Re-Creates - Would you skip the VHLM if given a choice?

Devise

Re-creation   

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm one of those guys that would rather spend my 8 seasons up in the VHL but ...

Lets say you get like 200 TPE and forgo the VHLM. Uhh, what are you doing as the season goes along? Some people recreate at the deadline ... Do they just sit and wait for the rest of the season?

Also what will this do to the VHLM LR activity problems people apparently already have. People that forgo the VHLM won't have LR access to minors teams in which they can help new players and provide activity.

• Commissioner

The exact rules would need to certainly be worked out but I would be all for skipping the VHLM in favour of going straight to the VHL. My only worry is that it makes the VHLM even more irrelevant because a lot of re-creates would choose to skip it al-together. That would mean the teams would have barely any players on them which is a major flaw.

P.S I haven’t read page 2 yet so someone might have said this already

I wouldn’t skip the VHLM.  For me at least skipping the VHLM is cutting the experience in half and depending on the total TPE I earn with Cattrall at the end of his career, I’m sure I’d already have incentive enough to try to top that total with my second player and so on and so forth. I see this topic really as to each their own, if you need an incentive to recreate a player in a league then you really don’t have the desire to be a member. That’s not throwing shade, but why are you here if you’re looking for an advantage in a league that’s trying to promote a stable and healthy community? You should be here for the community rather than extra TPE at point of creation. 

Edited by Denver

• Admin

VHLM would become really irrelevant if this happened as no members outside of VHLM GMs and the noobs would really care or discuss what goes on. Also, the amount of active members would be drastically reduced, so we'd probably have to cut to 6 teams

Does anyone apart from GMs and noobs care now?

Indeed. There are a few re-creates and members in general who have a passion for the VHLM, and honestly the groups who are pro VHLM continue to get in conflicts with those who aren't, those who have abused the system with higher TPE, the list goes on. People act like we would be forcing them to go to the VHL. That isn't the case. All we would be doing is offering options. In regards to the VHLM losing players, we would probably have to contract but don't go crazy on the amount of players we would lose. Again re-creates are in the VHLM for a single season. Then they spend usually 8 WHOLE SEASONS away from it. The VHLM lives fine when those players aren't there. 

If our goal is to make the VHLM a development league, an entry point for new members, having those who care about it and the new members make up the bulk of the league is a GOOD thing. Maybe records might actually make more of a difference this way, and stats/VHLM awards. Because you won't have as many players tearing it up with high TPE or unhappy that they have to play their and don't care. 

Edited by Devise22

I care about the VHLM when I'm in it. To say only noobs care is taking an elitist viewpoint. I remember a time when the VHLM didn't matter and we actively campaigned to make it a bigger deal and make it more important so that new members would feel a part of the league. 

This VHLM reform is going the opposite direction of the VHLM reform that Victor fought so hard for before. 

I care about the VHLM when I'm in it. To say only noobs care is taking an elitist viewpoint. I remember a time when the VHLM didn't matter and we actively campaigned to make it a bigger deal and make it more important so that new members would feel a part of the league. 

This VHLM reform is going the opposite direction of the VHLM reform that Victor fought so hard for before. 

Nobody said that. There are re-creates who passionately care about the VHLM and there are recreates who don't. Even if you disregard recreates I have talked to new members who simply wanted to get out of the VHLM and head to the VHL, and newer members who since leaving the VHLM were glad and have went to the VHL. It goes both ways. I just don't see how giving people options, provided all the options offer a balanced and fair approach for all parties really hurts anything. 

Nobody said that. There are re-creates who passionately care about the VHLM and there are recreates who don't. Even if you disregard recreates I have talked to new members who simply wanted to get out of the VHLM and head to the VHL, and newer members who since leaving the VHLM were glad and have went to the VHL. It goes both ways. I just don't see how giving people options, provided all the options offer a balanced and fair approach for all parties really hurts anything. 

Victor:

What's so bad about spending one whole season in the VHLM? You still get the 8 season career and atleast you get to do something and check out stats instead of sitting down and twiddling thumbs.

You don't have to spend more than one season in the VHLM as is, jeez, and it doesn't even effect your 8 seasons.