Claimed:KölnCast: Episode 3

AwfulHomesick

Isn't it 19 in most provinces?

Yeah your right. Fuck all those other provinces are so backwards. 18 is a fine legal drinking age. Hell I'd even settle for what Germany does where once you turn 16 you are legal to buy beer and wine, and harder alcohol you can buy once you turn 18. As we said in the cast, the more you tell people not to do something...the more they will do it. I mean granted 19 isn't as bad as the 21 it is in America, which is just silly. 

1. In Canada, there is no federally defined legal drinking age — each province and territory sets its own limits. The legal age for purchasing, possessing, consuming and supplying alcohol is 18 in Alberta, Manitoba and Quebec, and 19 in all other provinces and territories

Devise, I couldn't agree more. The more you tell someone they can't do it, the more they want to do it. Which is why at my job there are some things we are forced to deal with that we shouldn't even have an issue with because of laws restricting people.

• Admin

Devise, I couldn't agree more. The more you tell someone they can't do it, the more they want to do it. Which is why at my job there are some things we are forced to deal with that we shouldn't even have an issue with because of laws restricting people.

At least you can grow marijuana for personal use in BC. That should really be implemented in more places. It would be the same as smoking, which a very small minority now does.

At least you can grow marijuana for personal use in BC. That should really be implemented in more places. It would be the same as smoking, which a very small minority now does.

Possession is still a crime though. You also need a personal production license though as well. It's common for people to think it's legal in many cases here but the laws are just not as enforced as other places. However, we've spent double the time charging them in the past 10 years. That number is higher though because of the increased interest in growing.

I personally feel it should all be legal, but maybe taxed. That way you don't have people rebelling just to prove a point.

• Senior Admin

Lmao I just don't understand how they can justify spending so much taxpayer money to police and jail people for basic possession and things like that, not to mention the costs of the programs they put in place to try and win an un-winnable war. 

Haven't had the chance to listen yet but to this (and I didn't have the chance to reply to Romanes in the Skype draft chat): why punish a team already struggling because of their GM by not selecting BPA? What good does it serve the league to further beat down a franchise?

As for drinking age, it's 18 here and obviously as evidenced by the German example a bit more lenient elsewhere in Europe. You North Americans are way to tight about drinking and the like. At least at government level. Or maybe it's just Canada.

Yeah, thats actually a good point. I never thought of it from the perspective of a player on the team, my opinion has changed. 

21 in America is just nuts. I really don't understand it. I think 19 is excessive too. Also, where else has provincially monopolized liquor stores? We do here in Nova Scotia, which is bullshit. Fucking dicks. 

Edited by Draper

PA has only recently agreed to allow beer and wine sales in grocery stores, any other alcohol must be purchased at "Wine and Spirits" owned by the state. About a year ago, wine was at the same, and beer was only at beer distributors, who weren't allowed to sell a whole lot else.