let's start a fight in the comments

fishy

do you back your car into parking spaces  

58 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I am army damaged in this regard... they teach you to always park backwards, so in case you need to move fast, you get in the vehicle and bounce and do not have to manoeuver before you can get away

15 minutes ago, Spartan said:

Can we fight over why you can select multiple options despite them all being fairly contradictory to each other?

i dont drive but i would rather cut off my index finger with a butter knife than pull into a spot backward. unless i need my biennial dose of heavy machinery razzle dazzle. open your little mind silly man

1 minute ago, fishy said:

unless i need my biennial dose of heavy machinery razzle dazzle

Now I'm more concerned who lets you operate heavy machinery (and why you consider a car heavy machinery)

1 minute ago, fishy said:

open your little mind silly man

Locked shut brain no think

Ok how about this, driving down the street with parallel parking, there's a mild amount of traffic so if you are parallel parking you're gonna hold a few cars up. Are you parallel parking or finding somewhere else?

2 minutes ago, Spartan said:

Now I'm more concerned who lets you operate heavy machinery (and why you consider a car heavy machinery)

"Additionally, heavy machinery refers to any type of vehicle that weighs more than 5,000 pounds and requires more than one person to operate. Cars, tractors, trucks, buses, forklifts, and other industrial vehicles that require special training or licensing to operate are included." (source)

why do you think so many medications n shit are like "do not operate heavy machinery after using" or whatever!!! I hadn't considered that cars would fall under heavy machinery until someone pointed it out to me, but it does make sense 

2 hours ago, Daniel Janser said:

I am army damaged in this regard... they teach you to always park backwards, so in case you need to move fast, you get in the vehicle and bounce and do not have to manoeuver before you can get away

Truth, I was also told always keep the wheels turned!

4 minutes ago, fishy said:

"Additionally, heavy machinery refers to any type of vehicle that weighs more than 5,000 pounds and requires more than one person to operate. Cars, tractors, trucks, buses, forklifts, and other industrial vehicles that require special training or licensing to operate are included." (source)

why do you think so many medications n shit are like "do not operate heavy machinery after using" or whatever!!! I hadn't considered that cars would fall under heavy machinery until someone pointed it out to me, but it does make sense 

I would argue that cars do not fall under that category. here is my reasoning (which maybe totally wrong): the definition refers to 'vehicle that weigh... and requires more than one person to operate' Your run-of-the-mill car may be less than 5000 pounds and certainly does not need more than one person to operate. It further goes on to say: 'Cars... and other industrial vehicles that require special training or licensing to operate' this refers imo to special purpose vehicle which need in-depth training or additional licensing beyond the normal DL. maybe a tow truck or a coach something along these lines.

Afaik the notion on the medication is targeted at real heavy machinery like, cranes, diggers, caterpillars, tanks, space ships and the likes ;), as the ordinary traffic laws strictly speaking already prohibit you to drive a car under the influence (be it legal or illegal drugs/substances). 

4 minutes ago, UnknownMinion said:

Truth, I was also told always keep the wheels turned!

That I was only taught if you parallel park on an incline, to act as an additional safety net against the car rolling down hill if the hand brake fails...

6 minutes ago, Daniel Janser said:

That I was only taught if you parallel park on an incline, to act as an additional safety net against the car rolling down hill if the hand brake fails...

In the snow you do it to quickly dig your self out, in mud it’s more unless the same, this also always for a quick turn out

58 minutes ago, Daniel Janser said:

I would argue that cars do not fall under that category. here is my reasoning (which maybe totally wrong): the definition refers to 'vehicle that weigh... and requires more than one person to operate' Your run-of-the-mill car may be less than 5000 pounds and certainly does not need more than one person to operate. It further goes on to say: 'Cars... and other industrial vehicles that require special training or licensing to operate' this refers imo to special purpose vehicle which need in-depth training or additional licensing beyond the normal DL. maybe a tow truck or a coach something along these lines.

Afaik the notion on the medication is targeted at real heavy machinery like, cranes, diggers, caterpillars, tanks, space ships and the likes ;), as the ordinary traffic laws strictly speaking already prohibit you to drive a car under the influence (be it legal or illegal drugs/substances). 

Screen_Shot_2020-07-24_at_11.33.38_AM.jp

• Commissioner

Depends where I am. The charging port on my car is on the rear so if I’m at a charger or need to plug in at home obviously I back in but otherwise (or if I’m using the other car) I don’t bother.

My work truck has a backup camera, so I can very easily see what’s immediately behind me. Not to mention there’s even lines on the screen that roughly guide where you’re going. Conversely, it’s kind of hard to judge exactly how much space is in front of me because the hood/nose of the vehicle blocks my vision.

THEREFORE, it is easier to back into parking spots, unless there’s lots of space. In other words, it’s easier to make that ass up into tight spaces and then later pull out when you’re finished.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is a fucking MORON! 

11 minutes ago, JardyB10 said:

Conversely, it’s kind of hard to judge exactly how much space is in front of me because the hood/nose of the vehicle blocks my vision.

Just shut the hood again when you are done cooking your squirrel, duh.

10 minutes ago, JardyB10 said:

I suppose if you’re in a car without a backup camera though, it’s a wash and parking is hard again.

that is what rear view mirrors are for and the funny transparent thingy at the back of your car.

;)

4 hours ago, Spartan said:

Can we fight over why you can select multiple options despite them all being fairly contradictory to each other?

So I actually selected all three non-“absolutely not” options. Sometimes I just feel like it and sometimes I have a real reason. But most of the time in a parking lot I just go in forwards. 

However weirdly enough I always back in at my apartment.