Official Movie Discussion

Devise

I'm going to see it but fuck the new Star Wars. Seriously, Tatooine? AGAIN? That fucking boring bullshit desert planet should be blown to hell. LITERALLY the most boring planet in the entire SW universe and nearly every fucking movie keeps going there. STOP GOING THERE. IT ISN'T INTERESTING! IT WAS BARELY INTERESTING ONCE! WHY DO THEY KEEP GOING THERE!

RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE

Um.

It's not Tatooine.

A giant desert scene? Yes, that would be Tatooine. 

They already confirmed it's a different planet.

It's called Jakku.

There's going to be new maps in the upcoming Battlefront game just to show the planet off, and how that Star Destroyer ended up there.

• 3 weeks later...

The cast for Captain America: Civil War is fucking ridiculous:

Chris Evans as Steve Rogers/Captain America

Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark/Iron Man

Scarlett Johansson as Natasha Romanoff/Black Widow

Sebastian Stan as Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier

Anthony Mackie as Sam Wilson/Falcon

Paul Bettany as The Vision

Jeremy Renner as Clint Barton/Hawkeye

Don Cheadle as Jim Rhodes/War Machine

Elizabeth Olsen as Wanda Maximoff/Scarlet Witch

Paul Rudd as Scott Lang/Ant-Man

Chadwick Boseman as T'Challa/Black Panther

Emily VanCamp as Sharon Carter/Agent 13

Daniel Bruhl as Baron Helmut Zemo

Frank Grillo as Brock Rumlow/Crossbones

Willian Hurt as General Thaddeus "Thunderbolt" Ross

Martin Freeman as ???????????????????

???????????? as Peter Parker/Spider-Man

Age of Ultron : 8/10

decent movie. I felt they went a bit too much "wow" effect instead of the pure nerdy content which I was expecting. They change the story of Ultron a bit (well, the major one being his creator) but it fits the scenario. I was happy to see the end credit scene. 

All other action movies need to take a step back and reevaluate themselves, because Mad Max: Fury Road is one of the best things I've ever watched. It puts Fast & Furious and every other modern action movie to shame and then some in the first act of the movie, then gets even better and crazier.

P.S. If you thought the trailers spoiled too much of the movie (I know I did) then don't worry: 98% of what you see in the trailers happens in the first 30 minutes.

I liked Avengers 2. I think it is around the same quality as the first Avengers, but Captain America 2 Winter Soldier still stands tall to me as the best Marvel movie. 

Seeing Mad Max here in roughly 20 minutes. 

I liked Avengers 2. I think it is around the same quality as the first Avengers, but Captain America 2 Winter Soldier still stands tall to me as the best Marvel movie. 

Seeing Mad Max here in roughly 20 minutes. 

Age of Ultron was severely hampered by the running time IMO. There was so much in that movie and no room for it to breathe. Hell, a lot of stuff sort of just happens and isn't really explained. Apparently the original cut was three and a half hours, now I'd love to see that. As it stands, it's not even top 5 in the MCU for me. That goes: Winter Soldier, Guardians of the Galaxy, Avengers, Iron Man, Daredevil.

Prepare for the best thing you've seen in a long time with Mad Max.

The best thing I've seen in a long time? Haha. Mad Max was really good, it was the exact type of high octane action movie that both knows it's audiences and doesn't let the plot get in the way I like. But the plot they do provide is hearty enough to chew on, and serious enough that it doesn't need to be campy. It draws a very good line.

The set pieces and action are also top class in terms of blockbuster action as well. Certainly very good. 

Regarding your Avengers 2 thoughts, I didn't feel like there was too much that nothing had room to breathe. For me as a previous comic reader and a lover of various animated series, it felt like all these heroes had been doing things and off on their own so much, the way it should feel. I liked how it felt like there was a lot going on that we don't get the full picture on because generally that is how it always feels when you bring that many complicated characters together. To me it helped add credence and purpose to seeing/visiting these characters in their own adventures. 

I still think Civil War will end up being the best MCU movie, and if they plan on going past Phase Three I will be checking out. Up until now I've watched all of the MCU stuff, including Agents of Shield (which by the way Season 2 ranks it up there with Daredevil in terms of quality MCU watching. It's one of the best MCU things for me tbh.) 

Avengers: Infinity War Part One and Two will be pretty stacked as well.

Infinity War 2 has Daredevil, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, The Fantastic Four, Guardians of the Galaxy, etc etc. X-Men? I don't know.

Especially since they're going to be using Daredevil, Luke Cage, Iron Fist and Jessica Jones from their Netflix series'.

Infinity War 2 has Daredevil, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, The Fantastic Four, Guardians of the Galaxy, etc etc. X-Men? I don't know.

Especially since they're going to be using Daredevil, Luke Cage, Iron Fist and Jessica Jones from their Netflix series'.

Won't have X-Men. Will have Spider Man but it'll be it's own actor since technically Sony can still make Spider Man movies unconnected to the universe. 

As for the Netflix/TV Universe stuff, there is rumor that it may happen but it hasn't been confirmed yet. I'd have to think they'd go for that type of payoff, but I doubt it'll be major roles. I could easily see them showing up in limited capacities/battle scenes. I'm kinda curious to see if any of the Agents of Shield stuff carries over to movies given how they basically introduce Inhumans in that show, as well as you know...Coulson is alive again...which was a big plot point in the original Avengers. His death that is. 

