Around the League - champs and offseason

Scurvy

Another week has passed and teams have been crowned champions.  The dreaded off season is upon us so for this weeks Around the League in 500 words I want to chat about those champs, some off season blues, and maybe some random stuff. 

VHL Champs:  Prague Phantoms  image.png.c9553270408745cfdb22e9bb805cdd36.png

Congrats to the Continental Champions, Prague Phantoms.  They defeated a very good LA Stars team, 4 games to 0.  Led by center, John Jameson @Frank 11-13-24 points in 16 games.  The team scored a whopping 54 goals in the playoffs and won 7 straight games to secure their first ever Continental Cup.  The team had it all this playoffs, great defense led by Faith Hope Love @MMFLEXand Velociraptor Greg @samx, dominant scoring with Jameson, Hampton @TownBizness, and Perry Laperriere @KaleebtheMighty, and a brick wall in net, Matt Murdock @Acydburn who only lost 2 games all playoffs with 2 overtime losses.  

Congrats to y’all for a great playoff!

VHLM Champs:  Mississauga Houndsimage.png.ee9d8cfca6f6b007938c492e714c7a12.png

In the VHLM the Miami Marauders faced off against a deep and seasoned Mississauga Hound club.  A commitment to Team defense by the Hounds is what separated the two clubs.  Miami was up early in the series and after a few adjustments by Mississauga they were able to take the Founders Cup in 7 games. Grimgor Ironhide @FrostBeard was unstoppable in the playoffs scoring 12 goals 12 assists 24 points in 17 games.  And despite being outshot some games the Hound’s goalie, Red Panda @lemorse proved up to the task and stopped everything the Marauders threw his way.  A special shoutout to Marauder players Sebastaian Thunder @Matt thunder 12-13-25, defenseman Lionel Collberg  7-17-24 @Masu Chan, and Oden Bell @WhiskyJack 10-14-24pts who were amazing all season.  

VHLE Champs: Cologne Express. image.png.d2f69e48f77bcb71dfde43542af740fb.png

In Europe, the Cologne Express defeated the Rome Gladiators 4 games to 3 in a great battle.  Led by their star center, Sjin @Sjin 8g-12-20pts they wrecked Vasteras Iron Eagles in round 1 4 games to 1 before moving on to Rome. Cologne was the #4 seed going into the playoffs, with the toughest schedule.  Knocking off the #1 seed Vasteras and then #2 seed in Rome was a huge achievement.  

Congrats! 

DRAFT HYPE

I was surfing the forum and stat page today and saw the draft rankings and TPE of some upcoming draft eligible players.  New York and Warsaw pick 1 and 2 most likely so I was curious to see who would go in top 5.  I also see some exceptional veteran talent available for draft.  Thor Reingaard @N0HBDY, Callum Gary Yannick Janser @Daniel JanserDaniel, Spanish Moon Moth @Renomitsu, Grimgor Ironhide @FrostBeard, Leif Reingaard @Zetterberg, goalie Red Panda @Lemorse7, Mina @Baozi, Olober Syko @Spartan , and Roby Kadachi @ROOKIE745 are just a few names available.  All are over 330 TPE and and are TPE earning machines. Each will be a game changer for any organization that picks them in the draft. 

Looking over the draft picks available to teams I see Calgary has two picks in first round, NY two picks, and Warsaw has 7 total picks (3 in second round).  It looks like NY, Calgary, and Warsaw are poised to get back to some winning with some great picks available.  

See ya next week 

3 hours ago, Scurvy said:

Looking over the draft picks available to teams I see Calgary has two picks in first round, NY two picks, and Warsaw has 7 total picks (3 in second round).  It looks like NY, Calgary, and Warsaw are poised to get back to some winning with some great picks available.  

Moscow with 3 first rounders!!