VSN Presents: S88 Under 200 Power Rankings

AJW

abtjnma.png

Graphic credit @v.2

Welcome to the S88 Power Rankings Tracker!

The VHLM Power Rankings Tracker is back baby! I hope to continue where I left off back in S81, and if you want a flash from the past the S80 and S81 Trackers will be posted below.

I know these used to bring some excitement to the VHLM so I hope everyone is excited for more 🙂

Please let me know in the replies any suggestions of what to add to these, I am open to anything.

S80 Power Rankings Tracker

S81 Power Rankings Tracker

Hope you all enjoy!

Note: Stats and Standings are updated as of Sunday, April 23rd.

1656395330_MCKBanner2.png.7c375d352097a508429c5f18ca0eab0c.png

Current Rank: 1

Record: 23 - 8 - 5

Last 10 Games: 9 - 1 - 0

Place in Standings: 1

Standout Player: Ross Glagau @Zetterberg 22 wins, 0.917 SV%, 2.42 GAA in 35 games played

The Mexico City Kings have been sitting on their thrones as the team to chase this season in the VHLM. After losing the Founder's Cup Finals prior in S87, the Kings haven't missed a stride since and look to punch their ticket back to the playoffs with ease this season. Mexico's power 3 of Justin Williams @JCV, Alex DeLuca @Deluca, and Noel Roux Jr @Da Trifecta all find themselves in the league's top 5 of either goals or assists. Mexico also has veteran Ross Glagau @Zetterberg in their final VHLM season returning between the pipes to shut everything down. This team is looking strong and dangerous, seemingly front runners of winning the Prime Minister's Cup for a second season in a row. What is in the way to stop them? The Mississauga Hounds who the Kings are currently 2-5-0 against. If Mexico can figure those Hounds out, it should be smooth sailing ahead.

gQq22Ta.png

Current Rank: 2

Record: 22 - 11 - 3

Last 10 Games: 5 - 4 - 1

Place in Standings: 2

Standout Player: Reginald the Dodo @Esso2264 15 goals, 34 assists, 49 points in 36 games played

With a pretty mediocre last 10 games played, the Mississauga Hounds still easily deserve to sit at number 2 in these rankings. Acting as Mexico's father this season, although Mississauga has been hovering just under Mexico City for the top of the standings, Mississauga has beaten the top seed in 5 of 7 matchups so far. The Hounds bring intense depth to the table with 7 rostered skaters achieving over 30 points in just 36 games played. Reginald the Dodo @Esso2264, Mclean Hoover II @McLean Hoover, and Robert Boldy @The Goblin all have surpassed 40 points, with Dodo and Hoover sitting in the league top 5 in points, Dodo also leads all defensemen in points. This team is stacked and will be a cup contender for sure. Does this team have an Achilles heel of their own? Of course they do! San Diego has bullied Mississauga in their 3 game regular season series so far, winning all 3 matchups. San Diego is 1 point shy of Mississauga and could be a problem for the Hounds down the stretch.

5GEf2KS.png

Current Rank: 3

Record: 22 - 12 - 2

Last 10 Games: 7 - 2 - 1 

Place in Standings: 3

Standout Player: Sjin @Mint 25 goals, 32 assists, 57 points in 36 games played

The Marlins are playing like the S86 Marlins again! This San Diego Marlins team is not one to overlook. With 25 goals, 32 assists and 57 points in 36 games played, Sjin @Mint has been dialed in and creating majority of San Diego's offense. When Sjin has their night's off though, league leader in Wins, SV%, and GAA Olivier Gauthier @fonziGG is there to mimic a literal wall in the crease. Gauthier has been a nightmare for goal scoring teams giving San Diego the least GA in the league with 89 goals against in 36 games played. San Diego is the last of these top 3 teams who I truly believe have the best chances of winning the Founder's Cup right now. San Diego has been struggling with Mexico this season though, so each one of these three teams has some figuring out to do to decide who takes it home.

