more harm than good.

Professionalism: 2/2

Sure!

Editing: 1/1

Yes sir.

Overall: 6/6 

Devise...the king of exaggeration.

"Player before..Smooth Jive had 900 TPE!"

He had 688 Devise..

BTW, Cuff had a very solid player previously with 362 TPE.  Definitely have seen a lot of shitty players from him too though.  Seems that life can get in the way a lot for him.

Frank is hilarious, and he's actually become one of my favorite members because of that. Plus he's a cool dude.

I see it didn't take long for Devise to rub off on the CologneCast, she's a long one :P

Finally someone who understands me. Only took 10,000 posts. Gotta be the little things though.

So how did you guys like the music :lol: ? And any thoughts on the Welfare questions we posed later on in the cast?

So how did you guys like the music :lol: ? And any thoughts on the Welfare questions we posed later on in the cast?

Going to listen today and will email you my thoughts

• Senior Admin

I liked the music, made me feel like I was sitting in some German bar drinking a beer, at age 16 of course. 

And....I forget what the question was..

• Admin

I agree that the BPA rule is possibly a bit too generous.

Haven't had the chance to listen yet but to this (and I didn't have the chance to reply to Romanes in the Skype draft chat): why punish a team already struggling because of their GM by not selecting BPA? What good does it serve the league to further beat down a franchise?

As for drinking age, it's 18 here and obviously as evidenced by the German example a bit more lenient elsewhere in Europe. You North Americans are way to tight about drinking and the like. At least at government level. Or maybe it's just Canada.

(oh yeah, English football fans are jealous of Germans 'cause you can drink in German football stadiums (in the seats, not the bars))