Adding injuries to the VHL

twists

Adding injuries to the VHL

image.png.dfee1d5d310c9795ba413f1b5ab74ccd.png

Preface: There is absolutely no way adding injuries to our sim league would be fun, enjoyable, or even tolerable, but I'm going to write a media spot about this pretending it would be awesome. 

Making sim leagues more realistic always adds lots of enjoyment to the league. As a result, I propose adding injuries to the VHL. Adding injuries will enhance the league in ways people would never have expected. Does it look like Seattle is by far the favorite to win it all this year? WRONG, their top line just died. Are you in a playoff match up where you're totally out skilled? Injure the other team! Naturally, we'd have to add suspensions to the league as well. Can't have no repercussions! To make it extra authentic I propose we use a wheel to determine suspension/fine and then length/amount. It'll feel just like the NHL. Is your player the hottest player in the VHL right now? Well, they might take a fall the first day of the season and they'll never be the same! Depending on injury severity, there should definitely be TPE loss. Now you might be thinking, twists won't players be more prone to going inactive if their player is injured? You'd be wrong! We could add a new earning method called "injury rehab". You'd have to do two PTs a week to only earn 2 TPE for that week! After all, rehabbing an injury is hard work, and a very slow process. We could even incorporate substance abuse issues into the VHL. Not only would your player have a chance to get injured, you could also be sent to the VHL's player assistance program. While your player is in the player assistance program you would be forced to make video podcasts of you meditating and/or talking about life in a philosophical way. Once you return your player's chance at having another substance abuse problem would double! Every subsequent time you return to the player assistance program you would have to double the time your earning is restricted. Depending on how widely loved injuries are (I bet they'll be a hit), we could consider adding traumatic brain injuries which have a 0.001% chance of killing your player on the spot! You'd be forced to recreate and your player would be manually removed from the current season. This would add a much needed difficulty boost to GMing in the VHL. It's too easy as it is, and this could throw a fun wrench in things. These proposed changes could initially be implemented just in the VHL, but I think it would benefit the E and the M as well. Implementation of all of these new systems would be a cakewalk for @Josh. I would know, I'm a developer too! Honestly development is just really easy and I can't believe Josh takes as long as he does on things. 

Postface: I can't believe no one has "added injuries" as an April fools joke. If done right, you'd have VHL users screeching into the next week. Also, absolutely do no search "injury oof" on Google looking for a funny injury picture. It's just all gore.

532 words

• Commissioner
18 minutes ago, twists said:

Honestly development is just really easy and I can't believe Josh takes as long as he does on things. 

I think we all know which player would get a career-ending injury first.

1 hour ago, Ricer13 said:

Injuries might work in a controlled fashion. Having injuries span over half a season would be brutal for members. A one or two sim injury though, that might be manageable. 

I agree with this , week long injuries or longer would be brutal for most people 

11 hours ago, Ricer13 said:

Injuries might work in a controlled fashion. Having injuries span over half a season would be brutal for members. A one or two sim injury though, that might be manageable. 

yea if we want realism then i would love that idea having an injury only max can take you out of 4 games can make playoffs more random though