Official Movie Discussion

Devise

Problem is that it only got 1.8 Million views... probably not enough to get picked up. But it's airing in Canada soon and I'm doing some MAD spreading of the good word.

BSG, for example got something like 4.8 Million views and was picked up after a year. So fingers crossed

Every person that I've told to watch it, or that had watched it already has loved it.

I almost feel like they should be taking torrent downloads into consideration. With something like Ascension where many people probably didn't know about it or don't have SyFy, they really can't say TOO much about the 1.8 Million views. Someone like myself never watched it live. I downloaded every episode the night it aired.

Hell, if a show like Z Nation can get a Season 2, then Ascension should at the very least get a Season 1. Z Nation is a joke. It's a show to watch because it's so horribly stupid and cliche in what happens. They even have an army dude falling from a roof shooting upwards at a zombie that falls after him.

I would try out Birdman. It's not boring, it's not super geeky. It's just plain good.

If I steer you wrong you can tell me to fuck off and never listen to me again. 

People told me the same thing about Guardians of the Galaxy and I thought that movie was atrocious.  Fool me once ...

People told me the same thing about Guardians of the Galaxy and I thought that movie was atrocious.  Fool me once ...

What James said. Also Guardians is a good movie, you just hate anything that involves "superheros" in even the most minuscule way.

What James said. Also Guardians is a good movie, you just hate anything that involves "superheros" in even the most minuscule way.

This is true.  Guardians could be a good movie for many people, but for me it was garbage. Fell asleep.  Hated it.   That's the beauty of art.  It's subjective.

I have a problem.

I can't stop watching the trailer for Mad Max: Fury Road.

It seriously looks like the best thing ever.

I really hope it's the best thing ever.

That'd be really cool.

Tom Hardy is so awesome

x2. Dude knows how to pick movies, Mad Max will be good. Also the western with him and Leo coming out next year is going to be awesome.

I'll give Interstellar an 8.5. It sucks that I had parts of the ending spoiled for me ahead of time, because I figured out where things were going about an hour into the movie. There were some clunky moments in terms of dialogue, and the story getting a bit too much into WTF territory, but the majority of the movie was absolutely spectacular.

The cinematography and production design were incredible, and that was the best score Hans Zimmer has put out in some time. The least Hans Zimmer-sounding too, he was becoming a bit of a parody of himself from Inception onwards. I really wish I had gone to see this in IMAX because the visuals and the sound would've just been incredible in that environment. 

Edited by Sandro

Pretty much bang on Sandro. 8.5 and much of the same feedback with me. The one thing that really bothered me though was the massive plot hole in the movie that I couldn't quite get over.  Don't want to spoil it for anyone so won't mention much more, but wish I had seen it in Imax as well.  Last movie I saw in Imax was Gravity and it was an amazing film to see in that format - up there with the best movie 'experiences' I have ever had.