FANTASTIC FOUR AND X-MEN HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE MCU. THE TV CHARACTERS MIGHT SHOW UP THOUGH, I FEEL LIKE DAREDEVIL IS THE MOST LIKELY. INFINITY WAR WILL PROBABLY BE THE NEW AVENGERS GETTING REKT IN PART 1, AND THEN THE OLD GANG + THE GUARDIANS SHOW UP IN PART 2 AND FUCK SHIT UP.

FANTASTIC FOUR AND X-MEN HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE MCU. THE TV CHARACTERS MIGHT SHOW UP THOUGH, I FEEL LIKE DAREDEVIL IS THE MOST LIKELY. INFINITY WAR WILL PROBABLY BE THE NEW AVENGERS GETTING REKT IN PART 1, AND THEN THE OLD GANG + THE GUARDIANS SHOW UP IN PART 2 AND FUCK SHIT UP.

Eh, maybe. I don't know if Downey Jr will be around. Considering in the original Civil War story Captain America "dies" at the end, and with Downey Jr wearing out on the Iron Man role I speculate that it is he who dies in the MCU version of Civil War. Once we see Civil War we will have a better idea of how this all shakes out. 

Won't have X-Men. Will have Spider Man but it'll be it's own actor since technically Sony can still make Spider Man movies unconnected to the universe. 

As for the Netflix/TV Universe stuff, there is rumor that it may happen but it hasn't been confirmed yet. I'd have to think they'd go for that type of payoff, but I doubt it'll be major roles. I could easily see them showing up in limited capacities/battle scenes. I'm kinda curious to see if any of the Agents of Shield stuff carries over to movies given how they basically introduce Inhumans in that show, as well as you know...Coulson is alive again...which was a big plot point in the original Avengers. His death that is. 

Ah. Yeah, I knew Spider-Man was coming in as a new actor and then after they would make movies for him, but without an origin story because there's been too many reboots of that.

I just remember reading on Reddit in those subreddits like Defenders, etc and they seemed to be talking about Daredevil in Infinity War 2 as if it was 100% happening.

It would be awesome if Wolverine could be in an Avengers movie. I wouldn't mind it wasn't Hugh Jackman either. I think he recently said that this next Wolverine movie would be his last.

Ah. Yeah, I knew Spider-Man was coming in as a new actor and then after they would make movies for him, but without an origin story because there's been too many reboots of that.

I just remember reading on Reddit in those subreddits like Defenders, etc and they seemed to be talking about Daredevil in Infinity War 2 as if it was 100% happening.

It would be awesome if Wolverine could be in an Avengers movie. I wouldn't mind it wasn't Hugh Jackman either. I think he recently said that this next Wolverine movie would be his last.

Spider Man is going to get so confusing too.

So the MCU (Marvel owned by Disney) CANNOT make a Spider Man movie. They negotiated for the rights to STAR spider man the character in their universe movies. Similar to how MCU can use Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch. However Sony is still the only movie studio that can make a Spider Man movie, and rumors are they have a new one coming out. That movie will not be canon or apart of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. 

I want to go see Mad Max again.

Very few films have that sort of movie magic that everything seemed to have, and it's something I truly miss. The Rocketeer is the most recent movie I had seen that had that sort of charm. But man... Fury Road totally has it. In a different sort of way, it appeals to a different part of me than something like The Rocketeer or Star Wars does.

That first chase sequence is so insane, and and it's so nice to have that breather in between... But then goes absolutely nuts again and keeps one-upping itself, and all I can do is sit there with a fucking grin on my face. I saw this quote from a review but it's so fitting: The first chase (or first part of the chase) is one of the best car chases I've ever seen in a movie. It's also by far the worst chase in the movie. Everything about the movie is so deliberately done, all the pieces fitting together perfectly to form this beautiful, insane, awesome fucking movie. Just thinking about the sequence that... I guess you'd call it the second part of the chase (as they are going through the canyon), that has this music playing is just so fucking good. And it got better from there too.

I can't wait for the Mad Max game and Warner Bros. better greenlight that prequel script that George Miller has ready.

There is no denying the amount of callback work Mad Max does. It has a great time and place to it as well, not the setting but I mean when it comes out considering what it is. It's been quite some time that big action blockbuster has seen a film do so well with so little script. It's ability to say so much without saying anything is astonishing to be honest.

It'll certainly influence some more bigger movies to come for sure. I'd love to see it again in theaters, it's basically the place to see that movie imo. 

Also fuck you Sandro, now I can't stop listening to that song. The soundtrack was pretty great all around to be honest! 

Welcome to my world for the last week. :P

Considering the lack of lines, what did you think of Hardy's performance by the way?

I personally loved it. The depth and range Hardy has an actor from films like Inception/TDKR to carrying Locke (a highly amazing indy) and now a very low script role like this. He doesn't just sell the action, he sells the damaged character so well with so few words. Not an easy role to nail, but he does it.

If the rumors are true and he ends up as the next Bond post Craig, I think I'll be in heaven. Just need to find a director for the post Craig Bond after Mendes. The fan boy in me hopes that Nolan can finally land a Bond role. Him and Hardy together again in Bond? Dear god would that be magical.