Official Videogame Thread

Sandro

I'm giving Eve Online a try.

I did for a little bit and it seems like a game that would be fun if you had a good group of buddies to play it with. I learned going in that you can eventually get enough ISK to buy FLEX, which is what you can use to "buy" subscription time. My plan was to maybe pay for 3 months or so and then just FLEX my account every month, but then I learned that it'd probably take even more time to do so and I'd have to essentially just grind a large majority of the time. If I had more disposable income, I'd definitely play, but I just can't right now.

I have seen so many Titanfall youtube videos and it looks like a combo of halo and cod. It looks so bad... so much stuff is happening at once.

Not impressed with it at all.

Yeah, um... Have you played it? No. Opinion = invalid.

The one thing COD has is, it is real and could potentially happen (subtract allien mode and zombies), Titanfall is as fake as it gets being all futuristic and all.

Please... please tell me you're being sarcastic.

So.. will the VHL Minecraft server ever exist?

My roommate set one up for max 10 people but first week someone found it and blew shit up so its white listed i guess.  I can get everyone in with their username and then add them to a list.

I did for a little bit and it seems like a game that would be fun if you had a good group of buddies to play it with. I learned going in that you can eventually get enough ISK to buy FLEX, which is what you can use to "buy" subscription time. My plan was to maybe pay for 3 months or so and then just FLEX my account every month, but then I learned that it'd probably take even more time to do so and I'd have to essentially just grind a large majority of the time. If I had more disposable income, I'd definitely play, but I just can't right now.

Ya they did a huge savings for valentines I guess I'm basically trying it out you get 14 days free after reading articles online about huge $300k-$500k of lost ships and equipment from large scale battles I have been interested.

The one thing COD has is, it is real and could potentially happen (subtract allien mode and zombies), Titanfall is as fake as it gets being all futuristic and all.

Yeah because when soldiers kill 5 people they get to call in a guard dog who will just kill people. Then when you get 3 more you can call in precision air strikes at will. And soldiers spend the majority of their time sprinting around and jump sniping with bolt action rifles. COD is as unrealistic as any game out there. But I'm not interested in Titanfall either I think it looks pretty awful myself. I don't like mechs. 

But has anyone played Hearthstone? Open beta from Blizzard and not something I would normally be interested in but it's incredibly fun. Also been playing Outlast on the PS4 which is incredibly creepy, and Minecraft on PS4 is great fun.

Edited by Maxy

Yeah because when soldiers kill 5 people they get to call in a guard dog who will just kill people. Then when you get 3 more you can call in precision air strikes at will. And soldiers spend the majority of their time sprinting around and jump sniping with bolt action rifles. COD is as unrealistic as any game out there. But I'm not interested in Titanfall either I think it looks pretty awful myself. I don't like mechs. 

But has anyone played Hearthstone? Open beta from Blizzard and not something I would normally be interested in but it's incredibly fun. Also been playing Outlast on the PS4 which is incredibly creepy, and Minecraft on PS4 is great fun.

Maxy come on, you haven't seen a Soldier in real life magically place ballistic vests on ground for all his soldier homies to suit up after killing 6 guys? You need to get out more man.

Thats not real but someone in real life could actually be using a guard dog or calling in a airstrike....

Thats not real but someone in real life could actually be using a guard dog or calling in a airstrike....

But the whole game is not realistic, the only thing realistic about the game is the fact that they're humans and they're carrying somewhat real guns. That's it. Nothing else, the squads are smaller than a real military squad, the action is incredibly laughably fake, they're running around not using cover, they're just throwing grenades out pretty much anywhere... And the biggest unrealistic thing, the biggest ever. It's fucking respawn. Lol

If you want a real military sim, that's realistic, play ARMA 3 or America's Army. That's as close as we're going to get to military simulation. With games like Operation Flashpoint being probably the closest thing on consoles. 

But the whole game is not realistic, the only thing realistic about the game is the fact that they're humans and they're carrying somewhat real guns. That's it. Nothing else, the squads are smaller than a real military squad, the action is incredibly laughably fake, they're running around not using cover, they're just throwing grenades out pretty much anywhere... And the biggest unrealistic thing, the biggest ever. It's fucking respawn. Lol

If you want a real military sim, that's realistic, play ARMA 3 or America's Army. That's as close as we're going to get to military simulation. With games like Operation Flashpoint being probably the closest thing on consoles. 

I don't think you've played COD or know what real life is. People put out sat coms on a whim all the time man. Plus I was walking done Robson St. yesterday and a guy blew up from an IED planted there, he respawned behind me.

Kesler is the stupidest person I've seen type on the internet in the last week. Congratulations Kesler.

Also for anyone who knows anything, the team that made Titanfall INVENTED Call of Duty. It's a natural progression of those games that went on to do zero innovations and milk that franchise. They added more mobility, and managed to meld mechs and a futuristic setting with balance. The neat thing to me is also how most of the maps at least in the Beta feel middle sized. Enough chaos going on but it isn't small maps ala COD or overly large maps ala Battlefield. Their biggest issue is going to be trying to get sales though. The install bases just aren't that high. Sure it is releasing on 360 later, but with only 3 Million Xbox Ones sold and on PC requiring Origin (which is awful in comparison to Steam) it'll be harder to move units on day one. In a year though this game will likely have tons of sales. 

Personally, I've never been one to have any interest in shooting games, but from an objective standpoint I'd think the addition of the mechs (I watched the video) is an innovation, whereas COD basically just adds a couple guns and maps. 

I don't think you've played COD or know what real life is. People put out sat coms on a whim all the time man. Plus I was walking done Robson St. yesterday and a guy blew up from an IED planted there, he respawned behind me.

Did you see the 8 man 1080 double y-y no scope I got on that guy Main and  Hastings?

The kill feed was cray cray.

Did you see the 8 man 1080 double y-y no scope I got on that guy Main and  Hastings?

The kill feed was cray cray.

No I was too busy arresting your buddies in the McDonald's ball pit.