image.png.8082332b125bc63304bf3b75154682e8.png

Current Rank: 4

Record: 20 - 12 - 4

Last 10 Games: 5 - 5 - 0

Place in Standings: 4

Standout Player: Pope Francis @nurx 11 goals, 32 assists, 43 points in 36 games played

The Halifax 21st in my eyes are the most underrated team in the league. Pope Francis @nurx has been controlling the 21st’s blue line all season, ranking second in league defensemen points, leading in shots blocked, and third in hits. Francis has been the fuel that started this Halifax flame. Francis does not do it all though, while Francis works the point, Tullemore Dew @Spade18 has been creating most of Halifax’s offence this season while being second in the league in points. Halifax may not have the most capped players, but this team sure knows how to play together as a team and their record shows. Halifax is my favorite under the radar team heading into trade deadline and I am excited to see how @ShawnGlade plays his cards.

image.png.1d9e7fb0c2703f7f89ec2761829c6cbf.png

Current Rank: 5

Record: 19 - 15 - 2

Last 10 Games: 8 - 2 - 0

Place in Standings: 6

Standout Player: LeBen Aky @Ben_Reformed 18 goals, 25 assists, 43 points in 36 games played

The Philadelphia Reapers after a quiet start to S88 have recently turned the tables and won 8 of their last 10 games. This team is on the rise with arguably the best goalie duo in the league. Karl Herzlich @LastGoon007 is at the heart of the operation as Philly’s main starter for the beginning of S88, and recent pickup Jeffrey Blake @ElementStyx9 who could start for basically any other team in the league as backup, will split games with Herzlich down the stretch. Philadelphia’s offense is run by 4th season veteran LeBen Aky @Ben_Reformed, and after that the depth starts to fade away. Philadelphia’s biggest problem heading into these playoffs is their current quantity over quality of players. Behind the blue line they are set, but when you look at the forwards you see a lot of talented players who are just too underdeveloped right now. For a cup to come back to Philadelphia this season, that forward core either needs to shake up or wake up!

image.png.26a23b846299a90f6a11fa2f6dce5d4c.png

Current Rank: 6

Record: 18 - 13 - 5

Last 10 Games: 4 - 5 - 1

Place in Standings: 5

Standout Player: Nick Sansoe @Tipskid97 13 goals, 27 assists, 40 points in 36 games played

The Miami Marauders are slowly entering the “mid” category of this league. With an impressive start to the season, Miami’s on a bit of a bumpy road currently in their last 10 games. Nick Sansoe @Tipskid97 and Sergei Romanov @WithARevelYell have been leading the way for Miami with 40 points each on the season. This team just really lacks depth though! When you go down the list of goal scorers, in my eyes you spot only four for Miami. With AGM jose avocado @Bobo starting in net now for the Marauders, hopefully we can see some changes to recent results and an upcoming roar for Miami! The Marauders currently sit third last in goals for, only ahead of Saskatoon and Ottawa, so bringing in another forward who can score could be the missing puzzle piece to Miami's S88 story.

image.png.85ed2f08c507b117d9864888a5193dbf.png

Current Rank: 7

Record: 17 - 16 - 3

Last 10 Games: 4 - 6 - 0

Place in Standings: 8

Standout Player: Viktor Jensen @Advantage 20 goals, 17 assists, 37 points in 36 games played

The Houston Bulls have been hovering around the middle of the pack throughout the entire first half of the season. Currently 8th in the standings, the Bulls are hanging on decently strong to a playoff spot, 7 points ahead of Saskatoon. Viktor Jensen @Advantage, Erik Andersson @Ace, and Devon Giguere @omniscius in net have been a few bright spots in Houston's mediocre season so far. Although the Bulls have seen a tough schedule, playing 19 out of 36 games against Mexico City, Mississauga, and San Diego who all sit top 3 to lead the league standings. With more teams around .500 in their future schedule, the Bulls could potentially climb the standings heading closer to the Trade Deadline. Until then, Houston needs to put in the work unless they want to see their rivals again in Mexico City in the first round of playoffs.

