DAV/QUE ; VOID

Frank

It's a stupid rule if it is truly a rule.

Frank trades a young, prime Aksel Thomassen (who came to Quebec as a GM re-create) to Davos for a shitload because he's an active young player and that's how much he's worth.  Before his contract expires (or even after, it doesn't really matter), he retires and re-creates again because that's better timing for his rebuild. 

That's an unfair scenario, and that's why GMs must have their own player in their own organization.

So no, it isn't a stupid rule.

the rental will be retired this season.

again, don't understand how precedent holds bounds over league rules, but whatever.

why can't i retire at the trade deadline. per league rules. please explaine.

Because you'd be earning TPE for another team and therefore it causes a conflict of interest. At least that's the reasoning that was always given to me.

Frank trades a young, prime Aksel Thomassen (who came to Quebec as a GM re-create) to Davos for a shitload because he's an active young player and that's how much he's worth.  Before his contract expires (or even after, it doesn't really matter), he retires and re-creates again because that's better timing for his rebuild. 

That's an unfair scenario, and that's why GMs must have their own player in their own organization.

So no, it isn't a stupid rule.

But he should be allowed to retire then recreate at the deadline. 

Trading his retired player from now until then should not make a difference. 

I understand the frustration but we've been doing this for a while.  When I was new and moved Sullivan I had to do it too and it cost me hitting 1100 TPE.

It should be easier to find or written out in the rulebook somewhere though.  I agree with that.  GM Forum should have it too.

But he should be allowed to retire then recreate at the deadline. 

Trading his retired player from now until then should not make a difference. 

Or if you want to re-create at the deadline, but retired now, that would fine.

Fixed for confidence and clarity.  I did a similar thing with CAL G when I was still GMing Calgary.  Except I kept Bunclewirth until he died of old age, and then waited until the trade deadline to re-create.

But yeah, I might have gotten side-tracked, but all I'm saying is a GM can't have their active player on another team.  I had zero idea of Coach's retirement intentions coming in here.  For all I knew he was planning on riding out Moher's last three seasons in Quebec.

Edited by JardyB10

Yeah you have to retire before the trade. A gm can't have an active player on another team. That's how it's always been, I don't understand the confusion here

Cite the rule from the rule book, dude. Act like I follow every transactional report from every off-season. Give me a break.

Edited by CoachReilly

• Admin

Lol if this wasn't a thing I wouldn't retire Chershenko in the pre-season and spent just a season on Bentley instead of making him a S36.

So even though you make a valid case. Ish. You'll never get my blessing til the day I die. The answer's still no.

So basically what is going on is you are not allowing him to trade his retired player which he will not get anymore TPE for and just let him recreate? It's not like he is wanting to go there and get more TPE while still GM'ing for Davos. He would retire. He should be allowed to re-create at his own time with no hassle. Sounds about right?

So basically what is going on is you are not allowing him to trade his retired player which he will not get anymore TPE for and just let him recreate? It's not like he is wanting to go there and get more TPE while still GM'ing for Davos. He would retire. He should be allowed to re-create at his own time with no hassle. Sounds about right?

However this rule has been common knowledge. No it hasn't been written down but it's not like the blue ten is simply making up rules right away. I was told the same thing a while back.

However this rule has been common knowledge. No it hasn't been written down but it's not like the blue ten is simply making up rules right away. I was told the same thing a while back.

True but they should implement it now since it's causing an uproar. I guess some people would prefer it to be written so they have the proof right where it should be.

True but they should implement it now since it's causing an uproar. I guess some people would prefer it to be written so they have the proof right where it should be.

It was implemented a long time ago too, just never written down which is a fair point by all who hate it. However, it is a rule and going around it somewhat bends everyone else's plans well before. Coach isn't trying to cheat and I think we all understand that but I think if it was applied to all previous GM's it might as well be applied here and written.

It was implemented a long time ago too, just never written down which is a fair point by all who hate it. However, it is a rule and going around it somewhat bends everyone else's plans well before. Coach isn't trying to cheat and I think we all understand that but I think if it was applied to all previous GM's it might as well be applied here and written.

I meant implemented into the rule book. Like write this sh*t down. That way this never occurs again.

I meant implemented into the rule book. Like write this sh*t down. That way this never occurs again.

Of course and I pointed out that it should be written down, but it is a rule, it's not being made up on the fly. His player goes straight to Davos and can be claimed off waivers by a VHLM team.