It's Time to Bring The Rush Home.

Alex

The Yukon Rush have long been a player, a fan favourite and until their relocation to Geneva in S81 were one of the oldest and most historic VHLM franchises having been in the league since S31. Since then many people have been calling for the rush to return to Yukon, the place they truly belong. Below I will provide 1 reason why each VHLM team should relocate to Yukon and become the beloved Yukon Rush. Additionally, returning a team to Yukon would be good for recruitment as @Juice has said that they will return when Yukon does.

Mississauga Hounds

I'm putting Mississauga first since, lets be honest if a team moves it will be them. Mississauga has no team history and has never won a Founder's Cup. The only VHLM record that has anything to do with is being the worst team in the league. Not to mention their logo has been consistently called the worst in the league. I'm also going to try and come up with 1 reason why a team shouldn't move to the Yukon, but for Mississauga there isn't one. It should also be noted that the only Mississauga GM that experienced any success wants this to happen.

Halifax 21st

Similarly to Mississauga Halifax really hasn't done much since they joined the VHLM, with that being said, Halifax does have it's own following (including being owned by @rory) and outside of their lack of success their really isn't much of a reason why they would move, especially when you consider the meaning behind their branding.

Houston Bulls

In most of the proposed relocations Houston would be the team shifting to the Eastern Conference, and with their GM stepping down, why not just move Houston? Their new GM could have a fresh start in a new city. Given that Houston has also had minimal success and really lacks much history, there isn't much of a reason not to move them.

Mexico City Kings

Similarly to every team already listed, Mexico also lacks much history and could easily be relocated with their GM already having ownership of the OG Yukon LR. The main reason not to move them would be that it is neat to have a team in Mexico, and that their logo is relatively new.

Miami Marauders

Once again, Miami does not have much history aside from being very successful when they first entered the VHLM. Additionally, to my knowledge there really isn't much of a heavy following of Miami and not many people have a connection to the team. Miami's brief but positive success would be the main reason to keep them here, also I like their logo.

Now into the unlikely teams:

Philadelphia Reapers

The Philadelphia Reapers have been one of the most successful VHLM teams despite their relatively short history, for this reason they really aren't a good fit to move, the only reason would be with their GM stepping down it would be a good time to relocate.

San Diego Marlins

RIVALRY!! The main reason I have San Diego in this group is the historic rivalry created between them and Yukon that dates back to @thadthrasher and @Juice being the GMs of both teams and created a very fun and engaging environment which resulted in Juice being pied in the face. This was one of the VHLM's only true rivalries and the league misses it dearly.

Saskatoon/Las Vegas/Ottawa

Neither of these teams are moving for the same reason Yukon deserves to be back, history. Saskatoon, Ottawa, and Las Vegas are the only three remaining VHLM teams that formed in S2.

It is time to bring Yukon home, and what better team to move than Mississauga, so let's just do it.

Edited by Alex

The Rush logo should live on!  Sounds like there would be some pushing and shoving when it comes to who would be GM.  I like the logo enough to consider applying for that one!

Honestly, I didn't realize how much love and support the Rush had and I am absolutely here for it. That being said, we shouldn't bring them back in the VHLM. I'd like to see them complete the tour and take New York's place in the VHL!

7 hours ago, Alex said:

Miami Marauders

Once again, Miami does not have much history aside from being very successful when they first entered the VHLM. Additionally, to my knowledge there really isn't much of a heavy following of Miami and not many people have a connection to the team. Miami's brief but positive success would be the main reason to keep them here, also I like their logo.

They  had Multi greatest Goalie Juha Jarvinen so it’s a no for me 

4 minutes ago, thadthrasher said:

How in the world did you settle on NY being the victim in this circumstance?

I've wanted to see New York relocate ever since I was GM back in the S20's. The Americans as a team name is the worst.

Edited by scoop

14 hours ago, thadthrasher said:

I miss @Juice and our rivalry with Yuck-on

if by rivalry you mean the Rush dominating you guys then, yeah I miss it too :P

love you ThaddyDaddy ❤️

@Alex how dare you create a thread about bringing back the Rush and not tag me in it, I bleed blue and gold!!! UNACCEPTABLE!

But yes BRING BACK YUKON!!!! #FEELTHERUSH !!!!!

Edited by fromtheinside