image.png.9f8afe561e0b701c7c66174ac741921c.png

Current Rank: 8

Record: 16 - 13 - 7

Last 10 Games: 5 - 3 - 2

Place in Standings: 7

Standout Player: Ronald Johnson MacWallace II @RJMW  20 goals, 27 assists, 47 points in 36 games played

The Las Vegas Aces continue to figure out their season reaching the halfway point. The Aces enjoy a record above .500, but find themselves 7th in the league standings. Las Vegas relies on their scoring from 5 main skaters who all have surpassed 40 points already. MacWallace II @RJMW leads the way for Vegas with 47 points, followed close by stud defenseman Leo Lewkowicz @BeanSobie who sits top 3 in league points by defenseman. Vegas has just recently found a starting goaltender in Linden Moore @orbit who should provide some security in net each night. The Aces still have a good shot at being great and this should be decided very soon. Las Vegas hopes to build stronger in order to repeat their Founder's Cup successes not too many seasons ago.

image.png.78c074eee93027815c880828fa422fd1.png

Current Rank: 9

Record: 13 - 19 - 4

Last 10 Games: 0 - 7 - 3

Place in Standings: 9

Standout Player: Darko Alexander Malkovich @AColdCanadian 5 goals, 30 assists, 35 points in 36 games played

The most hated team by STHS this season award goes to… the Saskatoon Wild! The Saskatoon Wild recently came off an upsetting S87, which led them to a spectacular draft in S88. Saskatoon has built a tight core of talented skaters but only one has over a point per game so far this season. Their goaltending is the weak spot of this franchise and I believe that if Saskatoon can trade for a playoff ready goaltender then we will see them in a first round matchup. For this to happen multiple players need to step up. Tord Yvel @Trazan, 5th overall Wild draft pick under a point per game, Otis Boudreauz Jr @Otis Boudreaux Jr 21st overall Wild pick under a point per game… the list goes on, but as these players keep earning TPE, and Saskatoon’s depth starts to shape up, then this team will be ready to roll.

image.png.d7f9133ae77385f176ee8319d726ed41.png

Current Rank: 10

Record: 10 - 24 - 2

Last 10 Games: 3 - 5 - 2

Place in Standings: 10

Standout Player: Harry Callahan @dstevensonjr 12 goals, 14 assists, 26 points in 36 games played

It is never fun being at the bottom of the barrel, and the reigning Founder's Cup Champions are feeling that pain right now. The Lynx are currently going through a rebuild season and hope to make a comeback in S89 with a loaded draft class upcoming. Ottawa has still seen some recent success though and have four players over 30 points in 36 games played. Lucky Mitts @Gmoneyman52 leads the team in goals with 14 and points with 35, and Michael Perk Lund @YourSweetBaboo has been finding their legs as the team's starter with 2 shutouts already this season. Ottawa has a bright future to come and can hopefully fight their way to a playoff spot this season.

