Career Tasks Change 2: Electric Boogaloo

Beketov

• Commissioner

@Members

A few seasons ago, and by a few I mean like 15 or so I think, we re-worked the career point tasks because league surveys showed that people were interested in having more tasks valued lower rather than 2 large tasks valued higher. People also wanted some extra meaning behind the tasks, themes if you will, since the old Rookie Profile and Bio had become basically the same thing. On the whole this change was well received but the amount that the new tasks have been completed has been, shall we say, lackluster. Despite having full careers come and go within the new system for example not one person (as of when we got our data anyway) had completed a bio. Therefore the @BOG set out to re-tool the career point tasks again to try and hopefully give them a bit more of a spark.

On the whole these changes aren't as large as the last overhaul, more of a tweak than anything else, but should hopefully make the tasks less spread out (since fewer people di the later tasks) and less specialized to specific time periods. Additionally we are adding, for the first time in the VHL, the ability to podcast (10 minute minimum) your career tasks which should hopefully produce a bit of diversity. The lengths and TPE payouts will remain the same and the new tasks will go into effect immediately (more details on that at the bottom of this post). The new task layout is as follows:

Spoiler

Biography

Explore your player's background, upbringing and/or prior hockey history before joining the VHL

(to be completed at any time)

Prospect Scouting Report

Cover your player's Strengths/Weaknesses and offer an in depth Scouting Assessment

(to be completed prior to first VHL game)

Hello Europe

Your player has made a big career leap to the VHLE, you're Europe bound! Talk about some of the improvements you'd like to make, and some of the expectations you and your team have for your first season in the VHLE. Feel free to include how you expect your player to perform among other amazing talent!

(Exclusive to VHLE, to be written during your VHLE Rookie Season)

Rookie Experience

What goals do you have as a rookie in the VHL? How have you adapted to the pros? How have you been performing?

(to be completed between a player's VHL draft and the end of that player's first season in the VHL)

Career Reflection

Discuss how your player has fared in the VHL so far, and what you hope to accomplish over your final seasons.

(to be completed in 4th season or later)

As I said, these go into effect immediately so what does that mean for current players? Rather than blocking them until X season like we did (confusingly) last time we have decided to go for the easy route this time. The tasks are open to everyone immediately (the rubrics will be updated soon) with a few small caveats:

1. If you have not already claimed a bio you can write one any time before the end of your career; you no longer need to wait to your 8th season.

2. Veteran Presence has been formally removed; therefore if you have not claimed a VP already you can claim a Career Reflection in it's place. If you have claimed a VP then that is considered the same thing and cannot he claimed again.

3. In the same vein as above, Hello Europe is officially replacing Junior Review. Therefore if you previously completed a Junior Review you are ineligible to complete Hello Europe even if you remain in the VHLE. If you are still within the VHLE and did not claim a JR you may claim Hello Europe.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

• Commissioner
1 minute ago, Bojovnik said:

For current players.

If we graduated from the VHLE, can we still write one and claim it back?

I’m going to say no. As that replaced the Junior Review it would have had to be done before you got past the VHLE anyway so either the task was “already complete” or you weren’t available to get it at this point anyway.

• Commissioner
21 minutes ago, v.2 said:

What about those that plan to never touch the E

Was wondering how long it would take you haha.

One of the trade offs ultimately of getting a 9 season career, you lose out on that one career task.

33 minutes ago, Shindigs said:

The claim for Biography is 10 uncapped in the portal, isn't it supposed to be 8?

I have the exact same question, but I did put the claim for 8 since it's the amount stated by Will's guidelines.

3 minutes ago, leandrofg said:

I have the exact same question, but I did put the claim for 8 since it's the amount stated by Will's guidelines.

I could just go into the BOG thread and see what we decided on. But I'm not in the mood.

Just now, Shindigs said:

I could just go into the BOG thread and see what we decided on. But I'm not in the mood.

Not only that, I see from the picture that you might have other things to organize for this holiday season. Those Bo-presents aren't going to deliver themselves...

Just now, leandrofg said:

Not only that, I see from the picture that you might have other things to organize for this holiday season. Those Bo-presents aren't going to deliver themselves...

Spoilers: Everyone is getting Clue Glue™ products.

11 hours ago, Beketov said:

3. In the same vein as above, Hello Europe is officially replacing Junior Review. Therefore if you previously completed a Junior Review you are ineligible to complete Hello Europe even if you remain in the VHLE. If you are still within the VHLE and did not claim a JR you may claim Hello Europe.

So in order to qualify for the old Jr Review/Hello Europe I need to sacrifice a season in the VHL? 

But did I miss something - I skipped the VHLe with Strasmore to get the full 8 seasons - do I get 8 or 9 seasons? (If it's 9, then damn! Who cares about missing that career task!!) I got confused when you replied: "One of the trade offs ultimately of getting a 9 season career, you lose out on that one career task."

Thank you in advance for the clarification! Interesting idea about the podcasting! I think I'll still opted to write it though!! 

• Commissioner
1 hour ago, Phil said:

So in order to qualify for the old Jr Review/Hello Europe I need to sacrifice a season in the VHL? 

But did I miss something - I skipped the VHLe with Strasmore to get the full 8 seasons - do I get 8 or 9 seasons? (If it's 9, then damn! Who cares about missing that career task!!) I got confused when you replied: "One of the trade offs ultimately of getting a 9 season career, you lose out on that one career task."

Thank you in advance for the clarification! Interesting idea about the podcasting! I think I'll still opted to write it though!! 

Anyone after S80 has a 9 season career. If you spend a season in the VHLE then you have 8 in the VHL, etc. So if you skipped the VHLE you'll have a 9 season career.

This has been the case since the VHLE was implemented. Since the expectation is most people will spend a season in it we added an extra career season.