HC Davos Dynamo Jersey Retirement

CoachReilly

Mr. Davos.  Mr. Dynamo.  Mr. Thomas Landry.  All three titles were synonymous for one player in the second half of the fourth decade in the VHL's history.  He was the leader in the VHL's most successful franchise for a great stretch in Davos history, where they went to four consecutive Continental Cup appearances in a row, winning two in that time.

Although Landry won few personal awards (other than Grimm Jonsson trophy twice for Top Leader), he was truly a force to be reckoned with.  The right winger from Allentown, Pennsylvania amassed 428 points (7th in Davos history), 171 goals (7th), 257 assists (8th), 138 +/- (12th), 727 PIM (5th) 1,534 hits (2nd), and 29 game-winning goals (6th).

Landry was the ideal guy to have in the locker room.  He wasn't ever content with the status quo and pushed the envelope, making his teammates around him better.  His stats are great; his leadership legendary.

In the words of Mr. Landry,

"Onwards, Davos."

Onwards, Landry.

izS6Iqx.png

Edited by CoachReilly

It's definitely tough to put into words how much this means to me. I never wanted much in the way of individual accolades, it was always about the bigger picture: the success of the HC Davos Dynamo. While my ultimate goal was realized twice through hoisting the Continental Cup, my biggest goal as an individual was finally realized tonight with the retiring of #24. I may never compare with many of the VHL's legends, but I can rest easy knowing that I was able to carve my own path into the league's storied history with the help of some tremendous teammates and friends. With the recent All-Star Game and now the jersey retirement, it might seem as if this is now finally the end. It is not quite yet finished, however. I fully believe that I will be back again one day at the Zurich Center to raise another, perhaps even two additional jerseys into the rafters. Only when my teammates receive their place in this great team's history will the career of Thomas Landry truly be at an end.

Now, I must say this one final time...

ONWARDS, DAVOS!! :dav: