Official Movie Discussion

Devise

Watched Disturbia last night. It looked decent from the trailer, and the build up was alright. Then there was a lot of just stupid things that happened. Guess it is what it is, a PG13 thriller, not much unpredictability. 6/10.

Just watched Jersey Boys (2014). Kind of a hard film to grade. It is well cast from some no name as Frankie Val

li to Christopher Walkin as a Jersey Capo and everyone in between. The core cast does a decent job with the material, but when I got to the credits and saw that Clint Eastwood had directed it I was let down. all in all I feel the movie just could have dine more for me. Obviously it is a food movie for any Four Season's fan to see, but in a vacuum is a very mediocre film (but above average for it's genre).

2-8 Scale: 4

Prisoners was wicked. It had my attention for the full 2 hours and 20 mins. If you haven't seen it yet dooo it.

10/10 thriller mystery

I'm not sure what I'll watch next, guess I'll scour IMDB

Just finished it. It is a 10/10 from me as well. The realistic point of view from both sides of the spectrum. Jake Gyllenhall does it again and I'm surprised its not directed by David Fincher considering Jake plays a cop out to find a missing person much like Zodiac. I recommend watching in one sitting despite it's length. Jackman plays his role perfectly and I feel as though Terrance Howard could be any other actor and his role would stay the same (he barely does much). If you like Cold Case or Criminal Minds this is right up your alley.

Just finished it. It is a 10/10 from me as well. The realistic point of view from both sides of the spectrum. Jake Gyllenhall does it again and I'm surprised its not directed by David Fincher considering Jake plays a cop out to find a missing person much like Zodiac. I recommend watching in one sitting despite it's length. Jackman plays his role perfectly and I feel as though Terrance Howard could be any other actor and his role would stay the same (he barely does much). If you like Cold Case or Criminal Minds this is right up your alley.

Gyllenhaal is a cop in End of Watch as well. Also played that role great.

I also just watched Prisoners the other day. I'm surprised it took me this long.

I forgot he has a movie coming out in a month as well called Southpaw with Rachel McAdams and Forest Whitaker. I love me my Gyllenhaal movies.

Gyllenhaal is a cop in End of Watch as well. Also played that role great.

I also just watched Prisoners the other day. I'm surprised it took me this long.

I forgot he has a movie coming out in a month as well called Southpaw with Rachel McAdams and Forest Whitaker. I love me my Gyllenhaal movies.

He really is a good actor, one that may not be considered one of the top 5. I saw End of Watch too and it was great. He had a great performance in The Source Code.

• 3 weeks later...

Just got around to seeing Imitation Game. Hot damn is that ever a fantastic film! Great historical bio that does a good job at pulling on the heart strings and also managing to be both compelling and interesting all the way through. Well acted and paced as well. 

The Prestige was a great thriller that will leave you guessing, if you like the movies that I have liked in the past then be sure to check this one out if you haven't. Also Christian Bale such a good actor. 9/10.

The Prestige was a great thriller that will leave you guessing, if you like the movies that I have liked in the past then be sure to check this one out if you haven't. Also Christian Bale such a good actor. 9/10.

first time i watched it I was blown away, but the second time makes it meh you know? thats how i feel about it anyway. 

Oh yea that reminds me:

Minions 6/10

Yea it was funny... nothing spectacular though. As entertaining as those minions are the plot was lacking, the character development was minimal but whatevers, still enjoyable. 

The best part about the movie is actually trying to understand the minion language... which seems a mix up of heavily Spanish, some Italian, some Greek, a little French, and a little English. 

Coherence. A different movie for sure, it's an indie film I guess and is labeled as a sci-fi thriller. The film revolves around an interesting concept, but I won't spoil it. 6/10..

Oh yea that reminds me:

Minions 6/10

Yea it was funny... nothing spectacular though. As entertaining as those minions are the plot was lacking, the character development was minimal but whatevers, still enjoyable.

The best part about the movie is actually trying to understand the minion language... which seems a mix up of heavily Spanish, some Italian, some Greek, a little French, and a little English.

My women is gonna come to Toronto to murder you for giving this crap movie such a terrible review

Furious 7....

WHAT A BAD MOVIE. Like seriously, what in the hell did they do wrong with that series? Once they became basically heist films I was like hey, these aren't bad, not amazing mind you but watchable. But this movies tone was ALL over the place. Like fish flopping out of water awkward. It felt like 6 or 7 movies put into one, with the most absolutely stupid ridiculous action moments that are so fake and so bad it makes you wish the director had any idea what the word being subtle means.

That doesn't even get into the script. Some of the WORST one liners delivered at every turn. Like the movie was actually hilarious for how god damn bad it was.

Why all the good reviews on websites then? Like seriously. I feel like a monster but people really overrated this movie due to Paul Walkers death. The tribute at the end was a nice touch, but it like much of the film suffered from the issue of it tonally feeling absolutely out of place with anything else in the movie.