S92 Hall of Fame Induction

Victor

• Admin

A day earlier than scheduled as I'm at an event tomorrow. In any case this is quite a short one this season as we have no Builders to induct and just one player.

D - Jake Thunder, S84-S91 :dav:

RS: 576 GP, 121 G, 531 A, 652 P, +151, 1,317 PIM, 1,696 HIT, 1,276 SB, 19 GW

PO: 98 GP, 25 G, 84 A, 109 P, -7, 259 PIM, 299 HIT, 246 SB, 4 GW

S85 Dustin Funk Trophy (Most Improved)

S88 Alexander Beketov Trophy (Most Assists)

S89 Daisuke Kanou Trophy (Playoff MVP)

S90 Sterling Labatte Trophy (Top Defenceman)

S90 Jake Wylde Trophy (Top Defensive Defenceman)

2x All-VHL First Team (S88, S90)

4x All-VHL Second Team (S85, S86, S89, S91)

One Continental Cup (S89)

But what a player it is. One of the best players in the hybrid era, one of the best defencemen in the 16-team era, and we can probably start the debate on his place in the all-time list. Jake @Thunder flew under the radar at the S93 draft, only going 19th overall, but what a steal that proved to be for Davos, who got 7 straight 80-point seasons out of Thunder, 6 elections to the top four defencemen in the VHL, and most importantly several deep playoff runs, two finals, and a first Continental Cup in nearly 30 seasons. Thunder and goalie Lachlan Summers invoked Dynamo dynasties of the past like those of Jenskovic and Devereux, and Bergqvist and Kanou. But even aside from franchise importance, Thunder also lands in the top 30 all-time of the defencemen stats that matter (assists, points, hits, shot blocks) and top 5 when just considering the playoffs. An all-time great first-gen career for sure and I'm glad you're back from a brief hiatus to allow me to congratulate you on a well-deserved Hall of Fame induction!

Voting results

Jake Thunder - 11/11

----

Voittu Jannula - 4/11

Papa Emeritus - 3/11

Bo Johansson - 2/11

Nico Pearce - 1/11

Kristof Welch, Paul Atreides, Oskar Lindbergh, Zach Kisslinger II, Hammar Voss - 0/11

12 minutes ago, Daniel Janser said:

Well deserved induction into the Holy Halls of Fame. Welcome, brother.

Thank you very much.

Congrats pal!  @Thunder   We talk a lot of shit but Thunder was an absolute stud and your are an amazing addition to the league.   Pumped that you are back now and we can hopefully play together someday.  

Well deserved HOF 

HoNB player Voittu Jannula officially on the ballot and getting votes 👁️ maybe next season we’ll finally induct the player who was 3rd all-time in points on defense when he retired—or maybe recency bias will continue. 

Massive congrats to Thunder and a great day for Davos! It was interesting the first couple times his name came up in award voting, especially since he was a bit lesser known outside the team, but then it just kept happening. First ballot is absolutely deserved here and I’m glad we’re seeing it!

Can't say I didn't see this coming :D Congrats @Thunder. A well deserved spot among the other VHL greats in our history. I'm grateful to have played against him for many seasons.