Official Movie Discussion

Devise

Furious 7....

WHAT A BAD MOVIE. Like seriously, what in the hell did they do wrong with that series? Once they became basically heist films I was like hey, these aren't bad, not amazing mind you but watchable. But this movies tone was ALL over the place. Like fish flopping out of water awkward. It felt like 6 or 7 movies put into one, with the most absolutely stupid ridiculous action moments that are so fake and so bad it makes you wish the director had any idea what the word being subtle means.

That doesn't even get into the script. Some of the WORST one liners delivered at every turn. Like the movie was actually hilarious for how god damn bad it was.

Why all the good reviews on websites then? Like seriously. I feel like a monster but people really overrated this movie due to Paul Walkers death. The tribute at the end was a nice touch, but it like much of the film suffered from the issue of it tonally feeling absolutely out of place with anything else in the movie.  

I'm not at all a fan of this fast & bi-curious franchise but if you mute the parts where Vin Diesel talks and remember all action movie stunts are pretty ridiculous and over the top I swear to god the movie becomes watchable.

I'm not at all a fan of this fast & bi-curious franchise but if you mute the parts where Vin Diesel talks and remember all action movie stunts are pretty ridiculous and over the top I swear to god the movie becomes watchable.

well, you took away 85% of the movie 

Got another one on Canada Netflix for ya.

Lawless. Watched it last night, it's about moonshiners and the law during the prohibition era in the U.S. I just saw it on Netflix last night and it looked decent, and it was, especially if you like the outlaw type movies. I need to fill the void left by Boardwalk Empire. 9/10.

Finally just saw The Running Man with Arnold for the first time. You know for being littered with some great B movie one liners and a pretty crazy plot, there is some attempt at actual characters in this. The setting was also pretty unique, and they explore it far more than I thought they would going in. I actually enjoyed it at the end of the day to be honest. 

• 1 month later...

someone saw straight outta compton ?

Yeah its pretty good, if you like there music its great. Shows the ins and outs of the game and what they came from. I personally loved it.

Also I watched southpaw a couple weeks ago. I heard before I watched it that it was really depressing. I can see why people have said its a depressing movie but I thought it was great. Jake was great in it, he seems to play the weird/quite guy really well in movies. 

I love Jake Gyllenhaal's acting. Many of his movies are some of my favourites, like End of Watch, Prisoners, Enemy, and Nightcrawler. He's fantastic.

Source Code was a decent movie as well. Those are also just the ones off the top of my head, and I'm sure there are others I'm missing that I loved.

Just thought of another 2 of his I love....Jarhead and Brothers. Damn his movies are fantastic.

• 2 weeks later...