My draftmates are cowards

scoop

Do I think that I am the best of the S88 draftees? Yes and no. Yes, in that I don't think anyone is better than me, and no in that I think there are players who I am not better than. There's not really any separation among the elite at this time. The list of the elite tier, in my opinion, are the following:

FISTED ANALLY BY A CIRCUS MONKEY Analfist @STZ

Merome Dilson @MexicanCow123

Bobby Bob @Baby Boomer

Jacob Stone @scoop

Mark Calaway @Beketov

BjorkaBjorn BjornaBjorkson @JardyB10

Jasper Davis @Josh just missed the cut. Also, consider I am just referring to where the players are at currently, and not their VHL potential. That wouldn't really change the list other than I think Jardy might be planning to play out an entire career in the VHLE? If that's the case, his career potential would obviously be lower.

Among these six players, I believe only myself and Jardy (based on who has had VHLE free agent offers) intend to play in the VHLE this season. No one was over 200 TPE at the time of the cut-off date, so playing in the VHLM is completely allowed for each of us this season. There is, however, definitely room for us in the VHLE. But outside of Jardy and myself, they've elected to stay down and presumably dominate the much weaker competition like a bunch of cowards.

Edited by scoop

• Commissioner
53 minutes ago, scoop said:

But outside of Jardy and myself, they've elected to stay down and presumably dominated the much weaker competition like a bunch of cowards.

I did consider the option both ways. Honestly I just hit 200 so it's not like I would have been starting the season super low or something. I mostly decided to stay down because I didn't get a Founder's Cup in my Waiver season and I expect I'll have at least 1 season to try out the VHLE anyway so I want to see if I can get a cup at each level.

I disagree dominating at the M is a cowardly move. I love having recreates on my team because of the discord activity they would bring. And if it were up to me I would not allow anyone to skip the E or the M all things considered.

1 hour ago, nurx said:

I disagree dominating at the M is a cowardly move. I love having recreates on my team because of the discord activity they would bring. And if it were up to me I would not allow anyone to skip the E or the M all things considered.

I have always wonder why everyone keeps stating that players can skip the VHLM when in fact they cannot. They will always play at least half a season as recreate in the VHLM before getting the option to stay a full season in the VHLM; earning enough to get called up to the VHL in most cases the follow season or play a full season in the VHLE and moving up the following season to the VHL. Only one league can actually be skipped by these players and that is the VHLE.

Skipping the VHLM would be simply not signing a waivers offer then being drafted and playing in the VHLE. I haven`t seen this done yet or I am not even sure if this is allowed.

8 minutes ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

I have always wonder why everyone keeps stating that players can skip the VHLM when in fact they cannot. They will always play at least half a season as recreate in the VHLM before getting the option to stay a full season in the VHLM; earning enough to get called up to the VHL in most cases the follow season or play a full season in the VHLE and moving up the following season to the VHL. Only one league can actually be skipped by these players and that is the VHLE.

Skipping the VHLM would be simply not signing a waivers offer then being drafted and playing in the VHLE. I haven`t seen this done yet or I am not even sure if this is allowed.

well that is like 20-12 games plus playoffs. not really playing in the M that much.

On 1/17/2023 at 8:45 PM, Gaikoku-hito said:

I have always wonder why everyone keeps stating that players can skip the VHLM when in fact they cannot. They will always play at least half a season as recreate in the VHLM before getting the option to stay a full season in the VHLM;

I’ll have you know I was too inactive to re-create on Monday of the trade deadline and did it last minute on Sunday. Then I didn’t get accepted onto a team in time for the last sim of the season. So I only spent playoffs in the VHLM 😌