Official Videogame Thread

Sandro

Been loving the XBone I must say, Never been a fan of XBox controllers but this one is just perfect to me and the whole layout is pretty nice too. Anyone else with an XBone? I'm devoid of friends currently as most of my friends are PS guys :P

Been loving the XBone I must say, Never been a fan of XBox controllers but this one is just perfect to me and the whole layout is pretty nice too. Anyone else with an XBone? I'm devoid of friends currently as most of my friends are PS guys :P

I'm ur one and only.

@fresco: Is the Diablo 3 expansion already out in NA as well? Damn it, all those games I'm waiting for (Reaper of Souls, South Park, Dark Souls 2) are really coming out later here <_<

It hasn't come out yet but you can pre-order the DLC.  It opens 10/25.

Really leaning towards PS4, but being a Halo fanboy.. I know I'll be so pissed off if I miss out on Halo 5. Any advice?

Halo 5 is still such a far way out that you should be safe picking up a PS4 first. As a Halo fanboy I'm assuming you'd be interesting in Destiny which does come out this year. That is developed by Bungie aka the creators of the Halo games before they left Microsoft. While it will release on Box it's on PS4 first. InFamous is also out on Friday. More exclusives coming out first for PS4, you'd get access to tons of indy titles in the first year that will likely stun you at their quality. All for cheap on PSN as well.

Halo 5 likely gets announced this year at E3 for a 2015 or 2016 release. If that is all you care about on Box, that gives you a few years to save up and hopefully get both consoles. 

Is South Park worth 60 bucks?

Haven't played the game but I've watched a decent amount of it and talked to a few friends that have it. If you love the show, you're going to love the game because it's basically one massive episode of the show with tons of fan service. If you're not a big fan of the show, I'm not sure the gameplay will hold up well enough.

It's a good game but not worth 60$

Really good game but 0 longevity.

You should find ''another way'' to get it

maybe on PC, who knows

If you're in the USA you can get them at Redbox for both 360 and PS3, that's how I got it, I spent 4 days with it and beat it. Was well worth the $8 I spent on it and I actually re-rented it from Redbox last week and kept it for 2 more days to do another playthrough to pick up some more trophies I missed. As a $60 retail it's a bit light as there's maybe 10-15 hours of gameplay in the main story, there's a lot of collectibles but you get most of them just playing through the game and I got all of them in my 2nd playthrough in 2 days.  The game is hilarious and feels just like a South Park episode. But if you're not one to buy a ton of games, I'd look to borrow or rent this one as there is limited replayability and after about 25-30 hours of gameplay I literally have nothing left to do, there's no multiplayer, no DLC, and in one playthrough you hit the level cap.

• Commissioner

Diablo 3: ROS is opening tonight @ 12am ET. Anyone else wanna group!?!?!

If only I didn't work tomorrow morning. Playing a game at 1am just isn't in the cards for me :(

Made sure not to reset my quests though. Gonna jump into act 5 tomorrow night and then make a crusader after.

If only I didn't work tomorrow morning. Playing a game at 1am just isn't in the cards for me :(

Made sure not to reset my quests though. Gonna jump into act 5 tomorrow night and then make a crusader after.

Haha I can play for the opposite reasons, it starts at 9pm pst here!  Add me!

Probably gonna get both ROS and South Park on Thursday :)

What are your chars in D3?

I have 60's in all but DH which I've been working on.  My best geared is probably my wizard.

Edited by frescoelmo

Does anyone here play OotP Baseball? I'm considering picking up OotP 15 when it comes out, but I wanted to see what others thought of it first.

I was in a sim league that used it for a long time, it was fun to play around with.  Depends on how much you like managerial type stuff.

Bought South Park: it was fantastic and I'm definitely going through a second time to pick up the extras. Went as a Theif my first playthrough, and decided I couldn't resist the temptations of the High Jew Elf a second.

Also got the HD Re-master of FFX | X-2. So far, made it Luca right before the Blitz tournament. the redone tracks are amazing.