Re-Creates - Would you skip the VHLM if given a choice?

Devise

Re-creation   

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Time for some more "light shedding" on ideas/suggestions that have been off and on in the BoG. The recent thread by Bouabi and one made a few days ago by Coach in the BoG discussion has propelled me to make this poll. I make the votes public, but technically speaking anyone/everyone could eventually re-create in this league, even first gens, so their opinions would still be relevant in this case. 

Anyway, I had an idea in the BoG roughly a season ago when the debates came to re-creates tearing up the VHLM and having way too much TPE in the minors. My idea was to restructure the re-creation TPE so that people would earn a lot more. Most higher TPE earners would earn anywhere from 200-300. However they would automatically qualify for the upcoming draft, spend zero games in the VHLM and still play 8 seasons in the VHL. Since some players wouldn't want to go this route, the idea also came with a caveat of a second option where the player would instead get put back to 0 TPE with no recreation and get the same perks/bonus's as first gens. 

Now that this debate is happening again, and we seem to have gone completely the other direction, now instead of alienating some newer members in the VHLM we are alienating some of our top earners in the VHLM, I'm curious how many people would be okay with these options. So go ahead and answer, I'm mostly curious how many people would be perfectly fine skipping the VHLM process in this regard, and making it for players that start at 0 TPE all the time. 

Personally I would forgo the VHLM if I were given the opportunity to skip it along with more TPE from recreating, but I believe if this was implicated you should be able to choose if you want to do this or enter the VHLM with the current carryover rules. Options are key

Personally I would forgo the VHLM if I were given the opportunity to skip it along with more TPE from recreating, but I believe if this was implicated you should be able to choose if you want to do this or enter the VHLM with the current carryover rules. Options are key

I agree with this 100%

• Admin

Yeah that's the idea.

I like this idea but I would recommend one change.  While I agree that a higher recreate percentage is needed if you are skipping the VHLM, I don't like the idea of starting at 0 if you choose to stay in the VHLM since it will seem like any effort put into your previous player is irrelevant.  

Instead, I would propose a higher recreate of, for example, 15% TPE for those who wish to skip the VHLM, and a 5 or 6% TPE for those who wish to stay in the VHLM.  If I were a 1,000TPE player who wanted to play in the VHLM, I would feel cheated by starting at 0, so at least a small recreate bonus would alleviate that problem.

• Admin

IMO skipping the VHLM should be allowed but you should be forced to enter the league with less TPE. Make it an incentive to go down.

That wouldn't really appeal to pissed off recreates who can't develop in the VHLM. Damned if you do or damned if you don't really. They'd (we'd) be picking between two evils - monotone reality of the VHLM or a shitty rookie + sophomore seasons.

I like this idea but I would recommend one change.  While I agree that a higher recreate percentage is needed if you are skipping the VHLM, I don't like the idea of starting at 0 if you choose to stay in the VHLM since it will seem like any effort put into your previous player is irrelevant.  

Instead, I would propose a higher recreate of, for example, 15% TPE for those who wish to skip the VHLM, and a 5 or 6% TPE for those who wish to stay in the VHLM.  If I were a 1,000TPE player who wanted to play in the VHLM, I would feel cheated by starting at 0, so at least a small recreate bonus would alleviate that problem.

The 0 TPE would be an option on top of current carry over rules. But the current carry over rules do include going into the VHLM that does have an attribute cap. Ergo if a player knew they were going to earn max carry over and enough TPE to not be able to update their player (a situation currently happening) it would in the end most likely benefit them TPE wise to skip. However in some cases certain re-creates may benefit more from having too little carry over that being able to start from scratch would net them more TPE in the long run. 

• Admin

This recreate thing is flawed anyways :P I get that you want to reward people for sticking around but the best always stay the best (relatively)

Can't make everyone happy

Some of the best would just leave and not be the best.

I would honestly say I probably wouldn't be here without carryover as an incentive.

That wouldn't really appeal to pissed off recreates who can't develop in the VHLM. Damned if you do or damned if you don't really. They'd (we'd) be picking between two evils - monotone reality of the VHLM or a shitty rookie + sophomore seasons.

tbh I don't see the problem with this. You want to skip the VHLM? Fine, but you don't get the same advantages of a year in the minors.

This recreate thing is flawed anyways :P I get that you want to reward people for sticking around but the best always stay the best (relatively)

Can't make everyone happy

Screw that I'm the best now and I climbed over many dead bodies on my path here!

tbh I don't see the problem with this. You want to skip the VHLM? Fine, but you don't get the same advantages of a year in the minors.

See this argument doesn't make sense to me at all. 

If someone chooses to skip the minors as a recreate, they should still get advantages based on their past player. Otherwise they wouldn't take the option. Then you get them with issues about not being able to spend their TPE in the minors, or new members unhappy that re-creates tear up the minors. If anything this is done as an incentive to encourage those who don't care about minors stats anyways, to let the new members reign more over the VHLM than currently. Which is exactly what new members seem to want. So why discourage re-creates by making it so they have no advantages for choosing to skip out on the VHLM? 

Edited by Devise22

I like the role-play aspect of this league, creating a story for your player. Given the option, I'd never skip the VHLM due to it being a cool chapter to your player's life.

I would certainly consider skipping the VHLM under that premise, but that doesn't meant that I think allowing it would be a good idea. The VHLM still benefits from the recreates being there and I don't think we should take that away. Also, even if they aren't competing against them directly, it might still be pretty demotivating for new members to see that other members start with 300 TPE while they get nothing and have to put in 2-3 seasons of hard work to even get to a recreates starting level.