Theme Week - The All-Star Tournament Game Idea (for off-season fun)

Theme Week - The All-Star Tournament Game Idea (for off-season fun)

After just watching the NHL All-Star week and All-Star game, there is no better theme week but to talk about a VHL All-Star game. From the sounds of things, there seemed to used to be a VHL All-Star game, and while All-Star week and All-Star game is really just a weekend of fun for kids to enjoy, it is still a wonderful concept to recognize each season's most dominate players playing in an All-Star game. Personally, I do not know whether the VHL had ever had an All-Star Game concept, however, I have an idea that may be of interest to the VHL community.

While it is indeed incredibly difficult to build up All-Star teams for an All-Star game with the limited number of teams in the VHL, we could and should entertain the idea of having an offseason event where everyone would build their own All-Star line up made from having one player chosen from each VHL team for the season (and participants could start building their team after each VHL teams' lines have been finalized after the season's trade deadline, so there's plenty of time to think of how you would want to build your All-Star team line up). We could then have an offseason tournament where all submitted line ups would compete in a quick one or two day sims to see which All-Star built team of players would win the tournament, and maybe the winner(s) could get some extra TPE for their player. Something simple to keep the possibly boring off-seasons more entertaining. This would also bring people like myself, who don't normally follow the VHL as my player is not the in VHL now, to be more engaged with keeping more up-to-date with the current events of the league.

Now let's have some fun as I try to build a god-awful team of All-Stars from this current VHL season 92, which could possibly have the potential to win a VHL All-Star Game Sims Tournament (abide we are not finished the season and trades could still happen with the trade deadline having not passed yet). With the rule of picking only one player from each team to build a team of 16 that could have a maximum of 12 forwards, 8 defence, and 2 goalies (although I do not know why you would want 2 goalies when you won't get to change your line up during the tournament sims, since that's too much effort and work for simmers).

For the purpose of choosing a test VHL Season 92 All-Star Team Line up, and also for my preference of having a team of 9 forwards, 6 defence, 1 goaltender, and with players playing their correct positions (ie. 3 left wings, 3 centers, and 3 right wings), I choose the following players from each of their respective teams: (Please note that there are no requirements for the line ups to have each player playing in their correct position such that there's a left wing, center, and right wing for each forwards line. This is just my preference, but if we do choose to incorporate this concept as an off-season event, it may be interesting to have the All-Star Team building line up to need to meet a positional correctness requirement.)

From the Season 92 Calgary Wranglers, I choose D Phil Strasmore @Phil this is a tough choice as D Skor McFleury @Alex is supposedly, at least on paper, the better defenceman, but I cannot skip on my buddy Phil.

From the Los Angeles Stars, I choose G Art Vandelay @Gustav this is another hard choice as there are so many good options up front at center, but I ultimately chose goaltending from the great season Art Vandelay is currently having with the Los Angeles Stars.

From the D.C Dragons, D Mark Calaway @Beketov let's be honest, choosing an All-Star Team that only allows one player from each VHL team is not easily! So many good choices, but only one option. This is why everyone's All-Star Team line up would probably differ in some way or another. I decided to choose a d-man, maybe my choice would be different if I actually spent time to compare the teams and think about my choices.

From the Toronto Legion, I choose C Jimi Jaks @ke1vi I need a center, haven't chosen one yet.

From the Chicago Phoenix, I choose RW Yaroslav Trunov @qripll I need a right wing to go with my center.

From the New York Americans, I choose RW FISTED ANALLY BY A CIRCUS MONKEY Analfist @STZ typically I feel there would be more available centers later and FISTED ANALLY BY A CIRCUS MONKEY has a pretty nice DF.

From the Vancouver Wolves, I choose D Liv Slater @Subject056 debatably the best player on the Wolves.

From the Seattle Bears, I choose C Severus Targaryen @Banackock likewise debatably the best player on the Bears.

From the Malmo Nighthawks, I choose D Jacob Stone @scoop dude's got a very good DF.

From the Moscow Menace, I choose LW Left Alone @okochastar I need a left wing, haven't chosen one yet.

From the Helsinki Titans, I choose C Daryl Dixon @Ricer13 how can I skip on Daryl Dixon?

From the Prague Phantoms, I choose LW Nikolas Kauppi @Tetricide I just chose another center, definitely need another left wing.

From the London United, I choose RW Molly the Cat @JCarson honestly a very tough choice between Molly the Cat and Leonard Triller @Triller Both right wingers are fantastic choices, you can't go wrong either way. I ended up choosing SC over PA.

From the Warsaw Predators, I choose D Rex Wolffe Gregor @oilmandan I need two more D to fill out the team (my preference for three D pairings).

From the Riga Reign, I choose LW AK92 Wit da Hoodie @hedgehog337 one of the best players and left wing to fill out my forwards.

And, from the HC Davos Dynamo, I would choose D David Jokinen @Ahma an obvious choice to round out my All-Star Team line up, sorry no offense @CrlineDijohn14

This would give me the following All-Star game line up: (Noted that I did not spend too much time choosing this line-up, so it's not a very tasking activity that anyone could easily participate and join in)

Rhynex Entertainment S92 test All-Star line up

LW AK92 Wit da Hoodie - C Jimi Jaks - RW Molly the Cat

LW Nikolas Kauppi - C Daryl Dixon -RW FISTED ANALLY BY A CIRCUS MONKEY Analfist

LW Left Alone - C Severus Targaryen - RW Yaroslav Trunov

D Phil Strasmore - D Jacob Stone

D Liv Slater - D Mark Calaway

D Rex Wolffe Gregor - D David Jokinen

G Gustav

Tell me your thoughts about this off-season game proposal! Who would you choose for your All-Star Game line up?

[Word count: 1133]

[Claim for weeks ending 2024-02-11 and 2024-02-18]

Edited by Rhynex Entertainment
P.S I don't know why s n u b b e d became FISTED ANALLY BY A CIRCUS MONKEY

6 hours ago, Rhynex Entertainment said:

From the New York Americans, I choose RW FISTED ANALLY BY A CIRCUS MONKEY Analfist @STZ typically I feel there would be more available centers later and FISTED ANALLY BY A CIRCUS MONKEY has a pretty nice DF.

This will never not be my favorite part of the website.

2 hours ago, Tetricide said:

This will never not be my favorite part of the website.

😂 and to make things even more intriguing, coincidentally it popped up as RW FISTED ANALLY BY A CIRCUS MONKEY Analfist @STZ you sly dog ;) Fisted Anally by Analfist 🤣

Now imagine if it went FISTED ANALLY BY A CIRCUS MONKEY FISTED ANALLY BY A CIRCUS MONKEY 🤔 🫡

Just now, Rhynex Entertainment said:

😂 and to make things even more intriguing, coincidentally it popped up as RW FISTED ANALLY BY A CIRCUS MONKEY Analfist @STZ you sly dog ;) Fisted Anally by Analfist 🤣

Now imagine if it went FISTED ANALLY BY A CIRCUS MONKEY FISTED ANALLY BY A CIRCUS MONKEY 🤔 🫡

Damn this was satisfying to read

This is a really great idea for a VHL All Star event that could actually be done, I think, without too much difficulty.  I think you're right that it would give more reason for players not in the VHL to pay attention to that league if you could earn a little TPE, and it would just be a fun way to honor the top players every season and an interesting sim loaded with some high end talent.  The only issue I could potentially see is that there would possibly be bots filling in the empty rosters spots?  Maybe not? Idk lol. I suppose that would be the same for every entry, but ideally we could put together full rosters without bots, but maybe that's too much to ask of entrants and simmers.  I think your All Star picks are good as well-- Vandelay is a good pick, but I'd personally have Ash Sparks as the top goalie, shoutout to @DarkSpyro having an incredible season.  All said, this was a great post and I really liked the ideas you brought to a potential all star event.  

Rating: 9/10

02/11/24

Edited by LucyXpher