Current Team Versus Standings

Halifax Houston Las Vegas Mexico City Miami Mississauga Ottawa Philadelphia San Diego Saskatoon
Halifax   1 - 1 - 0 4 - 1 - 0 2 - 1 - 0 2 - 0 - 0 0 - 2 - 0 3 - 1 - 1 3 - 5 - 0 1 - 0 - 3 4 - 1 - 0
Houston 1 - 0 - 1   1 - 2 - 0 2 - 4 - 1 0 -1 - 1 3 - 3 - 0 3 - 1 - 0 2 - 1 - 0 3 - 3 - 0 2 - 1 - 0
Las Vegas 1 - 3 - 1 2 - 1 - 0   1 - 2 - 1 2 - 1 - 1 2 - 1 - 0 2 - 0 - 0 1 - 0 - 2 1 - 3 - 1 4 - 2 - 1
Mexico City 1 - 1 - 0 5 - 1 - 1 3 - 1 - 0   2 - 0 - 1 2 - 5 - 0 2 - 0 - 0 1 - 0 - 0 3 - 0 - 1 4 - 0 - 1
Miami 0 - 1 - 1 2 - 0 - 0 2 - 2 - 0 1 - 2 - 0   1 - 2 - 1 5 - 1 - 1 3 - 2 - 0 3 - 3 - 1 1 - 0 - 1
Mississauga 2 - 0 - 0 3 - 3 - 0 1 - 2 - 0 5 - 1 - 1 3 - 1 - 0   1 - 0 - 1 3 - 1 - 0 0 - 2 - 1 4 - 1 - 0
Ottawa 2 - 3 - 0 1 - 3 - 0 0 - 1 - 1 0 - 2 - 0 2 - 4 - 1 1 - 1 - 0   1 - 5 - 0 1 - 1 - 0 2 - 4 - 0
Philadelphia 5 - 1 - 2 1 - 2 - 0 2 - 1 - 0 0 - 1 - 0 2 - 3 - 0 1 - 3 - 0 5 - 1 - 0   2 - 2 - 0 1 - 1 - 0
San Diego 3 - 1 - 0 3 - 3 - 0 4 - 1 - 0 1 - 2 - 1 4 - 3 - 0 3 - 0 - 0 1 - 0 - 1 2 - 2 - 0   1 - 0 - 0
Saskatoon 1 - 3 - 1 1 - 0 - 2 3 - 3 - 1 1 - 4 - 1 1 - 1 - 0 1 - 4 - 0 4 - 2 - 0 1 - 1 - 0 0 - 1 - 1  

Player Leaders

Player Goals Player Assists Player Points Player Defensemen Points Player Shots Blocked Player Hits
Sjin 25 Leo Lewkowicz 38 Sjin 57 Reginald the Dodo 49 Pope Francis 115 Juan Ceson 156
Sergei Romanov 22 Tullemore Dew 38 Tullemore Dew 56 Leo Lewkowicz 46 Darko A. Malkovich 108 Fradin McGryer 135
Mclean Hoover II 22 Alex DeLuca 37 Justin Williams 51 Alex DeLuca 45 Marty Byrd 97 Pope Francis 125

Goalie Leaders

Goalie Wins Goalie SV% Goalie GAA Goalie Shutouts
Olivier Gauthier 22 Olivier Gauthier 0.921 Olivier Gauthier 2.39 Jonny Elgar 3
Ross Glagau 22 Jeffrey Blake 0.917 Ross Glagau 2.42 Michael P. Lund 2
Jonny Elgar 22 Ross Glagau 0.917 Johnny Elgar 2.6 Olivier Gauthier 2

Graphics Shout outs

I have been loving the graphics this league has been pumping out and I figured here should be a perfect place to showcase my favourite graphics of the week from the VHLM. Enjoy!

Lich King - @Zetterberg

Pcz8tNd.png

Hali Hali Hali - @v.2

cfFtqBZ.png

Dominick Kopecky - @DustyMclaren

image.jpeg.52d7630a7e60cd7a977d9e004bd7af49.jpeg

First Weiss Sig - @jfaly

NewProject.thumb.png.d5dcd1850f6923d8ba86e31e49283a3e.png

Edited by AJW

@AJWgreat post man, loved reading it. Only thing I would try to modify for the future is those tables at the bottom, if you could make them embedded spreadsheets instead it would be ideal. Currently they are unreadable on mobile which idk how many people use mobile but personally I do. Idk it's a little thing but a thing of note. Love love loved it

54 minutes ago, Pifferfish said:

@AJWgreat post man, loved reading it. Only thing I would try to modify for the future is those tables at the bottom, if you could make them embedded spreadsheets instead it would be ideal. Currently they are unreadable on mobile which idk how many people use mobile but personally I do. Idk it's a little thing but a thing of note. Love love loved it

I just copy and paste from spreadsheets. Will look into improving those tables good idea! I’m on mobile now and they suck haha

Edited by AJW

6 hours ago, AJW said:

I just copy and paste from spreadsheets. Will look into improving those tables good idea! I’m on mobile now and they suck haha

Make sure your data is on a fresh tab on its own, then File -> Publish to Web and pick the specific tab the data is on. Copy/paste the URL it gives you into the forum post and it automatically embeds.

• 4 weeks later...