Town of Salem #27 - Sign Up

Gustav

Game 27 Format Poll  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The ToS #26 sign-up thread starts with "for the first time in 5 months..." and guess how much time it's been since then.

For the first time in 5 months, yet again...

*Gustav noises*

(I promise I'll be more consistent moving forward)

WELCOME TO TOWN OF SALEM...NUMBER TWENTY-SEVEN? It's nuts to think we've come this far and some of you still haven't gotten your role requests. I swear I actually do randomize it and I don't hate you. 

This game serves a few purposes. First, it's been a while, and that in and of itself 100% justifies it. Second...I'm looking at a rough go at running what may be the first-ever ToS2 forum game, anywhere, ever (unless @omgitshim knows about some nerd forum somewhere), and I'm hoping some of you might like some practice in a more familiar environment. That's because I know I do, as it's now been 5 months since I ran one game and almost a year since I ran two. But if this goes well, don't let me forget I said this! All I need to figure out are the minor details.

Also, as a bit of a life update--I am entirely done, for the rest of my life, with classwork that matters. Yes, I'm still a grad student (and will be for a long time), but after the first year I'm just a highly underpaid scientist. So...I should have more time on my hands now! No more stressing about getting homework done, and my group generally keeps normal-ish work hours. Being that what it is, I do promise to be more annoy-able about ToS for as long as I'm bored and single.

Without further ado, because I don't think you'd care about anything else I'd be going on about, please find my copy-paste and my aggressively-worded statement against those unable to easily read it.

If you are reading this in light mode, I would like you to look at the nearest window, picture me throwing you out of it, and wonder whether it would instead be simpler to make the switch.

Rules are here

The wiki is here

CLICK THIS LINK IF YOU'RE NOT IN THE DISCORD SERVER

JOINING THE SERVER IS REQUIRED  FOR ALL PLAYERS! Non-players are welcome as well.

Remember that ALL game-related notifications will be given on Discord! Make sure you join the server, and check it BEFORE speaking in the game thread each day. Also, do your best to be there at the start of each night phase!

If you're new to the game, read up on some roles on the wiki and go through some old game threads in this subforum.

TRIVIA TIME:

HERE IS THE LINK TO TRIVIA!

-If you won the last game, you have an automatic 30% chance to receive a role of your choosing, if you'd like to request one. The winners of last game are listed below:

@jacobcarson877

@woog

@BarzalGoat

@Lemorse7

@Adrest245

@Doomsday

-If you didn't win the last game, you can still request a role! Play trivia, and for each correct answer, you'll earn a cumulative 5% chance toward a role of your choosing, for a maximum chance of 20%.

-If you won the last game, you can still play! This possible 20% chance will be added to your 30% chance for a maximum of 50%.

-No, you do not need to do this if you don't want to.

-If you'd like to play without requesting a role, simply write "Random" in the role request box.

Vote for your preferred format up top and sign up down below, as always.

Target start date: Thursday night! No guarantee but I think I'll be there for it.

Edited by Gustav

List of players:

Adrest245

Advantage

Alex

Doomsday

eaglesfan036

GoodLeftUndone

jacobcarson877

jhatty8

Lemorse7

omgitshim

Ptyrell

Ricer13

rory

Spartan

Subject056

vincentlg2007

woog

Edited by Gustav

9 hours ago, Gustav said:

This game serves a few purposes. First, it's been a while, and that in and of itself 100% justifies it. Second...I'm looking at a rough go at running what may be the first-ever ToS2 forum game, anywhere, ever (unless @omgitshim knows about some nerd forum somewhere), and I'm hoping some of you might like some practice in a more familiar environment. That's because I know I do, as it's now been 5 months since I ran one game and almost a year since I ran two. But if this goes well, don't let me forget I said this! All I need to figure out are the minor details.

Not that I know of but I do mostly Discord ToS now (and no they haven't done ToS2 either).

In btw

12 hours ago, vincentlg2007 said:

I have no knowledge of town of Salem at all but I’d be down to try it if I’m allowed 

24 minutes ago, Subject056 said:

Thanks @Lemorse7!

I'm in the same boat as VLG for ToS. 

I'm in.

I can link some resources for new players when I'm on my PC. but just check out the rules in this subforum for now to get a general gist of how this works.

Also do know that this is a a fairly forum intensive game (see length of prior game threads) and there will be a lot of information to process. Would def recommend keeping some notes as the game goes along

The right ruleset ^

Edited by Spartan

2 hours ago, Spartan said:

I can link some resources for new players when I'm on my PC. but just check out the rules in this subforum for now to get a general gist of how this works.

Also do know that this is a a fairly forum intensive game (see length of prior game threads) and there will be a lot of information to process. Would def recommend keeping some notes as the game goes along

The right ruleset ^

Yep, my best advice is to get your role and learn EVERYTHING about it (I link the TOS Wiki in the top post and it has a page for every role; it’s brilliant). 

Once you do that, pay attention to the game thread. When someone says they’re one role, read about that one. Figure out what they’re supposedly up to. You’ll see people believing (or not believing) those claims eventually; try to understand why. 

if you’re in an evil faction (or you’re a Medium) and can talk to other players at night, that can be a very helpful resource. I’ll also answer questions about game mechanics as well—I won’t answer “what should I do” because that should be your choice but anything along the lines of “how does this role work” is totally fair. 

• Gustav locked this topic
  • Gustav unpinned this topic
  • Gustav unlocked this topic