(S92) LW - Adi Dassler, TPE: 80

BOOM

• 3 weeks later...

All three Dassler brothers joined the Nazi Party on 1 May 1933—three months after Hitler was appointed Chancellor. Rudolf was said to be most ardent believer of the three. Adi decided that becoming a coach of and supplier to clubs in the Hitler Youth movement was essential to expanded production. He joined in 1935.

31 minutes ago, Daniel Janser said:

I mean, he gifted Jesse Owens the shoes he whoopped the German athletes' their asses at the 1936 Olympic games...

Does this make him any less of a nazi 

21 minutes ago, Dil said:

Does this make him any less of a nazi 

I think that term is thrown around too cavalier, especially with the stereotypical picture one has... from what I read, he was a member of the NSDAP (and by definition, this makes him a 'nazi') like so many other Germans (and especially business owners) at the time. That does not make him a bad person or even a criminal per se. Again, from what I read, he never engaged in political activities and was after the war largely acquitted of the charges put against him.

14 minutes ago, Daniel Janser said:

I think that term is thrown around too cavalier, especially with the stereotypical picture one has... from what I read, he was a member of the NSDAP (and by definition, this makes him a 'nazi') like so many other Germans (and especially business owners) at the time. That does not make him a bad person or even a criminal per se. Again, from what I read, he never engaged in political activities and was after the war largely acquitted of the charges put against him.

I think it’s pretty fair to use the term Nazi for people who were… members of the Nazi party :)

23 minutes ago, Dil said:

I think it’s pretty fair to use the term Nazi for people who were… members of the Nazi party :)

I do not disagree with that statement. I just wanted to point out that Adolf Dassler only joined them when they came to power (probably more to protect his business interests then out of conviction) and was not necessarily a book-burning, foam-out-of-mouth, racist sob that people often associate with the term 'nazi'. 

What the fuck. I named him after the company and a shit stirrer brings up Nazi shit. 

You're acting as if I called him Himmler, Hitler or Eichmann and am celebrating it. 

Edited by BOOM