BoG Seasonal State of Address

Devise

It's been a historic season for the VHL, and there was plenty of discussions and debate in the Board of Governors section this past season. There has also been some flaming wars and petty arguments recently, but we won't get into that. :P 

Season 40 brought with it a bunch of changes. Vasteras is now Stockholm, something that was in the works and talked about for the past couple seasons. We continue to evolve player store, and we remain open to feedback regarding that. However we still remain firm that we do not wish to return to a pay for TPE system. So if you have some constructive ideas on stuff to add that would be a good alternative purchase to some of the things already available, feel free to send me or any BoG member messages. 

You also saw some changes to the way we pay out recruitment TPE, another method to try to handle some of the inflation going on. This wasn't done as a way to punish people for making this league more active, just more to prevent people from abusing a system we already had in place. We looked at some of the members who represent the TPE inflation and the majority of them did utilize the recruitment system very effectively. 

We have altered the VHLM so that no player can play in the VHLM with attributes about 175 TPE. They will be banked TPE after that point. That will probably not be the end of VHLM changes, however I feel confident in saying that there shouldn't be any major VHLM changes for a couple more seasons. The BoG has agreed that we have put enough changes into the VHLM in the last few seasons that it is time to see it in action for a little bit. So as with before, if your newer to the league and your in the VHLM give us thoughts on some of the systems in place. What do you like, what bugs you? 

We have some stuff planned for the future, just debating on specifics, but you can expect to see some news roll out by the end of next season. Some of the things we have been discussing is a VHL player Fantasy League, in the same vein of the SHL. While exactly how we plan on doing it hasn't been nailed, most of the BoG likes the concept of having a fantasy system in place that pays attention to the stats/play of VHL players. Gives the games even more incentive to be watched/followed. 

VHLM Awards may get renamed, that discussion has been reopened. For those that don't know the VHLM awards remain named after NHL players, and we are a league that pride ourselves on our own identity. Once a conclusion is reached on what we should name them after, you should see some changes to those awards. 

Given the drama with newer members and some of the rules we have seen this year, there has been serious talk about adding two new faces to the BoG in a limited role. While they would still be able to make suggestions, and contribute they would be off limits from things like HoF voting and such. However we want to get a few newer members on the inside floor to see how things operate and to have fresh feedback from someone who is seeing the league for the very first time. 

After the success of the Team Point Task this past year, there has been talks of making a Team PT a semi regular thing. We don't know how often it will be, and there has been talks of varying different tasks. But we liked the concept of teams getting together to all earn some TPE and have a good time. Builds locker room chemistry. So look for official details of that sometime in the future. 

Some other minor things have gained discussion as well, such as adding another once per career task similar to the Rookie Profile and Biography. The need for rivalry games in the sim, splitting up the VHL and VHLM in STHS, restructuring the salary bracket that currently exists in the VHL.

There you have it, some insight into some of the things being discussed currently and for the future. As always we are always available to listen to your feedback. But please be constructive. Frank just saying the BoG is biased as hell, or sucks isn't feedback. If you want to criticize what we are or what we have been doing at least have the balls to show up with an idea that you think is an improvement on something we have created/done. Not just because you like it either. A lot of what we do, like player store restructure for example is about the betterment of the league. So please keep some of that in mind before posting in the suggestions/complaints thread or PMing. 

If you fail to understand a reason why a change was made, you don't need to start a bunch of drama either. I'll gladly explain to you why the decision was made, and what the reasoning behind it was. None of us are evil masterminds trying to ruin your life or the integrity of the league. We would love to hear more from you, so don't hesitate to send us questions and opinions. 

That is all from me, here is to a great World Cup and an excellent season 41!

Also, to further my statement about new members joining the BoG we have actually decided what new members would be coming on board and who we would be cutting.

Due to his recent inactivity in the league, Sherriflobo will be removed as a Board of Governor Member. Also, Knight is being removed as an official member of the Board of Governors. However due to his extensive sacrifice and commitment to the league, he is being given honorary access, as his feedback even his spurts of activity has still been fantastic. 

Without further adieu the Board of Governors welcomes;

Denver

Jaladollar

Congratulations and welcome aboard guys! 

You forgot to mention my new idea where we can buy equipment from the player store for our players that give temporary (1 season) boosts to attributes. Like hockey sticks for +2 scoring or passing etc. You unlock better equipment to buy as you get older and reach milestones.

It seems like the BoG is trying to cut down the amount of drama around the league. I suggest we maybe look for a BoG member who holds the opposite viewpoint and wants more drama in the VHL because it keeps things fresh and exciting.

With that being said, I would like to nominate myself for the position. If the BoG is interested in my services, I am willing to discuss it with sterling at Fuddruckers.

It seems like the BoG is trying to cut down the amount of drama around the league. I suggest we maybe look for a BoG member who holds the opposite viewpoint and wants more drama in the VHL because it keeps things fresh and exciting.

With that being said, I would like to nominate myself for the position. If the BoG is interested in my services, I am willing to discuss it with sterling at Fuddruckers.

What's the special? Fades?